Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Climb problem

Hi Guys.  I'm pretty new to flying "study level" airplanes.  I can't seem to figure this one out.  My PMDG 737's or 747's are staying at takeoff power all the way up to cruising altitude.  Even when I select reduced takeoff and reduced climbs in the perf before taking off.  I've done a lot of reading, but am obviously missing something.  Any quick pointers?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

a few quick suggestions would be, is the autothrottle and both FDs engaged? in that case and with lnav/vnav engaged your throttle should follow the prescribed power pretty much on it's own so i'd check those first. is your vertical path looking like it is supposed to in the FMC?

well, so one thing that nobody wants to hear of course is did you try flying the tutorials, but they are pretty good at hitting every step. if you have the issue with even following them exactly, it might be something with your setup. maybe check that your settings in the FMC setup menus so that your throttle isn't overriding the prescribed power if you accidentally tap it to full.

perhaps if you post a screenshot of your instruments it might be easier to point out if there is any unusual or missing settings.

good luck!

-andy crosby

yes have read thru quite a few tutorials.  I don't believe it's related to the FD's.  They are engaging just fine when I hit toga.  They also maintain the proper cruise settings.  It's a climb issue and I'm really thinking this has something todo with the preflight FMC setup.  Once the TOGA takes over I don't think my throttle works at all anymore, so doubt it's being over rode.  I will send some screenshots later.  thanks for the reply. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

11 hours ago, micstatic said:

I don't believe it's related to the FD's.  They are engaging just fine when I hit toga.  They also maintain the proper cruise settings.  It's a climb issue and I'm really thinking this has something todo with the preflight FMC setup.  

maybe check that your CLB page has reasonable settings for the rate. if you have max rate set it will probably do full thrust the whole way. maybe try to override it from econ to just 280/.76 . ....an unusually high cost index setting might have a similar effect maybe.

This was figured out over on our forum.

Short version is that the AT MANUAL OVERRIDE setting in the PMDG SETUP menu was configured to let the hardware override the software, and we all know where most people leave their hardware throttles after takeoff until about T/D.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello to all. I have a Climb problem with PMDG 747-400 v3 installed in P3Dv4.5 This is my first time in more than 10 years having a climb issue. I planned to fly from GCFV to GCXO that can be watched in the video. I know I missed something but can't find the clue. Any comments are accepted to fix the climb problem. The plane doesn't climb up the programmed Altitude of 10,000 ft. After climbing to near of the 10K ft it starts going down.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fFNpC4KOvSJG-3EdppY-YdIOercYJm-E/view?usp=sharing

Edited by trisho0
n/a

Patricio Valdes