Sign in to follow this  
Casualcas

Buy addons? Or stand pat?

4 hours ago, n4gix said:

but consider this my friends and fellow simmers...

Let's be real, truth be told here.... most flight sim developers are moon lighting second jobs on the side, it's a hobby, not their main source of income. If they make some money it's a bonus. 

46 minutes ago, Lokote1998 said:

If you don't mind commentary, This one is at 4K.

Thanks for the videos. Guess I should visit You Tube instead of relying on the MS Homepage!!

Mike

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

I will continue to build on my P3D library and whatnot until the MSFS release...until it actually is available and ready for prime time, this is just previews. I plan on supporting as many developers as possible as long as they continue to produce products I am interested in.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

4 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Prepar3d is my sim. If I see something I want I'll buy it if I think it will enhance my simming in some way.

For the time being the Oz man behind the curtain hasn't changed my plans a bit.

Lol!

Ditto!!!!

Chris Camp

My grandmother used to say. "There are two kinds of people who worry about money. Those who have to much and those who don't have enough." ( I'm sure my mother used to say it too and now so do I. Imagine that). Disposable income is the money leftover after you have taken care of all your financial obligation including what some might call the obligation to be charitable. You could say that what you do with your "disposable income" is purely a matter of self indulgence and there is no reason why one should not be very careful and discerning about that. You can buy FS addons based on the above in 2 ways. 1. The product represents value for money for you even taking into consideration that it might be obsolete in a matter of months. Or 2. As an act of charity. Personally, I wouldn't shed a tear for a business going under. I have owned several business that went under but I didn't. I had a good run at all of them. There is nothing wrong with having something to contend with. I'd be inclined to say that the FS developer world could do with a cull. I am confident no one will starve. Viva la revolución. Personally, I've been in somewhat of holding patern for about 3 or 4 years! 🤣 And I must say that from what I've seen I am very excited MSFS 2020 and am hoping to get selected for alpha testing if anyone is listening. 😍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LHookins said:

If no one is aware, A2A made the F-104 and F-4 Phantom for military training purposes and are considering releasing it to the public. 

I wonder why they would make an F-104 and F-4 for military training purposes considering they’ve both been out of service for a long time, especially the F-104? What military is going to train on those?

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

A couple of days after the hype I have realized that I'll not use MSFS in the next 3 - 5 years. This is due to several reasons.

I prefer to fly helicopters and high fidelity vintage airplanes (Milviz Beaver, Aerosoft PBY, Wing24 Vega, A2A Spitfire) and these will take time to show up in MSFS. I use old-fashioned NDB radionav and have built a special 2D panel for this purpose, with an RMI & ADF (for cross bearing) and an old Sperry autopilot. The panel will probably not work in MSFS. 

I also use pilotage and ORBX has vastly more small landmarks than MSFS. These are distinct, hand-made and hand-placed objects like churches, light houses, prominent bridges, masts, overhead power lines, wind farms etc. In MSFS only the big 'tourist' land marks (hero objects) will be hand-made. On the country side these will be missing or they will be generated in a generic way by Azure AI. Besides, optically ORBX True Earth is not far behind the terrain in MSFS, except for cities.

The above are enough reasons for me not to jump ship. MSFS has still better weather, lighting, grass and flight model. It hurts 🙂 but one has to prioritize. Regarding weather, HiFi will hurry up if they want to stay in business, and regarding the flight model it seems that A2A has some new 'exciting' version of accufeel in the works. I hope that HiFi and A2A will close the gap to MSFS somewhat. 

So P3D-addons it will be for the next years.

Edited by dilore
  • Like 2

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

Again? yes, I'll keep buying addons.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Never noticed before but replaying some Video`s you start to look at the detail and not the big picture, and you see scenery popping and this is pre-recorded edited let hope this is not what you see in sim if a 2800ti is popping ???   

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Not interested in any addons anylonger. P3D is riding a dead horse right now. 

Lukas Dalton

I used to spend a lot of money on add-ons, but I already have 4 sims installed on my PC and I cannot keep adding new ones to that list. Therefore, I have decided to get rid of P3D in the long-run and stick only to DCS, XP11 and MSFS. 

For this reason, I won´t be buying any new add-ons for P3D, while I might do so for XP11 if something really great comes along (for instance, the Rotate MD-11). With such a vibrant freeware community, I believe I can keep using XP11 for a long time with the paid content that I own and continue to enjoy that sim until MSFS takes off.

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

It's funny listening to xplane and p3d fanatics talk about how they won't be changing over lol...ya ok.

12 hours ago, shivers9 said:

Good for you Fr. Bill. It is about time some Dev's spoke up. This is all getting more silly by the day. Many newer folks do not know that the last time Dev's tried to deal with MS the reports were that the MS boys were really trying to dump on the Dev's. Just a theory but it is something to consider....by this stupid slow roll of a release where you guys get all excited every week on the same day over the promise of the "Flight Sim of the Gods" which is not a new engine as you were all excited about but a dressed up FSX/Flight in a new box. That is if they can make it work in what another 14 months with "200" developers working on it. This may be great in 2-4 years and I hope it is! That is no reason to let a marketing group lead us around by the nose.

This is a great time to be in the hobby...as far as being a "dressed up" fsx lol...that sounds like sour grapes.

Edited by Flybynumbers
  • Like 1

I stopped buying addons for P3D a long time ago because I have all I need. Can't imagine anything being released that would be a must have compared to what I have, specially not with the upcoming MSFS in mind. I don't need a new plane or scenery every month. And I personally don't believe in buying addons just to support developers...!

I have to add (for those who read my previous posts) that all this talk about MSFS and what it should have out of the box made me reinstall P3D again... Never thought that would happen LOL (The news that Deadstick won't be released this year also helped in that regard.) I really started to miss flying in weather with ATC and so on. (The fact that AFS2 is going nowhere also helped in that regard.)

Edited by Reader

7 minutes ago, Flybynumbers said:

It's funny listening to xplane and p3d fanatics talk about how they won't be changing over lol...ya ok.

It has nothing to do with "if we will buy it". It is more about when it will be avail. and if it lives up to the hype. Speaking for some of the "xpain and p3d fanatics" we do enjoy being funny for you. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

29 minutes ago, Flybynumbers said:

This is a great time to be in the hobby...as far as being a "dressed up" fsx lol...that sounds like sour grapes.

You should read some posts over at the xplane org. Will find some absolutely hilarious stuff.

• Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive