Sign in to follow this  
Flybynumbers

Gaming desktops to run fs 2020 smoothly.

Bugged out and posted 3 times, how do i delete a post? 

i5 7600k @5.1 ghz Liquid cooled, 1080ti Duke 11GB, 32GB DDR4 3400, 8TB m.2 PCIE NVME array intel 660P X 4, Oculus Rift, TM Hotas, TM TPR rudder, 

4 minutes ago, adamv1 said:

Bugged out and posted 3 times, how do i delete a post? 

Ping the mods. @188AHC

7 minutes ago, adamv1 said:

Sorry I'm late to this game, but pfffftttt!!!! That's me barfing up a drink. 5,000 USD for that! Don't shoot yourself in the foot! First off, 8tb 5400rpm drive, no thanks. 64gb of ddr4 might be great for someone with a google chrome open tabbing issue, but anybody else will be just fine with 32gb and even 16gb is enough for most mere mortals. I put together a build on newegg like this:
Intel 9900k, 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC LGA 1151, Corsair 570X case, 2x 2tb m.2 intel 660P SSD's, GIGABYTE AORUS RTX 2080 TI 11GB, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Corsair H150i PRO Liquid cooler

total cost: 3,242.06 W/shipping

I doubt we'd need ray tracing, and also, you could go without the dual ssds. Just go with a 5 TB HDD and an ssd.

Also, we don't know if Intel or AMD Ryzen will come out on top here... If it's a single-thread optimized game, then it's better for Intel. But Muti-core usage? It's gotta be AMD.

51 minutes ago, adamv1 said:

Sorry I'm late to this game, but pfffftttt!!!! That's me barfing up a drink. 5,000 USD for that! Don't shoot yourself in the foot! First off, 8tb 5400rpm drive, no thanks. 64gb of ddr4 might be great for someone with a google chrome open tabbing issue, but anybody else will be just fine with 32gb and even 16gb is enough for most mere mortals. I put together a build on newegg like this:
Intel 9900k, 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC LGA 1151, Corsair 570X case, 2x 2tb m.2 intel 660P SSD's, GIGABYTE AORUS RTX 2080 TI 11GB, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Corsair H150i PRO Liquid cooler

ALIENWARE AREA-51 GAMING DESKTOP 🙂

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRd1WmRB3EY&t=712s

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, adamv1 said:

Lol, 64gb of RAM? That's almost enough for three Chrome tabs!

17 hours ago, Concodroid said:

I doubt we'd need ray tracing, and also, you could go without the dual ssds. Just go with a 5 TB HDD and an ssd.

Also, we don't know if Intel or AMD Ryzen will come out on top here... If it's a single-thread optimized game, then it's better for Intel. But Muti-core usage? It's gotta be AMD.

I have replaced all my my mechanical drives with SSD's totaling 8.5tb's. It's very cheap these days and very much worth it if using Ortho scenery. I went from a 2tb SATA SSD to the intel 660p m.2 ssd and even ssd to ssd showed a huge difference in stuttering when loading scenery. Ryzen is great for multi threading but the 9900k is still king of the hill for IPC. For x-plane I would use the 9900k over any ryzen, but if FS2020 is multi threaded than you could swap that out for a threadripper with 64 threads and still come in under the $5,000 price tag of the dell. Even though we won't need ray tracing, the extra 3gbs of ram on the 2080ti plus the extra boost in power from even the 2080 super is substantial enough to make it worthwhile, I mean, he's still saving 1,700 over the dell and getting the more powerful card. And the card i listed here is very epic, with a dual radiator liquid cooling. 

Edited by adamv1

i5 7600k @5.1 ghz Liquid cooled, 1080ti Duke 11GB, 32GB DDR4 3400, 8TB m.2 PCIE NVME array intel 660P X 4, Oculus Rift, TM Hotas, TM TPR rudder, 

Well, latest interviews have mentioned “Bandwidth” speed will effect the level of scenery detail when live streaming...  So I would upgrade my internet speed over anything CPU or GPU wise for the time being!

Chris Camp

I forgot to say in my previous post, that if the sim is supposed to run on xbox, then some serious optimization is under way 🙂

Boris

10 hours ago, mcmini said:

I forgot to say in my previous post, that if the sim is supposed to run on xbox, then some serious optimization is under way 🙂

I mean, the Xbox can run Forza 7; it's really graphically demanding. The Xbox One X can run it at 4k. And Forza's the same size as MSFS 2020, at ~100 gigs.

And also we have the new 9th generation consoles (PlayStation 5; Xbox Scarlett) which are (supposedly) 4 TIMES better than the One X.

We'll see, but I doubt that it's gonna need that much optimization. Certainly some visual effects will be turned off, but if Xbox delivers their promise, they might not need to...

I am sceptical that Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released for XBox One (or even the X model). When Microsoft mentioned an XBox version, I am pretty sure that they were referring to the next generation "Scarlett".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It`s aimed at Project Scarlet running on Windows 10 UWP, that will run older titles backward compatible not the other way round, and I suspect will out sell the PC version as they tend to buy and re-sell titles.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 10/4/2019 at 7:03 PM, udidwht said:

They'll be shooting for as much of the mainstream desktop market as possible. Not just latest and greatest.

Then I would expect the minimum requirements to be hovering around these: 

Newegg Recommended VR PC Specs:

Official Oculus Rift Recommended Specs:

• Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
  • NVIDIA GTX 970 or AMD R9 290 or greater
  • 8GB RAM or more
  • HDMI 1.3 and 3x USB 3.0 plus 1x USB 2.0

Edited by Flybynumbers

It was said that Microsoft Flight Simulator would be released for PC and the "Xbox One family". Not very specific though, but it could suggest that Project Scarlett will include "Xbox One" in its name as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if they can make it to run on current consoles too. The Xbox One would probably have to stick to 720p resolution and the Xbox One X to 1080p, and if it can use all 8 cores efficiently the CPU shoudn't be too much of a problem (since there would be little to no driver overhead).

On 10/4/2019 at 2:06 AM, pracines said:

If you live in the USA - keep an eye on Jetline Systems. They will have a PC that will run the new MSFS fine, just jive them some time to get a copy of the sim and sort it out. 

Had 3 Jetline systems.....Greg and Ken of Jetline ALWAYS have it together.  My latest Jetline (about 10 months old) runs P3d on highest settings flawlessly.

Stan