Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

SLC - Self Loading Cargo - anyone tried it?

I have it. It’s not bad software. Well designed, pretty and the author is hot with developing it and quick to fix mistakes. I think it’s a solo operation. I’m not sure if the name actually represents what it is, but it mimics passenger airline operations. I think of it as the Sims of the sky. You have passengers and some of them get scared when you fly too aggressive, they get hungry so you need to feed them, and they get bored so you need to entertain them. Similar to FS Passenger and FS Captain but a tad bit simpler. If you have the money, go for it and support the developer. If you are tight with money, might want to do some research as there are others (FS Captain and PACX). 

Hello there,

Author here - yes, Self-Loading Cargo is still being actively developed and I appreciate the kind words ... I'm always open to suggestions and ideas. The development road map is already in place, but it is fantastic to have more opinions / debates over things that are possible, things that aren't needed etc.

My aim is to simulate the "feel" of a flight with passengers onboard the aircraft. I'm a simmer myself and am very (very) familiar with the monotony of a long, empty cruise - my goal with SLC is to bridge that gap and bring a little more immersion to the simulator. Being entrusted to deliver those in the back safely and comfortably, it's important that they feel nice after a flight :)

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Self-Loading Cargo - Real-time Cabin Crew and Passenger Simulator for MSFS, X-Plane, P3D and MSFS.

Hi Steve,

glad to hear (again) from you!
We discussed this via email, and you know my opinion, which i think lot of other simmers would agree. 
I hope that SLC will point more towards a PILOT oriented analisys, on how good or bad we actually fly, and not only the crew aspect.

@kowen you that you got SLC, for example, can you tell me what happens if you don't use the lights in a proper way? Or if you open the doors while airborne? Or if you don't respect speed limits about taxing, or about altitudes... How does it work the flight scoring system, if there is one?

Ok, all this might not be the purpose of SLC. But it's just what i need and i hope since years.

Hi Alberto,

Yes - I know that FSPassengers used to do that type of thing but I get the impression that a lot of people didn't enjoy it because some airline's SOP allowed them to perform actions that FSPassengers penalised them for.

I suppose it would be possible to allow different configurations though.

I do have this functionality "on hold" at the moment, I will add some notes to it and have a good think about the best way to allow enabling pilot performance as a factor in the flight.

Edited by woodss

Self-Loading Cargo - Real-time Cabin Crew and Passenger Simulator for MSFS, X-Plane, P3D and MSFS.

Actually SLC does penalise on bad flying (excess bank / pitch / gforce etc) and each passenger gets affected in their own way based on their individual anxiousness / nervousness etc. It just does not currently penalise based on things like landing lights not being turned on (primarily because the passengers don't care about that anyway).

I have it too, like it very much and it does exactly, what I want. I am not interested in being monitored regarding lights and whatsoever, this does FS2Crew for me. There are human beings behind the cockpit and they act as individuals. I made several flights (using a second computer and WideFS - which works perfect) and ... Steve ... had on my last flight a cabin crew with a "drunk" percentage of 16%, 19% and 23%. All passengers were very happy during this flight. 

Kurt

I like this program a lot.
There's already ratings based on pilot performance of taxi speed, cornering, landing rate, roll and pitch rates. I don't need any more variables to criticise my flying, thanks!! 😁

Abort a take-off and create a delay? Pax satisfaction drops.
Forget to turn-off the seat belt sign? Pax unhappy about toilets unavailable.
Turn on the IFE? Pax aren't as bored, pax satisfaction increases.

Three things that need fixing for me, @woodss:

• The touchdown rate is still showing about 100fpm higher than the altitude trend line on the PFD and than external programs such as FS RAAS and Landing Rate Monitor.
  • The TTS text file announcements don't always play for me, especially the captain's messages.
  • The TTS voices in settings are limited to 14 sets in the dropdown lists. I have downloaded more voice Microsoft voice sets to give me wider variation, but can't select them.

Can these be looked into, please?

FS2Crew's, Aerosoft's and QualityWings' checklists take care of the flight deck environment, Self-Loading Cargo takes care of what's behind the cockpit door and makes my flying a lot more interactive.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

ITU6800:

Haha yes - the crew are not subject to "sanitised" simulation yet - they are there now because I'm progressively releasing the software as it's built - the functionality will improve in new versions over the coming days / weeks / months. I did fix the issue with 2yr olds being drunk - I blame the parents 🙂

F737NG:

I was having a discussion about the landing rates with members of the Discord server - we feel that maybe landing rates should be handled by those tools which are specifically written for that purpose, and that SLC should use more of a "feeling" measurement (pax would not know the actual rating after all). i.e. "great landing" "a bit hard!" etc instead of -155ft/min ... what would your thoughts on that be? A strawpoll resulted in a slight skew towards the landing rate being left alone but my gut tells me that I should display the "feeling" instead.

I will take note of those TTS issues - might I ask you to send me an email (its on the website) telling me some details such as aircraft / simulator / etc and exactly what happened? I'm using TTS on most of my flights and its working great but I'm happy to take a look for you, no problem.

• Like 2

Very impressed by the look of this product. Can i add in my own voicepack? Have my own flight attendant and would love to use your addon in my video series

youtube id Dkentflyer

Edited by Dazkent
adding link

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

8 hours ago, woodss said:

Author here

I sent a mail to the dev (woodss?), but never got answerd. Will try it here and hope to get feedback hopefully:

I'm generall interested in SLC, and my question is, if a interaction with GSX is planned or possible? In the way, that SLC detects, when boarding has ended, pushback started etc. and will then play sounds accordingly?

Is SLC interacting correctly with all mayor addons (PMDG, MJC Dash8, FSLabs etc)? I mean, detect doors, signs or lights correctly?
If not, maybe I could provide help as I develop the most modules for LINDA (hope you know LINDA) and I could add a bunch of variables I have gathered maybe?!

many thanks for answering

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guenseli ... I thought we had spoken via email? If not, my apologies but for sure I will answer here:

A few people are asking if integration with GSX is possible - I do not honestly know. What I do know is that I need to deliver on the "early access" features before I start adding much more new things and I have a development roadmap in place.

I have to assume that not everyone owns GSX and so it needs to work without - if the workaround for now is that SLC needs to be operated alongside GSX then I see no real hardship. 

Having said that, I am absolutely interested in building integrations - once it is all constructed. I myself own GSX so will be happy to attempt an integration if I can because it is something that makes a lot of sense to do.

Regarding compatibility with major addons - this is a slight point of contention. SLC does not talk to the addons directly- it talks to FSUIPC/SimConnect/XPUIPC to read simulator data. If 3rd party aircraft do not update the data within the sim, then FSUIPC will not read it and subsequently neither will SLC. Most addons I have tried work - but some, such as the FSLabs A320 do not update datarefs like landing lights .. so I have had to program a workaround. In this case, the workaround was pressing the seatbelt sign ON-OFF-ON on the SLC GUI to enter the Takeoff phase and notify the cabin crew to take seats - this happens automatically with other aircraft.

What I can say is that I am constantly working to improve it based on user feedback, while further developing the functionality of the app - it's all anyone can do really within the confines of what we have.

@Dazkentyes you can easily add your own sound packs just by providing files with the same name in another folder within "/soundpacks"  you do not need all files, just the ones you want to use and SLC will revert to "Default" ones for the ones which are missing. It's quite flexible in that regard.

2 hours ago, woodss said:

I was having a discussion about the landing rates with members of the Discord server - we feel that maybe landing rates should be handled by those tools which are specifically written for that purpose, and that SLC should use more of a "feeling" measurement (pax would not know the actual rating after all). i.e. "great landing" "a bit hard!" etc instead of -155ft/min ... what would your thoughts on that be? A strawpoll resulted in a slight skew towards the landing rate being left alone but my gut tells me that I should display the "feeling" instead..

Some people may not have another method of landing rate measurement to use, plus if you use the same methodology to derive a passenger feeling based on the same landing rate, half of my landings
will still be considered hard by SLC.

I don't mind either way. Maybe make it another settings option between landing rate and 'feeling'.
Those who chose 'pax feeling' can get a round of applause sound file play for a perfect landing, shrieks for a hard landing and a crash / breaking glass sound effect for a 'fatal' landing rate? 😆

It would be nice to have SLC and GSX have the same number of passengers board at the same rate. I'm having to load smaller numbers of pax in SLC so that GSX isn't beeping at me to get a move on and push back whilst SLC is boarding.
One for after the full release of the program though.

I will email you later regarding TTS.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Well - if GSX finishes earlier you already have the option of simply right-clicking the boarding button on SLC to "instantly" complete it, same with deboarding.