Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

FSReborn's AI Lights Reborn Professional - P3Dv4 - Insights

42 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

That is true - you do not need the text telling what AI it is.  The lights make it realistic now.  Those shots were from my dev system with P3D defaults and while testing the latest build before the launch build.

Guys and Gals - you have to see the lights in action.  It is sublime graphics, so smooth and realistic.  I love how the strobe light bounces off the airplane frame and from the distance landing AI lights look so good.  OMG!!!!

Go buy the addon!!!! and enjoy AI

We posted 20 videos in the Video forum last week, here's two that highlight what Skywolf is talking about:

B739 w/ LED's

https://vimeo.com/364522090/7b28d2844d

CRJ 700

https://vimeo.com/364521429/ae2ec83b96

AILRP is truly amazing, I spend more time planespotting at KATL, KIAD and KDEN now than flying...🤣. Raul has done a fantastic job!

Edited by gsand
  • Like 1

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

I don't really do night flying, so 24 euros is a bit steep .

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

The lighting effects look really good. The strobe interval seems quite long though (i.e, the duration that the strobes stay on for). Can that be adjusted?

Great product - Will buy.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Great product, bought it today.

TFS, UTL,FAIB working excellent.

Now I have a question for the experts and beta testers who contributed already, for instance "Wolkenschreck" mentioning that the FSPXAI A330 PBR model A330-200, 200F and 300 are already compliant, if I read correctly.

So in my FS Reborn professional stats report I expected that under "models configured correctly" they would show. UTL, TFS,FAIB and alike are shown. But not a single FSPXAI A330.

To clarify: In P3DV4HF2 which I run the FSPXAI A330 models are happily flying around, but are not showing all their lights flashing.

Instead under stats report "Models missing Strobe lights" or "Missing navigation lights" and or "missing beacon lights" the FSPXAI A330 models are listed here to great extend.

So my question to the experts is:

Is the v1.4 version FSPXAI A330 ( The downloadfile on SimMarket being " FSPXAI_A330_for_AItraffic_FSXP3D_v1_4.zip" ) the model which are working for the Beta-testers and showing in their listing under "Model Configured correctly" ?

Thanks for input,

Andreas

49 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

The lighting effects look really good. The strobe interval seems quite long though (i.e, the duration that the strobes stay on for). Can that be adjusted?

Great product - Will buy.

Hi Kael,

I think you're talking about the 739. Almost all of the 739'S have LED strobes instead of Xenon. LED's have what we call long flash-long interval (as opposed to, say, short flash-short interval like the CRJ's). The LED strobes are what you are seeing in the video, they stay on longer and off longer. Simbol and the beta team have done extensive video research to make sure the program has the correct info.

Alaska B739, look at the 11:40 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6RSDa7XMc4

You can select which nav, beacon, strobe and landing light sets you use in the program and preview your choices using Live Preview Mode with P3D running.

Here's a B738 from AILRP using Xenon strobes:

https://vimeo.com/364520956/e47051f5ad

AAL B738:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ElPyIjuVg

Hope this helps.

Best,

Gerald

Edited by gsand

Gerald

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

1 minute ago, Andreasmb said:

Is the v1.4 version FSPXAI A330 ( The downloadfile on SimMarket being " FSPXAI_A330_for_AItraffic_FSXP3D_v1_4.zip" ) the model which are working for the Beta-testers and showing in their listing under "Model Configured correctly" ?

Thanks for input,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I only have the A350, still waiting on that update from FSP. I can't speak to the other models but you can check the Simmarket web site to see if they've been updated.

Gerald

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

That is true - you do not need the text telling what AI it is.  The lights make it realistic now.  Those shots were from my dev system with P3D defaults and while testing the latest build before the launch build.

Guys and Gals - you have to see the lights in action.  It is sublime graphics, so smooth and realistic.  I love how the strobe light bounces off the airplane frame and from the distance landing AI lights look so good.  OMG!!!!

And @simbol is official LM Dev Partner now too - his imprint is in the 4.x releases also lol.

Go buy the addon!!!! and enjoy AI

It seems a great product that I may be buying, the one thing I'm not so sure about is what i highlighted in red above. I've been watching several videos of Boeing's, Airbuses, CRJ's etc at night and the strobe light almost didn't shine the fuselage at all. Is there a tweak in the app to reduce this effect, that in my opinion is overdone? may be it's inevitable. (in your videos the AC light's up like if it was hit by a lightning strike.

Either way, great add-on, congratz

Edited by SergioN

Sergio Naiberg

1 hour ago, IanHarrison said:

I don't really do night flying, so 24 euros is a bit steep .

I don't do full night flying either, and I also do not have a PC powerful enough to run with dynamic lighting enabled. This means that I am not seeing all of those lovely strobe and beacon flashes on the runway and aircraft fuselage.......but AILRP still makes a massive difference to the realism on my PC. The strobes look great even without dynamic lighting, and they can be seen from a considerable distance. Significantly, they can also be seen during the day, which means that I am still able to see other traffic when the Sun is high in the sky. Anyway, I usually start my flights at dawn (with the Sun just below the horizon), and AILRP more than earns its wages at that time of the day.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

24 minutes ago, SergioN said:

It seems a great product that I may be buying, the one thing I'm not so sure about is what i highlighted in red above. I've been watching several videos of Boeing's, Airbuses, CRJ's etc at night and the strobe light almost didn't shine the fuselage at all. Is there a tweak in the app to reduce this effect, that in my opinion is overdone? may be it's inevitable. (in your videos the AC light's up like if it was hit by a lightning strike.

Either way, great add-on, congratz

Hi Sergio,

Absolutely, you can adjust the intensity, size, resolution and scaling to whatever you like. Expert mode in AILRP lets you adjust all those and more, including selecting different texture sets.

ret95Ly.png

• Like 1

Gerald

19 minutes ago, Andreasmb said:

Great product, bought it today.

TFS, UTL,FAIB working excellent.

Now I have a question for the experts and beta testers who contributed already, for instance "Wolkenschreck" mentioning that the FSPXAI A330 PBR model A330-200, 200F and 300 are already compliant, if I read correctly.

So in my FS Reborn professional stats report I expected that under "models configured correctly" they would show. UTL, TFS,FAIB and alike are shown. But not a single FSPXAI A330.

To clarify: In P3DV4HF2 which I run the FSPXAI A330 models are happily flying around, but are not showing all their lights flashing.

Instead under stats report "Models missing Strobe lights" or "Missing navigation lights" and or "missing beacon lights" the FSPXAI A330 models are listed here to great extend.

Thanks for input,

Andreas

Hi Andreas!

Glad you enjoy it so far. Simbol has put a lot of effort in it and we testers tried our best to break it with each new beta candidate. You will find a lot of ways to customize your lights if you want to or just use the default settings. FSPXAI is a tough one and I am afraid that I have not passed the message very well.To quote myself from page 2 of this thread:

Some of you asked about FSPXAI and if their lights are changed by AILRP?
Trust me, I was a pain in the back for Simbol in the past months and asked him frequently for compatibility. The issue with the FSPXAI models is their non-compliance with the SDK. The author of FSPXAI used a hack to overcome a bug of the way how P3D handled the effect rendering in the distance. This bug was identified during our beta test and reported to LM, who meanwhile fixed it (I think with version 4.5?). However, FSPXAI was very reluctant to change to the proper design technique until this summer. Only the latest PRB updates introduced SDK-conform light effects for the FSPXAI models. The B777, A340, A350, A380, MD-11 still use the old hack, while the A220, A330, and B787 were updated to proper effect lights by FSPXAI. During the development of AILRP, it was necessary to draw the line at some point and finalize the build for release. Just at this point in development, FSPXAI began to implement its updates. So we all agreed that support for FSPXAI should be looked at again when there is a stable model base to build on (meaning, FSPXAI has implemented proper effect lights for most of the models and sticks to that way).

FSPXAI in a nutshell?
A post-release item that will be investigated and that depends on proper FSPXAI SDK-compliance.

This is still valid and Simbol will certainly take a look at the FSPXAI models again. And I will do my very best to continuously bug Simbol about those models. Many of us want proper light for the FSPXAI models but it was not until this summer that Missi made changes to his effect attachment. Simbol and we testers (for instance, I own every single FSPXAI mdodel) need to verify now that the models are updated in accordance to the SDK. Ultimately, SDK compliance is key to make AILRP work as intended and this compliance need to be done by FSPXAI.

Moreover, I know that Gerald @gsand has made a very handy spreadsheet with customized effect settings based on the manufacturer and type (Airbus, Boeing, Boeing LED, GA, etc.). Maybe Gerald could upload this in the official AILRP support forum here at Avsim? His settings helped me a lot to bring even more variation to the skies.

Let me know if you have any further questions or need help to setting up the lights. 

Best,
Christoph

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 minutes ago, gsand said:

Hi Sergio,

Absolutely, you can adjust the intensity, size, resolution and scaling to whatever you like. Expert mode in AILRP lets you adjust all those and more, including selecting different texture sets.

ret95Ly.png

Amazing, so it's a must have then, thx!!!

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

14 minutes ago, SergioN said:

Amazing, so it's a must have then, thx!!!

Just so you know, I overdid the intensities for the videos so folks could really see the effects. It is really fun to be in preview mode and adjust things and see immediately what it will look like in the sim.

Gerald

5 minutes ago, gsand said:

Just so you know, I overdid the intensities for the videos so folks could really see the effects. It is really fun to be in preview mode and adjust things and see immediately what it will look like in the sim.

That explains it then, thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

Yes, that Live Preview Module is worth its weight in gold if you want to fine tune the size and intensity of various effects. It can be done globally (the setting is applied to your entire AI database), or on a model by model basis. In short, as simple or as complex as you like.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png