Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

Honeycomb Aeronautical - AWOL?

Glad to hear this timest. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Chaps. Rest assured Honeycomb are alive and kicking. Nikki Repenning (the main man) and 3 or 4 staff were on their stand at Cosford today. The show was very busy and lots of people trying out their yoke and also the throttle quadrant which I saw for the first time. The show continues Sunday and then they have to get home. I’m sure you’re all get your yokes in due course.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I didn't care for the yoke when I tried it. It is a well built, sturdy, product though. The throttle unit is a different story. I really liked it. Another well built product. When things stabilize a bit I will probably order one. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Yoke received, first flight was amazing, I've been using my Thrustmaster HOTAS because my CH yoke just did not deliver the experience I was looking for. I've never had the opportunity to try one of the more expensive yokes so it's probably not fair for me to say but I can't imagine a better value and more impressive design at 4 to 5 times the cost of the Honeycomb yoke. My opinion may change over time but my initial impression and experience could not be more positive! I'm looking forward to adding the throttle set when it becomes available!     .

• Like 3

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

... and you still have the HOTAS for when you fly an Airbus. :wink:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

33 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

you still have the HOTAS for when you fly an Airbus.

As a virtual first officer, of course. 😉

• Like 1

Some feedback for this yoke. I've enjoyed using it for the past two days and I think it'll turn out to be a good product, but like anything new, there's room for improvement.

1) The first and most important thing I think needs to be improved is the customer support. There are no support forums for customers to come together and help each other through issues. When I first started using the yoke, I found that there was a "Dead zone" with most of my aircraft. After working with some other folks through discord, I was able to determine that turning down the null zone for the axis and turning up the sensitivity greatly helped. Would've been great to have forums to talk with other people about this. In addition to forums, I think the company needs to do a better job of relaying information on social media and replying to voicemails/emails. While I have my yoke, I never received any type of email, phone call, or other support.

2) The tension on the yoke has a steep learning curve when it comes to flaring the aircraft. I've found multiple times that my flares are at the incorrect time because I'm pulling too hard on the yoke towards the end of its travel distance. The next generation should have some type of tension adjuster or mechanical component that assists with this. Without a motor component, I'm finding myself getting worn out because unlike a traditional aircraft, when I adjust the trim, the pressure releases from the yoke where as on here it's constant regardless. Again, maybe a future/upgraded model will have these components.

3) The red light... it looked cool in the advertisements, but I've realized it serves absolutely no purpose. It would've been more helpful to have this light shine through the words on the switches so I could see them in the dark. As of right now, I've got this bright red light that does nothing to help me with the switches. I've found that more often than not, I just leave the red light off.

These are just my three suggestions for constructive feedback. It'll take some time getting familiar with the yoke and I think for the price it meets my needs. Maybe some others will have some constructive feedback.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

@Keirtt, what sim are you using? X-Plane handles the yoke beautifully as there is a dedicated profile already in the latest beta specifically for the Honeycomb. I can't for the life of me get P3D to recognize the buttons or hat switch correctly. The axis assignment is fine.

I agree about the pitch tension. I can only compare it to the GA planes I fly in real life. Honestly it is not that far away from reality. The tension is a too aggressive in the center range, though. It is tiring to hold small pitch adjustments, when in real life, small pitch adjustments can be held for a while before trimming without hitting the gym first 🙂

Edited by snglecoil

Chris