Sign in to follow this  
tanker

Carenado B120

19 hours ago, briansommers said:

I was going to get it but now I'm concerned about the frame rate issue.

On my second flight, the frame rates were good. Must have had something running in the background on the first flight.

Dale

12 minutes ago, tanker said:

I was probably at 90 to 95% torque.

Ok, 84% is max climb.

Hi Everybody! Do this plane has a lite model? I am concerned about the FPS performance. I have had performance problems in recent Carenado aircraft like the ATR 45, which does not have a lite model, so I am holding purchasing of the EMB120. I'm running FSX SE. Thanks for your comments on this topic.

Cheers,

Roberto

I have been salivating over the 120,  but I don't like what I'm hearing about FPS and the GTN. I'll hold off a bit. Thanks to everyone who went first. 🙂

Hi

Great plane for short flights to small regional airports.

RXP GTN works fine for me. But I have some issues with the anti-ice system and its alarm system. Engine shutdown: I can only do it with the fire handles - I think thats not standard procedure...?

Would appreciate some more infos on power setting (throttle/prop/EEC/feather switch) for different flight segments.

cheers

FPS no problem for me, similar to other Carenado aircraft. B.C. is well done. Initial impression of flight model seems decent though I have no turboprop time. I need to get more info on real life numbers to compare. Night lighting is not on a dimmer but there are separate settings for flood / instrument backlighting that are well done. 

I also have the gtn issue. It does work and display but only in the pop up.

have not tested autopilot or nav functions yet.

aounds are pretty nice, though engines seem slightly muted for what must be a loud beast IRL.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Also, There are switches on the overhead which control presumably max torque for to/cl/cr but they didn’t seem to have any effect...

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

On 10/5/2019 at 2:55 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Is the VC PBR material also?

Cheers, Rob.

The more i play with her the more you notice it, including the reflection on the yoke as well.

OGM65GQ.jpg

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

9 hours ago, msair said:

. Engine shutdown: I can only do it with the fire handles - I think thats not standard procedure...?

Yeah I can't seem to get the condition levers set to cutoff. Ive tried the little switches under the condition levers to no avail, and i cant seem to pull them further back then 0/min rpm.

Nick Silver

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Don't have the EMB120 installed, but here is what the RW manual says:

The Condition Lever controls the propeller speed and the fuel opening for the engine start.
The following discrete condition lever positions are provided at the control stand:
– MAX RPM (Maximum RPM);
– MIN RPM (Minimum RPM);
– FEATHER;
– FUEL CUT OFF.

A gate is provided at the MIN RPM position. To move the condition lever further backward, its
backstop release levers must be pulled upward. A backstop is provided in FEATHER position:
To move the condition lever further backward, the backstop release lever installed at the back of
the condition lever must be pressed forward.

Maybe there are additional controls?

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1

So I normally use p3d 4.5 (HF1 still) on my desktop and it runs great on there. So I thought I would toss it on my laptop that I take for work that runs FSX SE (i7 7700hq, 16gb ddr4, 4gb 1050ti) so I could figure out how to get the gates on the condition levers to shut the engines down while I am here at work. Well the frames are in single digits which is quite odd, as I can run the other Carenado planes just fine, along with PMDG stuff like the JS41, NGX, etc etc. Might be worth holding out if you are using fsx....Or it could be something with my computer but I am doubtful of that.

Nick Silver

Figured out how to shut down the engines. Since the the EMB120 doesn't have separate propeller and condition levers, Carenado tied both together. (The condition lever tooltip says 'prop rpm')

You have to use the key command for 'reduce prop RPM' to shut off the fuel flow.

The (red) backstop lever actually exists and the tooltips are even stating engine on and off, but this lever doesn't have any effect.

That said, with the present 'logic' it's impossible to start up and/or shut down the engine in a realistic way 😞

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

So I normally use p3d 4.5 (HF1 still) on my desktop and it runs great on there. So I thought I would toss it on my laptop that I take for work that runs FSX SE (i7 7700hq, 16gb ddr4, 4gb 1050ti) so I could figure out how to get the gates on the condition levers to shut the engines down while I am here at work. Well the frames are in single digits which is quite odd, as I can run the other Carenado planes just fine, along with PMDG stuff like the JS41, NGX, etc etc. Might be worth holding out if you are using fsx....Or it could be something with my computer but I am doubtful of that.

I've done about 90 minutes flying on the EMB120 in FSX using a mid-range desktop and generally it seems quite smooth. I don't routinely monitor frame rates if things look smooth but, on checking, the average FPS ranged from mid 20s to low 30s, the lower readings being on the ground at an addon airport and the higher readings in flight. Certainly not stellar FPS levels but a pretty smooth performance nevertheless.

Bill

No word from Carenado on this GTN 750 issue yet !!

Edited by Coqui297