Sign in to follow this  
nas123

Lack of multi screens in MSFS2020 :(

My understanding from all info in the last days is that MSFS2020 does not support multi-screens in the first planned release next year.

What does this mean for the users:

1. Not possible to view both internal(cockpit view) and external(spot/chase view) at the same time.

2. Not possible to undock any displays or panels to make a "home cockpit" using other monitors.

Am I right or wrong in my assumptions or have I misunderstood the information?

11 minutes ago, nas123 said:

My understanding from all info in the last days is that MSFS2020 does not support multi-screens in the first planned release next year.

What does this mean for the users:

1. Not possible to view both internal(cockpit view) and external(spot/chase view) at the same time.

2. Not possible to undock any displays or panels to make a "home cockpit" using other monitors.

Not sure...I think that MSFT is realizing that the simmer community has moved away from creating instrument panels with monitors and prefer to build using physical panels...there are a lot of options out there now at affordable prices.

2 minutes ago, Flybynumbers said:

the simmer community has moved away from creating instrument panels with monitors and prefer to build using physical panels

It does ? Nobody told me ! 

• Like 6

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Flybynumbers said:

Not sure...I think that MSFT is realizing that the simmer community has moved away from creating instrument panels with monitors and prefer to build using physical panels...there are a lot of options out there now at affordable prices.

Google search of "home cockpit" limited to the last month. Most have multiple monitors.

https://www.google.com/search?q=home+cockpit&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS821US821&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ACYBGNSaHqSQoPGLHCKCwr5dsF1JRAk4UQ:1570207137410&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:m&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwissJi1hYPlAhVBnFkKHVBaDEoQpwUIJA&biw=1920&bih=937&dpr=1

3 hours ago, nas123 said:

<snipped for brevity>

It was only confirmed that there will be no full-screen 2d panels, not that popup 2d panels won't be available for use.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Don't need multi panel on the 65" OLED TV on XBOX 4K .

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I am sure there will be that support soon enough after release as a lot of us use multiple monitors.  My 737 MAX home cockpit will be sad without it until it is made available.  

i9-10900k * 64GB 3600MHz Ram * RTX 3090 running 3 75" 4k displays smoothly.  

Full 737 MAX enclosed cockpit from FDS

Hmm, this will be sad if it is indeed the case. Only this week I decided to rebuild my cockpit and use three monitors. We shall have to wait and see I guess.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Having an ultra-wide 49" monitor I don't see the need for three parallel screens anymore. Additional instruments like the FMC could be easily shown in an iPad.

The less screens one have, the more performant and reliable is the flight simulator.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

who needs monitors at all, my VR Headset is more then enough! /s 😉

Edited by Nedo68
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nedo68 said:

who needs monitors at all, my VR Headset is more then enough! /s 😉

Indeed, I don't.

I just plug the HDMI cable directly in to my brain implant port on the side of my skull.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

Having an ultra-wide 49" monitor I don't see the need for three parallel screens anymore.

G-RFRY  said:

Don't need multi panel on the 65" OLED TV on XBOX 4K .

In this community, users have the most diverse needs and wishes. Therefore it would be good if FS2020 would respond to them. To say that one monitor is enough for me, so that's enough for you too, is a bit too short.

@Microsoft: Please give us as many undockable windows as possible. Thanks!

• Like 3

There is no conclusive evidence it won't support multiple monitors upon release or later.

I certainly haven't read or seen anything one way or another it won't support them.

It may not at release but might after release. We just don't know at this point

As another has said VR is supposedly coming and it certainly can replace a multiple monitor setup for some people. It is also much less expensive than a home cockpit setup, and requires no dedicated space for a home cockpit setup.

40 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

I certainly haven't read or seen anything one way or another it won't support them.

this twitter post seems to show a pop-out EFB on a tablet or USB screen of sorts.

https://t.co/DpHKLIDaMz

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

46 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

this twitter post seems to show a pop-out EFB on a tablet or USB screen of sorts.

https://t.co/DpHKLIDaMz

That Is an external android application called EasyVFR from the PocketFMS team, wich connects to Ms Alpha, according ti this

https://xmapsy.com/