Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

FSReborn's AI Lights Reborn Professional - P3Dv4 - Insights

Speaking about FSP planes...

I'm not a FS developer myself, but here is what I think....I understand that FSP lights are embedded into the models, however these lights are being visually implemented via effects (fx) files that are parts of each FSP package. WHAT IF I won't be installing the effects files at all, but figure out the lights' sections coordinates for each model and then assign AILR lights as normal. I remember it was a case when Shockwave Lights was a big hit and people were struggling with assigning them to LevelD 767 in FS2004 (*)

(*) BTW...Guess who was a visual artist for LevelD 767? You won;t believe it 🙂 

31 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

(*) BTW...Guess who was a visual artist for LevelD 767? You won;t believe it 🙂 

You? :)

31 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

WHAT IF I won't be installing the effects files at all, but figure out the lights' sections coordinates for each model and then assign AILR lights as normal. I remember it was a case when Shockwave Lights was a big hit and people were struggling with assigning them to LevelD 767 in FS2004 (*)

This is a hack that will get you only half way, when the wings of the AI model flex, the navigation lights and strobes will remain static and not follow the wing.. giving you a wrong visual.

You are welcome to try.. but nothing I can do to correct what will happen next 😉.

S.

Just now, simbol said:

You? 🙂

Missi, aka FSPainter 🙂

This is a hack that will get you only half way, when the wings of the AI model flex, the navigation lights and strobes will remain static and not follow the wing.. giving you a wrong visual.

Well, I suspected this answer. Anyway, we have no choice but to wait and see

Out of curiosity can the new light models/effects be used on the user aircraft as opposed to just the AI models? I know some developers tend to really miss the mark with lighting so I'd be curious if this was possible before buying the product.

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Bt103504 said:

Out of curiosity can the new light models/effects be used on the user aircraft as opposed to just the AI models? I know some developers tend to really miss the mark with lighting so I'd be curious if this was possible before buying the product.

Thanks!

Not at this time, planning for future depending on user feedback, etc.

S.

12 hours ago, Bt103504 said:

Thanks!

There are products that already cater for user aircraft effect lighting - depending on which aircraft you fly.  FSFX packages (Old Prop) provide lighting effects for all PMDG aircraft, the QW787 and I think the Majestic Dash 8

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 3:02 AM, simbol said:

Send me an email at support@fsreborn.com This happened to another user that used Lorby Add-on's organiser. What happens is Lorby moved files and the freeware uninstaller fails now to find the required files to complete.

I will send you steps to remove it manually.

Regards.
S.

I also use Lorby ADD-on organizer and have the free version installed, should I be concerned the uninstaller won’t work correctly? If so can you provide a link to the proper uninstall procedure?

Thanks again for all you do for our wonderful hobby!

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, joepoway said:

I also use Lorby ADD-on organizer and have the free version installed, should I be concerned the uninstaller won’t work correctly? If so can you provide a link to the proper uninstall procedure?

Thanks again for all you do for our wonderful hobby!

Joe

Hi Joe, it is explained on my Website under the FAQs.

I will put it also on the forums later tonight when I come back from work :)

S.

Using P4AO is probably also the reason the pro version warns me at every startup that it isn't activated in P3D...?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

19 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Using P4AO is probably also the reason the pro version warns me at every startup that it isn't activated in P3D...?

Sometimes when you launch P3D it ask to if you want to activate an add-on but the windows goes behind and end users don't see it. They continue using the sim and then exit later. At that point P3D will mark it as active=false.

Find your add-ons.cfg files, there are 2. One inside C:\Programdata\Lockheed Martin\add-ons.cfg and another under C:\users\yourname\Lockheed martin\add-ons.cfg

Inspect them, find the AI LIGHTS REBORN PROFRESSIONAL entry, and mark it Active=true.

I don't enable this myself because I am totally against of touching and editing ANY Prepar3D configuration files, core files, or anything inside your P3D Ecosystem. If the activation of the product goes wrong, it is normally due to 3rd party programs that actually touch and tinker with these files. Or because the user didn't set the YES option when launche P3D and it asked if it wanted to activate AI Lights Reborn Professional.

S.

Edited by simbol

Okay, thanks, I will check. Although I'm convinced it is active, as I have strobe light effects with dynamic lighting.

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Guys you need to check out the excellent tutorial posted in FSReborn official forum section - it will explain tons of things.  For my use the app works so well, it is pretty much few clicks (scan AI, choose my lights and apply settings) and viola - all my AI looks awesome for me in my 4K monitor.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hi all,

anyone else having an issue with the preview settings mode?  I have P3D running, and my default scenario loaded (default piper cub @ KMHW) when i hit the preview button on AI Lights Pro, it says it has connected to the sim , but it then loads a scenario with the Robinson Helo which proceeds to crash into the ocean.  So for some reason it’s not loading up at an airport, but rather somewhere out in an ocean.  Any thoughts?

thnx

Richard

6 hours ago, Slick9 said:

but it then loads a scenario with the Robinson Helo which proceeds to crash into the ocean.  So for some reason it’s not loading up at an airport, but rather somewhere out in an ocean.  Any thoughts?

That is strange. All I do is start a situation -a pre loaded flight- at Eglin AFB.

This is the default base airport that P3D also uses when you load the first time with the F22. Go to load scenario, find the AILRP Calibration scenario and click load. Check if the the problem occurs. If it does try loadding the P3D default situation with the F22, and if you get the same results (water at the airport) it means something is happening to your land class scenario at Eglin or surrounding areas.

Best,
Simbol

Hi Simbol

I've been away with work for a few days but have just come home and purchased. Congratulations on release of your project, looking forward to the AI Runway Control tool !!

• Like 5

Ian S

38.jpg