Sign in to follow this  
Flybynumbers

About time!

I was just getting back into simming after a hiatus...this is awesome! Might as well close all the other forums...fsx, p3d, x-plane...should all become ghost towns after FS 2020 is released. I have no idea if all my current saitek gear will be compatible...but don't care...I'm willing to start from scratch for this release. :)

2 hours ago, Flybynumbers said:

I have no idea if all my current saitek gear will be compatible...but don't care...I'm willing to start from scratch for this release. 🙂

I own a multitude of Saitek gear and am absolutely sure Logitech will hurry up to provide drivers at startup - or leave the market, which can't be excluded as well given they never invested any $ into Hardware or Software Saitek further development over the last years.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I can't find the source right now, but I've read somewhere that Microsoft are getting in touch with manufacturers to make sure their gear is compatible with the new simulator. In the first development update they also talked about ensuring that everyone is able to fly, not matter what gear you have.

if Thrustamster could make us a FFB Warthog joystick.... An old boy can dream, can't he ? 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Pretty sure in pics I saw from the Seattle event that the PCs were setup with Saitek yokes and throttle quadrants

Darren Morris

Just now, curbz said:

Pretty sure in pics I saw from the Seattle event that the PCs were setup with Saitek yokes and throttle quadrants

That's the easy part, but the Switch etc. Panels and even more the FIPs = Flight Instrument Panels (I own 9 of the guys) is a different question.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

40 minutes ago, pmb said:

That's the easy part, but the Switch etc. Panels and even more the FIPs = Flight Instrument Panels (I own 9 of the guys) is a different question.

Kind regards, Michael

Ditto 🙂

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

Froogle said it still has simconnect and that all that stuff should work for cockpit builders. 

6 hours ago, Flybynumbers said:

I was just getting back into simming after a hiatus...this is awesome! 

It's not about time, it's ahead of time by about 20 years. Nobody was expecting this kind of technology in a flight simulator anytime soon. Until now flight simmers had to deal with old technology (X Plane and P3d both have cardboard trees). Just remember this sim is less than half finished though, it will take about 3-4 years for the main features to be flushed out.

Greazer.

3 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

And they dont work well in xplane and logitech has yet to give a solution that worked as far as I know 

17 minutes ago, Greazer said:

It's not about time, it's ahead of time by about 20 years. Nobody was expecting this kind of technology in a flight simulator anytime soon. Until now flight simmers had to deal with old technology (X Plane and P3d both have cardboard trees). Just remember this sim is less than half finished though, it will take about 3-4 years for the main features to be flushed out.

Greazer.

I don't know...we are seeing a similar leap from fsx to fs 2020 as we did from  MSFT 4.0 (1989) to MSFT 5.0-5.1 (1993-1995) where they started using textures...