Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

SLC - Self Loading Cargo - anyone tried it?

11 hours ago, guenseli said:

Is SLC interacting correctly with all mayor addons (PMDG, MJC Dash8, FSLabs etc)? I mean, detect doors, signs or lights correctly?
If not, maybe I could provide help as I develop the most modules for LINDA (hope you know LINDA) and I could add a bunch of variables I have gathered maybe?!

10 hours ago, FPVSteve said:

Regarding compatibility with major addons - this is a slight point of contention. SLC does not talk to the addons directly- it talks to FSUIPC/SimConnect/XPUIPC to read simulator data. If 3rd party aircraft do not update the data within the sim, then FSUIPC will not read it and subsequently neither will SLC. Most addons I have tried work - but some, such as the FSLabs A320 do not update datarefs like landing lights .. so I have had to program a workaround. In this case, the workaround was pressing the seatbelt sign ON-OFF-ON on the SLC GUI to enter the Takeoff phase and notify the cabin crew to take seats - this happens automatically with other aircraft.

It would be great if you could work together to make SLC detect doors and seatbelt signs on complex add-on aircraft like the FSL.

I already thought the other day: I can control the FSL seatbelts via LINDA, can't SLC somehow interact with LINDA to detect it? 😉

Would be highly appreciated!

Thanks to both of you for your contribution!

Edited by RALF9636

I can highly recommend this add-on.

It is very actively developed right now and the developer is very open to and quick with implementing feature suggestions by users.

But be aware that it is "early access", so expect some bugs and many ongoing changes. Having said that, it is already fully usable.

1 minute ago, RALF9636 said:

can't SLC somehow interact with LINDA to detect it?

Think that would make it more complicated if you need then also LINDA for it.

But as I said above, if the dev is interested, I could provide the offsets or variables he needs to let SLC check when and which state or signal is set. Same is easily possible with GSX.

To be honest: there's only a handful of airplanes which are really good (PMDG, A2A, Majestic, FSLabs, Maddog) and would be flown from everybody. So it shouldn't be too difficult to implment their variables.

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 minutes ago, guenseli said:

But as I said above, if the dev is interested, I could provide the offsets or variables he needs to let SLC check when and which state or signal is set. Same is easily possible with GSX.

To be honest: there's only a handful of airplanes which are really good (PMDG, A2A, Majestic, FSLabs, Maddog) and would be flown from everybody. So it shouldn't be too difficult to implment their variables.

Steve, please go ahead. 😉

There would be a super simple fix for fslabs seatbelts. 

Just adding a small gauge in the panel.cfg that checks the A:SEATBELTS variable and assign it to an L:var that SLC can read. 

May work? 

2 hours ago, FPVSteve said:

does GSX expose the number of passengers it is boarding onto an aircraft?

From the GSX manual:

Interfacing with the Passengers simulation

L:FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS

This variable can be set from a gauge code, and GSX will use it in place of its own calculation, to set the correct number of passengers to match the airplane.

L:FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS_BOARDING

L:FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS_DEBOARDING

The airplane code can read these two variables to stay in sync with the GSX boarding/ deboarding process and update their own internal status.

So, yes, you could it control in both ways: read the number or set a number.

Guenter Steiner

And there are several other variables, where you could easily check the GSX status to start SLC, e.g. after or during Pushback

Guenter Steiner

20 hours ago, FPVSteve said:

@Dazkentyes you can easily add your own sound packs just by providing files with the same name in another folder within "/soundpacks"  you do not need all files, just the ones you want to use and SLC will revert to "Default" ones for the ones which are missing. It's quite flexible in that regard.

Sounds perfect for my needs, am i able to install onto both of my computers  ( one FSX boxed, one steam edition)

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Yeah, Im using it now... Very Similar to FS Passengers but a better model i feel.  This is always under Development and i saw yesterday there should be a update this month ( MARCH 2020) which looks to have a lot of cool additions and bugs fixed. 

I downloaded a new Voice pack which replaces the safety brief , But still that annoying cabin crew voice during key points on the flight that sounds like an 8 year old.. Would love to change that!!!

Early development, but nothing else is out there...  Keen For SIMAIR ( REX) but looks like its dead... 

8/10

11 minutes ago, captqantas said:

Keen For SIMAIR ( REX) but looks like its dead... 

SIMAIR has been wiped off the face of the earth by REX. You wouldn't even know what SIMAIR was if you just begun simming in the last 6 months 

On 10/7/2019 at 9:15 PM, FPVSteve said:

Landing lights?, switched on and of when appropriate but still get penalized for not turning off/on, so when am I supposed to do these actions? Great program by the way.

Should have posted here!!. Landing lights?, switched on and of when appropriate but still get penalized for not turning off/on, so when am I supposed to do these actions? Great program by the way.

SLC is a wonderful piece of software! I use it and I love it!.

@FPVSteve is also a wonderful developer, fully supportive and very helpful. If anyone is thinking about getting this add-on. just stop thinking about it and get it! you will not regret it.

Regards,
Simbol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1