Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

Honeycomb Aeronautical - AWOL?

1 hour ago, diajohn said:

Give them a break.  This is a new company, new product and first time shipping.  They will probably figure it out and as we say in aviation, to aviate then communicate.

So chill.

Really?? 1) they are not a new company. Snakebyte has been around for some time. 2) see number one above. 

Edited by shivers9
speeling error LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

shivers9  Let us know if and when you receive your order.

Thanks

Looks like it will be next week unless I get lucky and Fedex puts it on one of the younger horses that the pony express uses. LOL!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

Good to hear more people are starting to get their notifications...I'm still awaiting mine 😞 Refresh....refresh....refresh....

Oh, well. I do understand that this being an initial release for a highly anticipated and often delayed product, there are bound to be growing pains and communication deficiencies. I can only imagine just how swamped they must be. Personally, I'd probably take a couple of minutes to post an update on their social media outlets just to help put people at ease, but they've opted otherwise.

Refresh...refresh...refresh...

Chris

1) They are a new company. 

2) They probably have a small staff. 

3) They probably have a very tight budget which restricts an abundance of resources in all areas of their business. 

4) You can always dispute a transaction if you paid via credit card. 

5) Give them more time. Major manufacturing corporations are delayed all the time, it's not unexpected for a small start up to be delayed. 

Edited by nisx
edit

Guys,

Their team is one the way to the Cosford Flight Sim event, which is larger than the US Events by the way. 

The company is located in San Diego California, and they are traveling half way around the world to England. After this weekend, I'm sure they will be back at it after the trip.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

31 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Guys,

Their team is one the way to the Cosford Flight Sim event, which is larger than the US Events by the way. 

The company is located in San Diego California, and they are traveling half way around the world to England. After this weekend, I'm sure they will be back at it after the trip.

Best wishes!

Pretty sure I wrote a paper for a fire officer class (And submitted!) while I was on a flight at 35,000 ft... but it’s too much for them to acknowledge the issues that have been brought up on Facebook for the past 72 hours? Sorry, I’m not gonna accept that.

Companies these days are very aware of their social media presence. It doesn’t take that long to draft a quick response acknowledging issues or lack there of. At this point, they’ve had 72 hours to find 30 minutes to post. I’m not saying they don’t have a great product, busy schedule or limited budget.... but they have a business because of our money. As a consumer, I expect a level of service and no service is unacceptable. No replies via email, messenger, or phone. Unacceptable in my book.

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Guys,

Best wishes!

Dave, I know you mean well and are trying to keep the peace, however, since you seem to know these guys, it would serve both the company and customers well to pass on some of these concerns or complaints to them. 

1. zero acknowledgement of ever receiving a single order from those of us who have pre-ordered. That is just crazy for this day and time.

2. Many of us do not use Facebook. Never have and never will.

3. Many of us and I would guess most of us never use the Fedex delivery feature and I would have never guessed that I needed too. Luckly, someone mentioned it here and I signed up and saw that I had a shipment coming.

35 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

No replies via email, messenger, or phone. Unacceptable in my book.

Keirtt is correct. This track record so far makes one question what customer support will be like in the future and in fact we don't even know if they will have one?? I hope this all gets sorted because the hobby very much needs what they seem to have come up with.

I would send these things to the company but unlike you, I have no means to contact them.

Sam

By the way, I pre-ordered based on your review. Thanks for that and good job.

Edited by shivers9

Sam

I think we all know what it's like to pay for something, be excited about it coming in.  It's like waiting for Christmas!

I have written to Honeycomb's CEO, and it's not surprising at this hour (in Europe) that I've not heard back from him, but I'm confident you guys will hear back from him.  Let's try to remember that like every other third party based flight sim based company, it's a small organization doing big things, so it's not surprising that it often falls to one person to handle social media inquiries and simply don't know why that person has not answered your inquiries - except that he's on a very long trip, the work load prior to that trip had to have been staggering, and the current hour for where they are is going on 10pm local.

Let's all take a deep breath and give Honeycomb just little more time to respond, and not condemn what I've seen to be a great company doing something extremely positive for us.  After all, it's not the first time a third party flight sim based company has had tech issues or been on a long travel plan.

If I hear from him, I'll be the first to post an update (though their CEO will likely get to it before I do).

Best wishes my friends.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

21 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I think we all know what it's like to pay for something, be excited about it coming in.  It's like waiting for Christmas!

I have written to Honeycomb's CEO, and it's not surprising at this hour (in Europe) that I've not heard back from him, but I'm confident you guys will hear back from him.  Let's try to remember that like every other third party based flight sim based company, it's a small organization doing big things, so it's not surprising that it often falls to one person to handle social media inquiries and simply don't know why that person has not answered your inquiries - except that he's on a very long trip, the work load prior to that trip had to have been staggering, and the current hour for where they are is going on 10pm local.

Let's all take a deep breath and give Honeycomb just little more time to respond, and not condemn what I've seen to be a great company doing something extremely positive for us.  After all, it's not the first time a third party flight sim based company has had tech issues or been on a long travel plan.

If I hear from him, I'll be the first to post an update (though their CEO will likely get to it before I do).

Best wishes my friends.

I think it’s fair to give them until COB tomorrow. At that point they will have been silent for an entire business week with the exception of a single post where they commented on a post about drivers. At that point, I feel it’s acceptable to say their customer service is poor at best. While I may enjoy the product, it will leave a lot of hesitation in what’s to come if the product has issues.

• Like 1

Gaming rig

And just to be transparent, I did find my shipment via the Fedex app; however, no email and the fedex app is only showing a label was created.

Gaming rig

I've been hammering the Yoke almost daily in all types of flying since mid-June znd even the return to zero, which has been perfect, hasn't changed one bit. Yet another indicator of high quality!

QA testing was done to 100,000 interations!

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

As far as I’m aware Honeycomb is run by one person - Nicki Repenning. I first met him at Lelystad, Netherlands in Nov 2017 when the yoke was first shown in a 3D printed model. In all Honeycomb‘s Facebook announcements it is he who has posted updates. Maybe that is why news is not more frequent.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

As far as I’m aware Honeycomb is run by one person - Nicki Repenning. I first met him at Lelystad, Netherlands in Nov 2017 when the yoke was first shown in a 3D printed model. In all Honeycomb‘s Facebook announcements it is he who has posted updates. Maybe that is why news is not more frequent.

Thanks Ray. I am sure he has at best a small staff but every month or two he could write a line or ☹️two and pay some 6 year old kid to post it somewhere on line for him.

Sam

1 minute ago, shivers9 said:

Thanks Ray. I am sure he has at best a small staff but every month or two he could write a line or ☹️two and pay some 6 year old kid to post it somewhere on line for him.

Sam, with respect that would be speculation. He was alone at Lelystad and when the yoke was on show at Cosford last year it was on the Aerosoft stand and not even connected to a computer for evaluation. Aerosoft staff showed little  interest in it. Nicki wasn’t there. Cosford is the biggest show in the U.K.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

40 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t think he’s a one man show anymore. Their post on Facebook directed people to call their office for support. That would be odd for him to be at the conference, knowing no one was at the office, yet tell everyone to call. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Gaming rig