Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

FSReborn's AI Lights Reborn Professional - P3Dv4 - Insights

Hi guys,

I was grateful enough to beta test FSReborn's AI Light package, and I have to say @simbol did an amazing job with it.  From my conversations with him - I can tell he is an artist.  Lot of care and attention to detail has been applied to this Professional AI Lights Package for P3D.  

I will post some screenshots later this evening if my time persists.

Let me tell you guys something - The configuration process is super fun and for many of us - it is automatic.  It is in the implementation of the package - it completely changes the way my AI looks in the sim.

Works flawlessly with AIG (that is what I have).

Coolest feature - is the application uses P3D scenario to show you on how the AI looks in the sim.  Basically what this means is - it shows an airport in UK with tons of AI lined up on the runway and in the air.  This is where you can change the intensity/color/size/strobe of the light effects and you get to see from all angles on how the light effects look.  This part is so much fun and so cool.

@simbol really took advantages of P3Dv4 SDK for this.  I highly recommend P3D4.5HF2 as LM has fixed lot of light effects.

There will be pre-orders of the product will be available at Cosford Flight Show this upcoming weekend and @simbol will be there also (so meet and greet).

Full release date is 21st of October.

Check the teaser out

Enjoy

Skywolf 

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

On my shopping list 👍

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Will it work with P3D4.5HF1? I always wait awhile before I jump to the latest version. 

Note: Just watched the video. There was too much scene switching I had to start over and pauses everywhere to see what was actually being talked about. It was like the creator was trying to keep up with the beat of the music at the beginning and it was moving to fast to actually enjoy what was being demonstrated. I still plan to purchase it based on the free version. 

Edited by TalonMX
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

14 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

Will it work with P3D4.5HF1?

Yes.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

33 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Will FSPXAI be serviced?

I have AIG and UT Live - and it does work with those but I will let @simbol respond to your question.  As I do not know about FSPXAI?

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

56 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Will FSPXAI be serviced?

As long as the AI models follow the recommended and documented methodology by P3D SDK to install lights it will work.

A list of AI packages we used to test is on my website, but if you have doubts please contact your AI models vendor provider to confirm it follows P3D SDK recommendations.

Regards 

S.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

As long as the AI models follow the recommended and documented methodology by P3D SDK to install lights it will work.

Well...then I guess it's not a case with FSPXAI. Too sad

5 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Coolest feature - is the application uses P3D scenario to show you on how the AI looks in the sim.  Basically what this means is - it shows an airport in UK with tons of AI lined up on the runway and in the air.  This is where you can change the intensity/color/size/strobe of the light effects and you get to see from all angles on how the light effects look

As a fellow beta tester for this, I absolutely agree with this... @simbol has put a HUGE amount of effort and care into making this.  I can honestly say I rarely flew with AI until I discovered this - then the experience of using it together with AIG was a revelation.  Great AI package and like @Rob_Ainscough says above, negligible impact on FPS.

@simbol has worked very closely with LM to get inside the sim and make AIlights work as efficiently as possible, to a degree I think a lot of other Devs could learn from!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

You should see how it looks with 100% AI taking off/landing in fog with some PBR and dash of Dynamic Reflections ... FT CYUL with snow drifts enabled ... amazing!

Works great with UTLive 1.2 and zero performance hit with DL enabled.

Cheers, Rob.

A video rob perchance? 😉

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Looks great. Will it work with MT6 ?

I recall a company back in the FSX days that also had lights for AI. Shockwave or something?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

It looks really great!!! I'm looking forward to get my hands on this product.

Patric

Edited by pscharff

6 hours ago, TalonMX said:

Note: Just watched the video. There was too much scene switching I had to start over and pauses everywhere to see what was actually being talked about. It was like the creator was trying to keep up with the beat of the music at the beginning and it was moving to fast to actually enjoy what was being demonstrated. I still plan to purchase it based on the free version. 

I agree. I wasn't able to tell if the features of this product allow individual AI aircraft to have unique effects.
Older aircraft used different materials in their lighting compared to newer more efficient technology. Would we be able to see these in sim?

For example, on some of the FZ 737 fleet, their exterior lights still employ the old Halogen style beam design lights while the newer ones come with high quality LED versions. Would the product allow both to be turned on and used in sim at the same time on AI or will it be a 'one effect - set for all' type of a deal?