Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

FSReborn's AI Lights Reborn Professional - P3Dv4 - Insights

What is the difference between this and the Freeware AI Light Reborn I already have installed?

Is it the user interface and preview mode?

Thanks!

Chris Camp

Do you take PayPal pigs or chickens on your site 🤗

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

57 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

What is the difference between this and the Freeware AI Light Reborn I already have installed?

Thanks!

If you check the website at https://www.fsreborn.com/ai-lights-reborn-professional-edition you can see all the features.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

The feature list between the two is significant, take a look at the Pro list:

https://www.fsreborn.com/ai-lights-reborn-professional-edition

For me there are several that are key:

- Ability to have groups of AI so that, for example, all the B737's, A319/320's, Boeing/Airbus Heavies etc. are in their own groups and thus all in the group have the same settings ( think LED's on B739's)

- Ability to change the texture sets for varying shades of "whiteness" on landing lights

-Ability to turn DL on/off as desired as well as vary the intensity

- Ability to change the scaling thus increasing/decreasing the visibility range

- Ability to have Standard, HD or 4K resolution effects

- Strobes now synchronized properly

- AILRP can generate reports identifying problems with your fleet so that you can track down issues and get them corrected

The list goes on a bit but these are the ones that I find key. Hope this helps.

Best,

Gerald

Edited by gsand
  • Like 1

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

28 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Do you take PayPal pigs or chickens on your site 🤗

I love chicken, not a bad plan lol..

Don't worry, multiple paying options will be available. Remember I am also a flying sim consumer as yourself, I know what we all need to feel comfortable and confident.

Regards 

S.

• Like 2

Looks fantastic, I’m a bit obsessed with aircraft lighting and it looks like I’m not the only one 😉

Fantastic work!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

10 hours ago, F737NG said:

Raul, I'm going to be blunt.
I'm very disappointed at the idea of having to pay €29.99 (incl. tax) for what is effectively getting AI lights to flash appropriately (and that is how a lot of simmers are going to see your product).

I'm going to be blunt too.

Where did you come up with 29.99? It says 24.99.

Vocal resistance to new products? Where did you come up with this?

The program Raul has developed includes, but is not limited to, 'lights flashing appropriately'. Whether you agree or disagree with the price is your business. I can say with 100% certainty that AILRP is worth every cent he's charging. This is based on 25+ years of simming and working with the team

I suggest you jump on a beta team sometime and experience first hand what has to occur, in what order, over time, with multiple individuals around the world, to achieve what Raul has done. I'll leave out the medical emergency he had right in the middle of all this but some how managed to get this thing out on schedule in addition to communicating directly with LM to get the best possible product tied directly to the SDK.

That said, AILRP is just outstanding. He's got more up his sleeve and I get to wait and start bugging him all over again :biggrin:

Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newtie said:

I'm going to be blunt too.

Where did you come up with 29.99? It says 24.99.

Vocal resistance to new products? Where did you come up with this?

The program Raul has developed includes, but is not limited to, 'lights flashing appropriately'. Whether you agree or disagree with the price is your business. I can say with 100% certainty that AILRP is worth every cent he's charging. This is based on 25+ years of simming and working with the team

I suggest you jump on a beta team sometime and experience first hand what has to occur, in what order, over time, with multiple individuals around the world, to achieve what Raul has done. I'll leave out the medical emergency he had right in the middle of all this but some how managed to get this thing out on schedule in addition to communicating directly with LM to get the best possible product tied directly to the SDK.

That said, AILRP is just outstanding. He's got more up his sleeve and I get to wait and start bugging him all over again :biggrin:

€24.99 excluding tax. +20% VAT = €29.99 (maths)

Vocal resistance - just a few, easily found:
https://fselite.net/news/just-flight-releases-vfr-real-scenery-nexgen-3d-vol-4-scotland/#comment-4639017135

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/180914-orbx-and-microsoft-2020/?do=findComment&comment=1574219

https://fselite.net/news/qualitywings-simulations-releases-ultimate-787-update-1-2-includes-dash-10/#comment-4639153458

Even whole threads discussing future actions on current sims 
https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/dbla0r/im_sorry_john/
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/560014-worth-investing-in-p3d-addons-or-wait/
https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/dcdorw/i_just_cant_be_bothered_with_xplane_or_p3d_any/

I get it, anyone who has worked on a project (developer or beta tester) feels emotionally attached to it due to all the work that has been put in. 
Problem is, when it comes to cold, hard cash, the question to be asked is: will that time and effort be rewarded?

I don't want to see Raul's endeavours go unrewarded, so I gave my opinion on what I believe will be the wider community response to the pricing if left unchanged.
Best test is to go advertise the add-on on Facebook and Reddit rather than just within a friendly environment here and see exactly what reaction it gets.

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I personally feel that a vocal minority of flight simmers are making it seem like everyone and his dog is going to stop purchasing addons for current flight simulators. Time will tell, but I really can't see the vast majority of the flight simulation world hanging around for over a year before they get their fix of new shiny toys.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Most people in this thread seems to be emotionally attached to this product because of their personal involvement. I get that and I'm happy that you're so impressed. When you guys talk about it it almost sounds that something truly amazing has happened that will revolutionize the entire industry. Personally I don't really see it. I see few improved lights. They look good, sure. But that's it.
Bottom line for me: no way I'm going to pay around €30 for a product like this.

I would never spend time sitting in a GUI to try out different lights for different a/c groups. This also means I'm not willing to pay for someone to spend time developing that. I realize that configuring the sim is a hobby by itself for many people. In that case I'm sure they will love this product. I've spent 25 years configuring and tweaking sims and I'm done. For me it's more about the flying. Most people can't have a lot of AI a/c anyway because of the performance issues, or simply don't want to because they look terrible and move and behave in an extremely unrealistic way. I'm not sure if the lights is my top priority as long as we have other fundamental issues that seems to never get fixed.

Emotional attachment and personal involvement is always recipe for an interesting discussion regarding the price. Being a developer myself I've found myself in this situation many times. Sorry, but arguments like "he is such a nice guy" and "he worked really hard on it for a very long time" really doesn't mean much to the potential buyer. They look at the results and the price. I don't doubt that the developer is a nice guy and I'm sure he did great things, but for about half of the price of Prepar3d itself - a product involving hundreds of developers and staff for years and years. For me, it's not a reasonable price tag.

On a general level it amazes me what kind of addons people are willing to pay for these days. As long as you add "worldwide" to
the product name it seems that we are obsessed to reach for our wallets. We are so desperate to improve things that we no longer question anything. Those few who even hint that the price for <insert popular addon> may be a bit too high will not be treated nicely.

I think this shows how low our expectations are on the flightsim vendors these days, especially those coming from the MS branch. We simmers have been left in the dark for so long that we think it's actually normal to not get any support, or not be able to get attention to any feature requests from the flightsim vendors.

If the default AI lights look bad and are out of sync, we should be able to file a bug report that says "the AI lights look bad and are out of sync, I paid for this software so please fix it". Then it should be fixed in the next release. If the trees/autogen/grass/sun/rain/moon/clouds/whatever look bad, we should not have to pay hundreds of dollars to go from bad looking objects to slightly less bad looking objects. It should be fixed in the core sim product, period.

Sorry for being harsh, my frustration is not directed at the AI lights product itself. You have done an excellent job and I wish you the best with this product and I'm sure many people will love the looks and configuration abilities, but I also wished that talented 3rd party developers shouldn't have to waste their time fixing stuff that should not be broken by default. Someone said that the developer is practically an unofficial LM developer like it's a good thing. Personally I think it's sad. He's a talented guy, he and all other 3rd party developers should be able to focus on improving good things to make them even better, not spend time to fix broken fundamental stuff that another paid developer didn't care to fix.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

Best test is to go advertise the add-on on Facebook and Reddit rather than just within a friendly environment here and see exactly what reaction it gets.

Worth is a relative thing. 

2 minutes ago, tolip2 said:

orry for being harsh, my frustration is not directed at the AI lights product itself. You have done an excellent job and I wish you the best with this product and I'm sure many people will love the looks and configuration abilities, but I also wished that talented 3rd party developers shouldn't have to waste their time fixing stuff that should not be broken by default. Someone said that the developer is practically an unofficial LM developer like it's a good thing. Personally I think it's sad. He's a talented guy, he and all other 3rd party developers should be able to focus on improving good things to make them even better, not spend time to fix broken fundamental stuff that another paid developer didn't care to fix.

Sadly, we are all at the mercy of those who make the platforms.  No amount of whinging will change that. Thankfully, we do have developers who try to fix what is broken.  What other options do we have?  And yes, many are hugely thankful that someone is prepared to do it - me included.  For some, it isn't worth the price, but that's okay too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Some folks have already uninstalled FSX and P3D and are staring at their empty desktop right now.

Some are still using FSX every day and continue to buy certain addons even doing so last night.

Maybe not planes and scenery.

When I think of my addons I think "I have a planes and scenery collection".

I use a couple of favourites, but don't get to use most of them much at all.. But that's it. What I do use every day is going to be important until a new sim can replace the flying I do.

If you are flying in P3D, it's a no brainer if you like the view of the AI planes around. £24.99 - I spent that on a round of burgers recently.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

If you are flying in P3D, it's a no brainer if you like the view of the AI planes around. £24.99 - I spent that on a round of burgers recently. 

Problem is, you have to spend an additional amount of $$$ to get a descent weather engine, another $$$ to get sky textures, $$$ for autogen buildings, $$$ for ATC, $$$ for... the list keeps growing. Suddenly that's an awful lot of burgers. And that's just to get up to a reasonable level that should already be there from the beginning. Many addons are nothing special, they just fill gaps that shouldn't be there at all. I appreciate that there are people out there who do something about it but my key point is that we shouldn't have to.

Sadly his has become normal in the flight sim world. A 3rd party developer can sell you a sky texture that has a slightly different color than the default and it will be advertised as a miracle product that will revolutionize the industry and lighten up a whole new world. People will happily pay for it. Or worse, products that are there only to fix obvious bugs or lack of very basic functionality in the sim product. People pay extra money for that. As long as this is regarded as normal, nobody will put pressure on the developers.

We absolutely should expect to have a descent set of ground and sky textures, autogen buildings that aren't taken straight from FS9, trees you can look at without doing a facepalm, working ATC, AI a/c that don't move like toy robots, and even AI lights that aren't out of sync.

If every piece of payware addon was on top of that, I would absolutely be happy to spend my money.  E.g. a realistic a/c with years of development behind it, absolutely! That's where 3rd party developers really can make a difference because we can't expect the base sim to implement everyone's favorite a/c in a realistic way. The base sim should be a solid foundation.

As long as people spend hundreds of dollars for a new set of tree textures or cloud models or to fix bugs, why should the sim developers care? I guess it all comes down to the lack of competition. I'm pretty sure that's going to change soon though, whether you like it or not.

Everyone knows that.

The choices are already made, the sims they have are already built up. For the coming year some will enjoy what they already have. Some will enjoy their AI traffic a bit more for not a lot of burgers.

• Like 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com