Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Have we already seen the Feature Discovery Series?

According to Microsoft's Development Roadmap, they are scheduled to release Feature Discovery Series, Episode #1 (World) on Thursday, October 10th. Because of the massive release of video this week from the previewers who attended the big event in Seattle, am I correct in assuming that we've already seen what's scheduled to be released on October 10 by Microsoft? Or is there something additional that we should be expecting? I'm a little confused.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

No, what was released to the previewers is not episode 1 of the Discovery series. I suppose we will get on October 10th much more on how the whole world looks.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, David Mills said:

According to Microsoft's Development Roadmap, they are scheduled to release Feature Discovery Series, Episode #1 (World) on Thursday, October 10th. Because of the massive release of video this week from the previewers who attended the big event in Seattle, am I correct in assuming that we've already seen what's scheduled to be released on October 10 by Microsoft? Or is there something additional that we should be expecting? I'm a little confused.

I hope it ins't. I'm hoping not only to see more parts of the world (on the long video we saw this week, there's a lot of Seattle, but the rest isn't shown much).

But I'm also willing to hear from them more details about the current state of the scenery and what they plan for the future, like bing maps updates.

From the MS Flight Sim website:

The Global Preview Event also marks the next step in our communication with the community regarding more granular product details. The team gave technical presentations on four important topics during the event:

1. World
  2. Sky
  3. Aerodynamics
  4. Cockpits

Starting today, you’ll get to see and hear the reactions from those in attendance. Starting in October, these presentations will be delivered to the community as part of our Feature Discovery Series.

Give people power to really test their personality.

What we've see thus far is only a "Preview" of the "World" the full length release of which is scheduled for October 10th.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator