Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How BIG is yours?

How big is your P3d folder?

I was amazed to find out the mine is 368 gigabytes!  With a 500 GB Solid State drive, I'm getting a little nervous.  I have to admit I have a large airplane stable, and I should delete some of those that I don't use.

How big is yours?

Stan

Stand.. you got me scared with the topic title lol I have multiple PCs the one with the largest is similar to yours.. the one with the smaller is around 40GB

S..

She ain't complaining....quite large 🤙...oh yeah...my PCIE is 1TB - I can push it near the edge - but I am happy.  500gb is limiting at times.  My PC is loaded with tons of SSD but she loves them pcie ssd 🤘

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, spilok said:

Not that big, I try to install everything outside of the P3D folder.

i.e.

D:\AIRCRAFT

D:\SCENERY

etc. etc.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, spilok said:

I was amazed to find out the mine is 368 gigabytes!  With a 500 GB Solid State drive, I'm getting a little nervous.  I have to admit I have a large airplane stable, and I should delete some of those that I don't use.

How big is yours?

Stan

368 GB...... thats not a P3D folder! 485GB, now thats a P3D folder! (I really need to tidy it up a bit 😵)

Murray Dreyer

For now mine is small compared to others. Mine is 77.6 GB.

201 GB 
I'd like it to be smaller (that's what she said 😊), but I've moved as much as I can to outside of the main folder (including a symbolic link to the main Orbx folder on another drive).

1.3 TB of scenery, AI models, add-on programs, etc. on another drive (1.5 TB total sim-related disk space usage total).

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

46 minutes ago, Mace said:

I try to install everything outside of the P3D folder.

Here too... wish more 3rd party developers would embrace the add-on.xml method.  This week I'm doing a complete sim reinstall using 4.5_HF2.  My P3D folder is still a minuscule 33.4GB.  All I've had to install in that folder thus far is FSUIPC and the F1 GTN Docs folder... less than 18 MB. :biggrin:

Greg

705 GB  (323 of that is ORBX), plus at least 165 GB in other folders / drives (P3D Add-On folders, etc etc).

Joe Lorenc

Mine's down to 88.2 GB now after I used the new FTX Central 4 to move my Orbx stuff out of there. \o/

With my P3D folder at 77.6GB it takes about 3 minutes for the sim to load. It must take forever for the sim to load for you other guys with huge P3D folders.

4 hours ago, spilok said:

How big is yours?

Stan

I'm running 3 Samsung 500's with one of those a Pro.

1- OS + P3D and assorted aircraft/airports.

2- Megascenery only

3- ORBX only

Plenty of room.

500's are pretty cheep Stan, might want to consider another. Be sure you got Trim enabled on that thing.

Mark

My P3D folder (~300Gb) pales in comparison with my XP11 one (~7Tb) due to Ortho4XP assets. Hopefully FS2020 will put an end to this waste.

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

465 (P3D incl ORBX) + 220

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).