Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

FSReborn's AI Lights Reborn Professional - P3Dv4 - Insights

Bought it, seems great, does anybody know why only my FAIB models where detected?, the detected FAIB model folder is in P3D, SimObjects. The un detected rest of the models are in that and inside Airplanes folder. thanks

Sergio Naiberg

11 minutes ago, SergioN said:

Bought it, seems great, does anybody know why only my FAIB models where detected?, the detected FAIB model folder is in P3D, SimObjects. The un detected rest of the models are in that and inside Airplanes folder. thanks

We recommend putting your AI Models outside the sim.

But check if the rest of your AI models have a folder "panel". AI models should not have this folder, as it will classify them as flyable airplanes and therefore skipped by AILRP.

S.

13 minutes ago, simbol said:

We recommend putting your AI Models outside the sim.

But check if the rest of your AI models have a folder "panel". AI models should not have this folder, as it will classify them as flyable airplanes and therefore skipped by AILRP.

S.

Simbol, thanks for your quick reply. None of my ai models have a panel folder. Don't know why they are skipped. I'm in the process of following your recommendation of moving ai to an outside folder, I'll let you know. Thanks again

Sergio Naiberg

3 hours ago, gsand said:

Just so you know, I overdid the intensities for the videos so folks could really see the effects. It is really fun to be in preview mode and adjust things and see immediately what it will look like in the sim.

Preview mode is the next thing on my list to mess with. Can we get more detail on the in-sim “right click” AILRP over view position? Is this something that will mess us up if we’re in a flight? I tried it once and it took me to a location sitting in a helicopter. 

Edited by TalonMX

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

13 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

Preview mode is the next thing on my list to mess with. Can we get more detail on the in-sim “right click” AILRP over view position? Is this something that will mess us up if we’re in a flight? I tried it once and it took me to a location sitting in a helicopter. 

You can use custom cameras for this purpose:

15.png

After you select any of these observers, click the letter "A" and it will automatically cycle thru them.

S.

2 hours ago, TalonMX said:

Hi Dan,

One thing to know is the program installs a special Preview scenario that it loads when you click on Preview Settings in the AI Lights Tab. It opens you up at KECP in the R22 about 300 ft up and looking back at one of the runways. You'll see planes (all static) on the ground, one line up and wait, one at rotation and 5 in various stages of landing from MM out to around 7.5nm from you. The aircraft are selected randomly from your list. If you want to work on a certain model then highlight it in the list and Preview Settings will make all of the displayed aircraft the same. You would want to be at night initially although recently I've started working with dawn/dusk as well.

You can go to a number of pre-selected observer points by right clicking, select Observer and pick the one you want. When you make changes on Nav, Beacon or Strobe settings you see the changes in the sim immediately. If you change Landing Lights settings the scenario has to reload due to halo changes associated with landing lights. When you have what you want click apply settings lower right and AILRP makes the changes. Important to note that you will not see the changes in the sim outside of preview mode until you restart P3D or do a shader reset if you have a key command set for that (I believe that the Reset will work, haven't tried it but in theory it should work).

Note that Simbol recommends, and I strongly agree, to set your traffic to 0 or suspend UTL if you have that. I have MAIW installed and KECP is a busy place sometimes. I've made a display config called FSR that sets up everything for me whenever I'm going in to Preview mode.

Long winded I know, but hope this helps!

Edited by gsand
  • Like 2

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Gerald

Your post defiantly helps.Thank you for taking the time for the detailed explanation. I just did my first flight from JFK to ATL and it was great observing all the traffic around me with the new lights. 

I only use FLAi and I noticed they need to fix a few of the light settings as AILRP clearly found some issues with a few of the models.

Thanks to all. Really enjoying the program. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

35 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

Gerald

Your post defiantly helps.Thank you for taking the time for the detailed explanation. I just did my first flight from JFK to ATL and it was great observing all the traffic around me with the new lights. 

I only use FLAi and I noticed they need to fix a few of the light settings as AILRP clearly found some issues with a few of the models.

Thanks to all. Really enjoying the program. 

You are welcome. Fixing some of the issues is really easy, you can do some yourself, just a cut and paste job. If you can send me a couple of your problem aircraft configs by PM I may be able to help you out tomorrow.

Edited by gsand

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Purchased product no download link in email cannot show shot as it shows my order number. 

Now sorted disregard. 

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, rjfry said:

Purchased product no download link in email cannot show shot as it shows my order number. 

Now sorted disregard. 

Hi Raymond,

I saw your email this morning and send you a replacement link.

S.

12 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Moreover, I know that Gerald @gsand has made a very handy spreadsheet with customized effect settings based on the manufacturer and type (Airbus, Boeing, Boeing LED, GA, etc.). Maybe Gerald could upload this in the official AILRP support forum here at Avsim? His settings helped me a lot to bring even more variation to the skies.

Dear Gerald, 

would be great help if you could share that spreadsheet. 

Andreas

Are you able to use the editing features of the program to view/edit your flyable aircraft? 

Folks,

I still haven't gotten an answer regarding FSPAI models. Actually he has upgraded 33X, 35X and 78X recently to comply with SDK and it's clearly stated in readme files that come with the products. Then why AILRP cannot assigned lights to those planes? 

12 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Folks,

I still haven't gotten an answer regarding FSPAI models. Actually he has upgraded 33X, 35X and 78X recently to comply with SDK and it's clearly stated in readme files that come with the products. Then why AILRP cannot assigned lights to those planes? 

Because I will need now  to review each single new models he has launched recently. Some of the upgraded models launched 4 months ago included duplication on effects names inside the .MDL (via 3DS Max) which is strange. It is like instead of attaching the effects to a "bone" in the models so they follow the wing when it flexes, he created multiple effects instances so they show one at a time when the wing is flexing. As a result you would have a declaration of over 4 strobes effects on each wing side, navs, etc. without knowing the positions of these at any given time.

This not how you are supposed to do things, look at FAIB implementation it is perfect without using such weird anti P3D SDK implementations.

I will review these models and support the ones that are fully P3D SDK complaint in the future.

S.

• Like 1

Understood. Seems like I have to switch to TFS models.