Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

FSReborn's AI Lights Reborn Professional - P3Dv4 - Insights

15 minutes ago, simbol said:

Regarding, FSPXAI aircraft. I can only support AI Models that stick to FSX / P3D SDK guidelines in regards to AI Lightsing. Having said that it is my understanding Missi is updating all his models to follow this. Most likely thanks to the hard work I had with LM to fix lots of bugs with the effect system which are now available with P3D 4.5 HF1 and HF2.

Updating or planning to update? 

10 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Updating or planning to update? 

Following the AIG group forums, I read he did some already. Please contact the developer directly for more information.

As I said if any Model follows P3D SDK guidelines, everything will work. The addon detects which models do and which ones don't. It will then enable the effects per the trailer for anything supported, your AI package will continue to work as usual, and anything using non P3D SDK lighting guidelines will continue to work as they do normally.

Surely you have some FSPAIX models, but it can't be your entire fleet. So you can still take advantage of my effects for everything else.

It is important all addons to follow P3D SDK guidelines as it ensures everything inside the platform can work as designed by Lockheed Martin engineers.

Regards 

Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

Will this work for all the FS9 HTAI models I’ve added and injected with the UTL interface?

All my Cessna 208B’s are dark with no cabin lights/tail lights at night...

Chris Camp

Before I start........this is a message for Ray Proudfoot.......the NDA has been lifted now, so I can tell you that Simbol's real name is Raul Morales :wink:

I met Raul for the first time at Cosford 2018, and I can honestly say that I have never met a nicer guy in my life. He welcomed me like a long lost brother last year, and almost single handedly reignited my enthusiasm for the Cosford Flightsim Show (which had waned somewhat after the 2016 and 2017 shows). Having a focal point to return to (the FS Reborn stand) made a massive difference to my enjoyment of the show. In addition, I was signed up as a beta tester virtually on the spot!!

So, I have been beta testing AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition (AILRP) for the past year, and I have enjoyed the huge difference that it has made to the realism in P3D v4. Watching those realistic strobe lights flashing as planes arrive and depart is always a thrill, and I particularly like the way that the strobes only start to flash when the planes have been given clearance to depart. In the past, it was hard to work out from distance if an AI plane had been cleared for take off, but now it is easy. If you see those strobes start to flash, that plane is GO FOR LAUNCH!

It is also worth noting here that I am only seeing half the product at the moment. I have a very modest PC, and it is not powerful enough to have dynamic lighting enabled. Therefore, I do not see all of those lovely reflections of strobe and beacon lights on the runway/taxiway/apron/aircraft fuselage, and yet I still love the immersion that this software provides! Changing a few light effects may sound simple on paper (and Steve has already indicated that this is far from the case), but it makes a significant difference to the feeling of actually being there. That sense of immersion in a living, breathing world that we all crave in flight simulation :cool:

So, those improved light effects are reason alone to buy this product. However, I also think that Raul has created a very powerful investigative tool for the user's AI database. Any errors that are detected during the initial scan of the AI models and repaints on your PC will result in a list being generated of those models that are affected. Moving your mouse pointer over any plane in that list will give you an indication of the source of the problem. As an example of just how useful this is, it was only after scanning my own AI database with AILRP that I realised that almost half of my TFS Boeing 777 AI fleet were not being displayed at all! The problem turned out to be an incorrect "model=" statement in my 777 aircraft.cfg files. A very simple fix, but I would never have known without using AILRP.

In addition, the amazing Live Preview Module (that Skywolf has already praised in this thread's opening post) gives the user yet another powerful tool to test for problems. When this is first loaded (a simple case of selecting "Preview Settings" from the AI Lights settings page), a random selection of AI plane models from your own database will be displayed (at Eglin AFB) against a dark sky background. You will notice all of the light effects on (static) AI planes on the taxiway and runway, and also in the air. This gives you an appreciation of how the AI planes will look at various distances, and also which lights are active at certain times. However, you can also select a single AI plane type to load in the Live Preview Module. This provides you with a superb visual tool that instantly reveals any problems that you may have with a particular AI model (or repaint).

I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Raul and the rest of the team over the past year, and I am honoured to be part of his exhibitor team at Cosford 2019. I look forward to meeting and chatting with many of you over the course of the weekend......and a few UK2000 customers at the same time :cool:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Checks carried out to ensure reliable operation of the AI is only a tiny part of a very wide gamut of operations and procedures this kind of software must be aware of behind the scenes. Shows it's a well planned and thought through product.

With an addiction to AI traffic in the scenario, it's looking like a must have add-on for sure, night and day.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Will this work for all the FS9 HTAI models I’ve added and injected with the UTL interface?

All my Cessna 208B’s are dark with no cabin lights/tail lights at night...

AI Lights Reborn Professional does replace effect based lights that are responsible for navigation lights, beacons, strobes, and landing lights. Cabin lights and tail lights are part of each repaint and do need to be painted by the author of any repaint.

But navigation lights, beacons, strobes, and landing lights of the HTAI models will be replaced by the new AILRP lights.

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

On a side note......are those FS9 HTAI models being displayed properly? My experience has been that AI aircraft models need to be updated to at least FSX status in order to be rendered correctly in P3D v4.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Anybody know what the price will be?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

4 minutes ago, pgde said:

Anybody know what the price will be?

€24.99 Euros + TAX (which varies per country), pre-orders at Cosford will have a 25% discount so £20GPB including UK VAT.

S.

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

€24.99 Euros + TAX (which varies per country), pre-orders at Cosford will have a 25% discount so £20GPB including UK VAT.

S.

I admit I'm biased (well maybe...just a bit 😉) but this is a bargain folks. It will transform your sim AND fix or help you fix numerous problems with your AI.

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

17 minutes ago, simbol said:

S.

Does the pre-order discount only apply to those attending Cosford? 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

One more beta tester chiming in here. Simbol allowed me to join his team of testers earlier this year and I am still very thankful for this experience. The other members of the team have already told you a lot about Simbol, and he probably blushed after reading all the compliments. However, it is true; working with Simbol was highly enjoyable. There are not many developers who have such knowledge about the SDK and how an add-on should be incorporated into the sim environment. What I appreciated most was his engagement with the AI community during development. What you will get is an extension for AI that will please beginners and enthusiasts likewise.

So what do I like most?
For me, landing lights were always too big and aircraft on their final approach were one giant light bulb. AILRP allowed me to fix this issue and gave me the flexibility to assign various looks depending on the type (e.g., LED landing lights for newer types, warmer lights for older types).

Is it easy to use?
As easy as you want it to be. You can change you lights with just some mouse-clicks or you can customize dozens of settings depending on model and personal preferences.

You fly online and do not care about AI?
Model matching for Vatsim (e.g., FLAi) and other networks do also use the AI models of Alpha India Group, FSX AI Bureau, HTAI, MAIW, OSP, PSAI, Raven AI, The Fruit Stand, United Traffic Team, etc. Hence, using AILRP will also improve the experience of online flying.

Some of you asked about FSPXAI and if their lights are changed by AILRP?
Trust me, I was a pain in the back for Simbol in the past months and asked him frequently for compatibility. The issue with the FSPXAI models is their non-compliance with the SDK. The author of FSPXAI used a hack to overcome a bug of the way how P3D handled the effect rendering in the distance. This bug was identified during our beta test and reported to LM, who meanwhile fixed it (I think with version 4.5?). However, FSPXAI was very reluctant to change to the proper design technique until this summer. Only the latest PRB updates introduced SDK-conform light effects for the FSPXAI models. The B777, A340, A350, A380, MD-11 still use the old hack, while the A220, A330, and B787 were updated to proper effect lights by FSPXAI. During the development of AILRP, it was necessary to draw the line at some point and finalize the build for release. Just at this point in development, FSPXAI began to implement its updates. So we all agreed that support for FSPXAI should be looked at again when there is a stable model base to build on (meaning, FSPXAI has implemented proper effect lights for most of the models and sticks to that way).

FSPXAI in a nutshell?
A post-release item that will be investigated and that depends on proper FSPXAI SDK-compliance.

I think anybody of us here is more than happy to help you and to answer your questions. So keep them coming.

Best,
Christoph

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

41 minutes ago, simbol said:

Raul, I'm going to be blunt.
I'm very disappointed at the idea of having to pay €29.99 (incl. tax) for what is effectively getting AI lights to flash appropriately (and that is how a lot of simmers are going to see your product).

I've been following this project on your forum, so I am aware it's not been the easiest process to get AILRP ready for market.

However, given that there is now rather vocal resistance to buying new products for existing sims, I can't help but think that this pricing is wrong.
I would love to support all of your efforts and buy this, but I cannot justify the price.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just back from doctor will pass on Cosford but will still buy worth it to have the sim the way the users want`s instead of being stuck with what you have.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg