Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

FSReborn's AI Lights Reborn Professional - P3Dv4 - Insights

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

Understood. Seems like I have to switch to TFS models.

At least temporarily, the developer of FSPXAI is starting to listen to his customers. So don't lose hope.

Please understand I asked him myself several times since September 2017 when I started working with effects. 

I have been contacting lots of developers to share my knowledge for FREE regarding lighting for P3D for over a year in order to ensure compatibility. Many were happy to receive it and others didn't. The most interactive exchange was with @Kaiii3 from AIGM who worked with me and my beta testers all this time.

I find it amazing that a freeware developer was the only one so willing to take the advantage of the knowledge, were other payware devs didn't.. Go figure.. 

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, simbol said:

Because I will need now  to review each single new models he has launched recently. Some of the upgraded models launched 4 months ago included duplication on effects names inside the .MDL (via 3DS Max) which is strange. It is like instead of attaching the effects to a "bone" in the models so they follow the wing when it flexes, he created multiple effects instances so they show one at a time when the wing is flexing. As a result you would have a declaration of over 4 strobes effects on each wing side, navs, etc. without knowing the positions of these at any given time.

This not how you are supposed to do things, look at FAIB implementation it is perfect without using such weird anti P3D SDK implementations.

I will review these models and support the ones that are fully P3D SDK complaint in the future.

Aha,

now I understand why fspxai aircraft are not 100% compatible. Same as G-YMML1 I believed that they ( A330) are to SDK standard in release 1.4, which now I understand seems not the case. That is very annoying, to say the least.

@ Simbol, would be great if you could check and share your result of the review of the A 330 fspxai. thanks.

@kand, yes I can edit in the editor. but for a payware p3dv4 product like FSPXAI I WOULD DEFINITLY AND FULL exspect SDK compatibility to the point.

So I do trust now that for this great ai lights product a fix from FSPXAI will come along shortly from the developer.

tks to all here. rgds

Andreas

I recently upgraded from the freeware versions of the FSPXAI 787 and A350 to the latest payware versions (because the free ones were not quite working properly in P3D v4), and I was expecting them to be compatible with AILRP (after hearing about the developer's intentions), but it quickly became apparent that this is not the case. The LIGHTS sections of the aircraft.cfg files for these two AI planes are both empty.

I use freeware models for all of my other AI planes, because......you know.....they are free, and more than good enough for the task.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Missi has not listened since 2016, I doubt that he would rethink. Too sad, as the models themselves are just great. 

Purchased AILRP instantly. But I an not going back to the non-PBR TFS version of the 330/787/350. We need to push to get this issue solved.

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

3 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

Purchased AILRP instantly. But I an not going back to the non-PBR TFS version of the 330/787/350. We need to push to get this issue solved.

Give me a SDK compliant model and I get it done.. 

S.

13 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

TFS 777 just got PBR treatment + new features.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

TFS 777 just got PBR treatment + new features.

no PBR for this one yet (it got a more shiny texture, but no PBR)

Edited by SergioN

Sergio Naiberg

45 minutes ago, SergioN said:

no PBR for this one yet (it got a more shiny texture, but no PBR)

I double checked the readme - yes, you're right, there is no PBR this time

The FSPXAI aircraft.cfg lights section for the latest PBR versions published on Simmarket of the A330 are also empty.

No good. Can only the developer fix this?

5 minutes ago, Andreasmb said:

The FSPXAI aircraft.cfg lights section for the latest PBR versions published on Simmarket of the A330 are also empty.

No good. Can only the developer fix this?

Models can also have lights via .MDL files, I can parse these too. But it is important they are done using the LM P3D SDK tools! that is the key.

However, to get the best results -IF WingFlex is not implemented- it is better to put them inside .cfg files.

S.

Edited by simbol

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Give me a SDK compliant model and I get it done.. 

By this , I mean: How can I, as a customer of both AILRP and all FSPXAI models, give 'effective' feedback to FSPX to get the 'OptionalMDL' versions to be compliant with the P3D SDK. I am aware that you have been screaming from the roof tops about this for so long. But now is the time to provide 'coordinated' feedback so that we can move forward on this issue.

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

3 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

By this , I mean: How can I, as a customer of both AILRP and all FSPXAI models, give 'effective' feedback to FSPX to get the 'OptionalMDL' versions to be compliant with the P3D SDK. I am aware that you have been screaming from the roof tops about this for so long. But now is the time to provide 'coordinated' feedback so that we can move forward on this issue.

Very simple, follow the public available documentation inside the SDK which is the same procedures since FSX:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/modeling/3ds_max/modeling/new_aircraft_procedures.html#Adding Lights

Not like he hasn't seem this before, I send it to him, users posted this on his Facebook, etc., etc.

S.

Missi just prefers his method - period. Nothing personal, just a gigantic hubris.