Sign in to follow this  
tanker

Carenado B120

Just downloaded it. Only had time for a quick flight around the pattern.

Installed the F1 GTN - shows up as a 2d pop-up but the panel just has a black screen

Seems a bit heavier on frame rates than my other Carenado aircraft

Seems somewhat over powered, but I only had 1 pilot and 50% fuel.

Usual Carenado excellent visuals inside and out

Dale

• Like 1

Dale

1 hour ago, tanker said:

Installed the F1 GTN - shows up as a 2d pop-up but the panel just has a black screen

Same problem here with the GTN!

Bill

Same here with the GTN.  Also how can I get the autostart set up instead of the cold and dark start?  Didn't see a pop up to select either option.  

39 minutes ago, C130FE said:

Same here with the GTN.  Also how can I get the autostart set up instead of the cold and dark start?  Didn't see a pop up to select either option.  

Shift 7 brings up the engine/system setup, Only problem - when I select 1,2,3,& 4 (ready to taxi), the engines start, but all the instruments go blank. If I go back to Shift 7 and select  5, ready to takeoff, all the gauges come back on. 

Dale

Dale

7 hours ago, tanker said:

Seems a bit heavier on frame rates than my other Carenado aircraft

Usual Carenado excellent visuals inside and out

Dale

Seems to perform better than the SAAB for me, in fact i don't notice any change in smoothness from some other recent planes i have flown. Though it could be due to using the Reality XP GTN and not the Flight 1 one.

the sounds of the toggle switches and flaps are orgasmic though!

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

My brief flight was smooth enough, I just noticed that my frame rates were around 45 fps. This was at a regional airport with minimal traffic and default weather and scenery. Under these conditions, I typically get around 60 fps with other Carenado aircraft, like the Fokker F50.

Dale

8 hours ago, tanker said:

Just a thought, usually Carenado have the GTN750 integration installer as a separate .exe in the aircraft root folder, did you run that. I don't have the EMB120 yet so can't confirm.

steve southey

9 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Just a thought, usually Carenado have the GTN750 integration installer as a separate .exe in the aircraft root folder, did you run that. I don't have the EMB120 yet so can't confirm.

I ran it.  To no effect.  The setup ran normal but did not install it.  I didn't even have the popup.

27 minutes ago, C130FE said:

I ran it.  To no effect.  The setup ran normal but did not install it.  I didn't even have the popup.

Looks like it needs a Carenado support ticket, they're usually pretty good.

• Like 1

steve southey

How are flight dynamics and systems? Do the basics work?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

10 hours ago, Purr said:

How are flight dynamics and systems? Do the basics work?

I only had a chance to take her up for about 30 minutes before I had to head into work yesterday.

As far as I could tell the basics work well. It seems everything on the overhead is clickable/switchable...though if they are just dummies or not I could not say. Hand flew well. Is it realistic? Could not tell you as I don't have any real world EMB-120 time, and finding information on its quirks online seems to be hard to come by.

APU started well, engines started well. Flaps moves well (the digital flap meter on the overhead is neat). All the engine instruments moved smoothly.

I'm sure there are bugs, but my 30 minutes didn't have anything glaringly wrong stand out.

Nick Silver

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Is the VC PBR material also?

Cheers, Rob.

I believe it is. The cockpit certainly has a different feel to the texture work, especially the top of the glare shield. It could also just have been some reflectivity along with the PTA shaders making things look different too...

Nick Silver

21 hours ago, tanker said:

Seems somewhat over powered, but I only had 1 pilot and 50% fuel.

What was your climb torque?  With 84% and 155kts the real EMB 120 needs only 2min from S.L. to 8000ft at low weight.

Edited by FDEdev