Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

The New Dev Team Asobo

I've had a chance to watch most of the dev interviews from another 'channel' and read about everyone's experience at MS in Seattle over the last few days. 

I must say that I'm really impressed with the new dev team and how much respect they have for the FS franchise itself and the community.  It's really great to see how committed they are to developing a hard core simulator.  They seem to be leaving it all on the table.  They've stated that the release of the new simulator is actually the start (not the end) of what's to come and are in it for the long haul. 

I know MS is still a business at the end of the day, but it appears that MS seems to be giving the team what they need also.  This kind of attitude can only come from the top.  FS has been around before windows, I think, and it seems like MS feels some kind of connection to that and realizes how important FS is to them, possibly to the point where money may not even be a concern.  At least, that's kind of how it starting to seem. 

As an a person who has enjoyed FS since the very first version, I have to say welcome to the community!  I hate to sound like a word not allowed, but seeing is believing, and we're seeing a ton these days.  All of it great so far.  We'll hold you accountable, yes, but we'll also be behind you at the same time.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 3

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Flight Simulator is Microsoft's longest running franchise, it started before Windows even. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some people in there who have personal nostalgic or emotional attachments to the sim who push to get it done well.

Just now, nikita said:

Flight Simulator is Microsoft's longest running franchise, it started before Windows even. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some people in there who have personal nostalgic or emotional attachments to the sim who push to get it done well.

The Asobo team leader said that

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 minutes ago, nikita said:

Not correct it was not Microsoft`s to start with windows then flight sim I still have floppy disc with 3.1 WINDOWS.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I am just glad they are french! That's the cherry on the cake

• Like 3

Just now, Noooch said:

I am just glad they are french! That's the cherry on the cake

Glad and proud  😉 !

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

59 minutes ago, nikita said:

Years and years ago, i think at the time of the start of FS9, i read (probably on flightsim.com) that Bill Gates himself has always been the one that initiated and loved flightsimulators, just saying.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

I still remeber the day when I was watching the E3 show waiting for Gears 5 or Halo Infinite announcement and all of a sudden 'World Premiere' popped up on the big e3 screen and the trailer played. I dont get emotional easily but I kid you not I had tears in my eyes. The connection that some of us share with Microsoft Flight simulator is very unique and cannot be explained in words. 

These devs on the other hand are just amazing. Their engagement with the community deserves a standing ovation. They are genuinely excited for their product. This sim is a love letter to all the die hard Flight sim fans who have kept the dream alive. Microsoft and Asobo Team, I thank you for giving us Microsoft Flight Simulator. Words dont describe how excited I am.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Dont know if its really from him but i like this quote . . .

The Wright Brothers created the single greatest cultural force since the invention of writing. The airplane became the first World Wide Web, bringing people, languages, ideas, and values together.

Bill Gates

Source: https://www.azquotes.com/quote/612201

• Like 1

I was impressed with Asobo's work and their World Engine MSFS2020 is using. It's really an impressive engine.

Content de voir que c'est dans un studio en France que cette nouvelle version est développée 🙂

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

Well, it's really seems that they are passionate about what they are doing, and introduce them to real aviation, a lot of them got their PPL, was a great idea.

I am a pilot, but because of my work and where it is, I am not able to fly, so I am really expecting this simulation.

The best thing for me, I have a very young daughter, and it would be awesome to discover the world virtually with her during rainy day, and why not, if the cockpit sharing is real, teach her how to fly.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Baber20 said:

I still remeber the day when I was watching the E3 show waiting for Gears 5 or Halo Infinite announcement and all of a sudden 'World Premiere' popped up on the big e3 screen and the trailer played. I dont get emotional easily but I kid you not I had tears in my eyes. The connection that some of us share with Microsoft Flight simulator is very unique and cannot be explained in words. 

These devs on the other hand are just amazing. Their engagement with the community deserves a standing ovation. They are genuinely excited for their product. This sim is a love letter to all the die hard Flight sim fans who have kept the dream alive. Microsoft and Asobo Team, I thank you for giving us Microsoft Flight Simulator. Words dont describe how excited I am.

I didn’t watch it live, but I had a similar feeling when watching it for the first time. I listen to a gaming podcast (dirty casuals) and they mentioned that it was their surprise highlight of e3, I thought I must have heard it wrong but checked and there it was. Was like seeing a long lost friend for the first time in years. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PhilTaylor said:

Yes I had it on a commodore 64 pro logic like I said  it`s the second longest software on Microsoft windows, but I would not call it a flight simulator back then it was just a black screen with white dial's and lines no plane.   

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg