Sign in to follow this  
byork

1.3 Status Update

Captains,

Just to update you all on the status of the 1.3 update.

The update is looking good.  Issues with the PMDG 747/777 are solved as are most other issues.  We've also added a couple feature requests.

However, a couple guys still said they experienced a stutter on landing. Some of these guys mind you have over 800 scenery layers so that's obviously a factor.

Most of the other testers however experienced no stutter on landing with 1.3.

Once we deal with this odd stutter issue on landing, we'll release 1.3.

Cheers,

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I've also experienced stutters when coming in to land. I had no idea it was attributed to UCGX, i just thought it was some bad addon scenery. I only have around 150 scenery layers. Its happened with both the pmdg 747 and the fslabs Airbus.

Edited by james42
Spelling error

2 hours ago, james42 said:

I've also experienced stutters when coming in to land. I had no idea it was attributed to UCGX, i just thought it was some bad addon scenery. I only have around 150 scenery layers. Its happened with both the pmdg 747 and the fslabs Airbus.

try this ... will help till the fix is out .... it did for me.

Open this file with notepad:

C:\Users\***your user name****\AppData\Roaming\Ultimate Ground Crew X\Ultimate Ground Crew X.ini

Change the 0 to a 4.

BGLFileSizeLimit=0
to this:
BGLFileSizeLimit=4
When it's set to 0, UGCX will scan all scenery regardless of file size.
When it's set to 4 (or any other number), it will only scan for files less than that number, in this case, 4MB.
4 is a good number to skip terrain but keep the AFCADs within the search parameters.
But if you ever find your 3rd party airport is not detected, set it back to 0.

ugcx_banner.png

Another tip for improve performace is to ensure that the "LogScenRdrDetails" parameter in the UGCX.INI is set to "0" (zero). That parameter is used only for make a diagnostic or to see any issue when reading a scenery area, so it's better to turn it off, during normal operation of the module. Also it will make your LOG file smaller.

Cheers,

Manuel

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Thanks for the help guys. I've uninstalled UCGX for the time being as we wait for the new version to be released. Will report back if the issue persists.

@byork Ticket "7PY-S4H-XH73". Could I have the very last 1.3 where there is no stutter upon landing or should I raise another ticket ? Manuel said that I have the wrong 1.3 apparently 😄