Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

FSReborn's AI Lights Reborn Professional - P3Dv4 - Insights

dear simbol,

what a great program, huge increase of perfection.

please check, the a319 (FAIB) strobe2562 have only single strobe in my sim, the a320 (FAIB) strobe2568 has double strobe.

many thanks and best regards

oliver

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airbusa said:

please check, the a319 (FAIB)

Check the ATC_TYPE under the General section for the a319 FAIB aircraft.cfg file. This is what AILRP uses to set the type of the strobe pattern automatically. Confirm it is set as Airbus and not something else or missing.

For example:

[General]
atc_type=AIRBUS
atc_model=A319
editable=0
performance=
Category=airplane

After setting it correctly, re-run the scan, click apply and off you go.

Regards,
S.

Sorry, I don't want to stress, but how long does it usually take until to get the confirmation email with the activation code?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

24 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Sorry, I don't want to stress, but how long does it usually take until to get the confirmation email with the activation code?

Should be instant. Email me at support@fsreborn.com with your name to check and resend you the details ASAP

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

Should be instant. Email me at support@fsreborn.com with your name to check and resend you the details ASAP

Done. Thanks.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hello,

do you need to uninstall the free version before you install the pay version?

David Myers

3 minutes ago, av8r13 said:

Hello,

do you need to uninstall the free version before you install the pay version?

yes I believe you do 🙂

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

On 10/20/2019 at 8:50 PM, Christopher Low said:

I don't do full night flying either, and I also do not have a PC powerful enough to run with dynamic lighting enabled. This means that I am not seeing all of those lovely strobe and beacon flashes on the runway and aircraft fuselage.......but AILRP still makes a massive difference to the realism on my PC. The strobes look great even without dynamic lighting, and they can be seen from a considerable distance. Significantly, they can also be seen during the day, which means that I am still able to see other traffic when the Sun is high in the sky. Anyway, I usually start my flights at dawn (with the Sun just below the horizon), and AILRP more than earns its wages at that time of the day.

Thanks for the input. However, after considering my flying habits, I don't think that seeing a couple of planes every now and then is going to justify the rather large outlay of cash. For me anyway.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

2 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Thanks for the input. However, after considering my flying habits, I don't think that seeing a couple of planes every now and then is going to justify the rather large outlay of cash. For me anyway.

That's  £1K GPU in there - give it something to do!

• Like 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

14 minutes ago, SteveW said:

That's  £1K GPU in there - give it something to do!

Good one, Steve.

1k would have got me the 1080ti. (Working on rough exchange rates).

Mine is a 1080 which was about GBP600.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

5 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Good one, Steve.

1k would have got me the 1080ti. (Working on rough exchange rates).

Mine is a 1080 which was about GBP600.

The issue I see here does not regard the price of your GPU. Whatever it is, it deserves some love and attention.

• Like 1

Looking at the program from the developer point of view, it is sweet and efficient. This is a system app that runs as admin since it must be able to change system files in the simulator. Installation and activation works well. Less VAT it's basically, only, merely, £20. What you get is a nice tool that first makes sure the AI models are working properly which is handy these days. But also the lights mean that the observer gets a better idea of which traffic is coming and going. Looks real pretty on the desktop too. Lovely bit of work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hello Simbol,

i am having trouble uninstalling the free version.

i have tried a couple different ways to uninstall but have encountered the same problem.

1) i can not deactivate under the add-ons menu in P3D. I uncheck the box, but whenever i reopen it, it is checked as active again.

2) after uninstalling the free version, it appears to leave an entry somewhere in a .xml file. even after uninstalling, there is still a modified entry in the add-ons menu, which i cant get rid of.

3) if i try and run lorby's add-on program, i get a warning, "  Invalid or broken packages....add-on.xml detected) it then references the free version of ai lights.

if i try and update with lorby's add-on program, P3D will no longer start.

i have no idea at this point what to do.

thanks in advance

David Myers

Some systems organisation might present an odd situation to programs that look to many things in the system, especially when lots of add-ons are involved

You could try adjustment by hand...

by renaming C:\Users\you\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition\add-on.xml

or removing the folder.

and in 

C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

remove the entry for AI Lights, (whichever package it is numbered) which might then allow the organiser to set it up
[Package.0]
PATH=C:\Users\Steve\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Edited by SteveW

14 minutes ago, av8r13 said:

Hello Simbol,

i am having trouble uninstalling the free version.

i have tried a couple different ways to uninstall but have encountered the same problem.

1) i can not deactivate under the add-ons menu in P3D. I uncheck the box, but whenever i reopen it, it is checked as active again.

2) after uninstalling the free version, it appears to leave an entry somewhere in a .xml file. even after uninstalling, there is still a modified entry in the add-ons menu, which i cant get rid of.

3) if i try and run lorby's add-on program, i get a warning, "  Invalid or broken packages....add-on.xml detected) it then references the free version of ai lights.

if i try and update with lorby's add-on program, P3D will no longer start.

i have no idea at this point what to do.

thanks in advance

Send me an email at support@fsreborn.com This happened to another user that used Lorby Add-on's organiser. What happens is Lorby moved files and the freeware uninstaller fails now to find the required files to complete.

I will send you steps to remove it manually.

Regards.
S.