Sign in to follow this  
glider1

CropdusterX not working out of box

Hi Lorby

I just bought CropdusterX and installed it into P3D 4.5 HF2.

I loaded a flight out of NZGC in ORBX new zealand south island which does cropdusting in real world.

I connected etc etc.

When I fly over the random dry field there (within 100 feet as indicated in the Cropduster app) there are no pole markers, no green overlay no plants nothing there.

The app registers my position etc

I tried settings like "disable surface checks", "show green overlay"

There is nothing in the P3D addon menu for CropdusterX

There are also no simobjects in the addon folder.

In the addon folder all I see is:

C:\Users\Harry\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Lorby-SI CropDusterX_P3D_V4
Doc (folder)
Sound (folder)
CropdusterX.....exe
led_counter....ttf
Lockheed......Simconnect.dll
Uninstall_cropdusterx.exe

When I tried to define a custom field by slewing, the app froze and so did P3D.

So I guess first step is to ask, where are the simobjects located? The database in the app thinks they exist.

Help would be appreciated.

Cheers

(PS, there was no log file in C:\Users\Harry\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Lorby-SI CropDusterX_P3D_V4\doc

Edited by glider1

Hi,

The SimObjects are added to the simulator with the addon package "\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Lorby-SI Content". Make sure that "Lorby-SI Content" is active on the Options->Add-ons dialog in Prepar3D.

When they are there, then on the first page of the CDX Settings activate "Show 3D crops" and "Show marker poles".

When in doubt, please send me an email, address is on the last page of the manual.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

On 10/6/2019 at 6:19 PM, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

The SimObjects are added to the simulator with the addon package "\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Lorby-SI Content". Make sure that "Lorby-SI Content" is active on the Options->Add-ons dialog in Prepar3D.

When they are there, then on the first page of the CDX Settings activate "Show 3D crops" and "Show marker poles".

When in doubt, please send me an email, address is on the last page of the manual.

Best regards

Thanks Lorby for the excellent support sorting this problem out for me really quick via email.

The fields now contour with the Orbx terrain with the "disable surface checks" option. It is working now with Orbx scenery in NZ south and I'm looking forward to having some fun with this great app.

Pity that Orbx didn't adhere to the P3D standard for terrain creation which is what caused this problem in the first place.

Cheers and thanks again