Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

SLC - Self Loading Cargo - anyone tried it?

For those of you  who are frustrated by SLC you may want to look at at Lukeairtool. It has a lot of great features and is, at least currently, very actively being developed. Oh and it's free.

On 2/6/2022 at 12:59 PM, Flyinggok said:

Stop posting word not allowed if you don't know the truth.

Everybody can check the SLC Discord channel in Work in Progress. There are recent posts and the last one with the final steps for 1.6 was updated recently.

1.6 is beeing in dev and it will be a huge updatem including voice interaction with cabin and so on....

Well, if you know the "truth", please share with us because its been a year of promises (next week) and nothing but all discord communications cut off. The truth is we all lost money on this.

Good morning everyone.

I am the developer of Self-Loading Cargo and this thread was brought to my attention by someone via email (thank you to that person 🙂 ).

I don't normally get involved in forum discussions (because it never ends well!) but I just wanted to publicly state that, despite "information" to the contrary from uninformed parties, SLC is very much alive and kicking and is in-fact my sole focus at the moment. I am anxious to get it released not only because I believe people will really enjoy it, but because I'm acutely aware of its delay and the fact that people think I am "full of it" - I get it. I've not communicated well and the delay on this release is something I did not envisage at all - I can only apologise for that, it has been fairly overwhelming to be honest. But rather than continue to apologise and make excuses I decided I simply needed to get my head down and do the work to fix the situation - which brings us onto the Discord server.

My reason for putting Discord into read-only mode for the time being was because it became apparent that no matter what information I did put out, there were still a hard core of the membership for whom that wasn't enough and seemed determined to post either misinformation or argue with me. It became a massive timesink which, not unironically, started to have even more of an affect on the slipping timescale that the same people were complaining about.

So, I believe it was the correct call to put it "on hold" as it were - Since then I have been working on SLC flat out without distraction and am happy to inform you that it is much closer to release. When that happens, Discord will also be opened back up and it can become a useful tool for support again. 

Why no more videos or website updates etc? Well it takes quite a bit of time to produce and edit those - this takes away from the goal of actually releasing the software which I'm sure  everyone would much prefer! It's a lose-lose situation which I totally understand, but since I have to choose a path I'd rather put out the release sooner than put out more promises and extend the timeframe further - so that is what I am doing.

Does that make sense?

I do want to correct one thing that was said above though - I have *never* banned anyone from the Discord and "stolen their account", that's ridiculous. I have however banned a few people for constantly causing trouble (and they were asked very nicely multiple times to stop beforehand), and I have removed one customer (*and provided a full refund of their purchase*) because their attitude was disgusting, abusive and they were out of line. I'm not obliged to provide any kind of service to anyone like that and it was dealt with appropriately. Anyone who does get banned from Discord is still free to email me though, they're not cut off from support.

I would also like to point out that some of the people who were banned had their ban revoked straight away after a frank, adult conversation - I'm not a monster and I do understand people get a little hot under the collar at times - we're all human 🙂 But there is a point where it gets too much and sometimes it's best for involved parties to simply cool off.

So, this has turned into a little ramble - I'll end it here with thanks. Not only for your support with SLC but for your patience. I'm on it, I understand your concerns about the delay and I am working to put it right which is all I can do. However, I know I won't get out of this thread alive without providing a date for its release. So *sucks air through teeth* ... I will be very disappointed if people aren't able to use SLC v1.6 on their #CTP22W flights which, by my reckoning give me less than four weeks. I am on it.

• Like 7

On 3/3/2022 at 10:33 AM, FPVSteve said:

Good morning everyone.

I am the developer of Self-Loading Cargo and this thread was brought to my attention by someone via email (thank you to that person 🙂 ).

I don't normally get involved in forum discussions (because it never ends well!) but I just wanted to publicly state that, despite "information" to the contrary from uninformed parties, SLC is very much alive and kicking and is in-fact my sole focus at the moment. I am anxious to get it released not only because I believe people will really enjoy it, but because I'm acutely aware of its delay and the fact that people think I am "full of it" - I get it. I've not communicated well and the delay on this release is something I did not envisage at all - I can only apologise for that, it has been fairly overwhelming to be honest. But rather than continue to apologise and make excuses I decided I simply needed to get my head down and do the work to fix the situation - which brings us onto the Discord server.

My reason for putting Discord into read-only mode for the time being was because it became apparent that no matter what information I did put out, there were still a hard core of the membership for whom that wasn't enough and seemed determined to post either misinformation or argue with me. It became a massive timesink which, not unironically, started to have even more of an affect on the slipping timescale that the same people were complaining about.

So, I believe it was the correct call to put it "on hold" as it were - Since then I have been working on SLC flat out without distraction and am happy to inform you that it is much closer to release. When that happens, Discord will also be opened back up and it can become a useful tool for support again. 

Why no more videos or website updates etc? Well it takes quite a bit of time to produce and edit those - this takes away from the goal of actually releasing the software which I'm sure  everyone would much prefer! It's a lose-lose situation which I totally understand, but since I have to choose a path I'd rather put out the release sooner than put out more promises and extend the timeframe further - so that is what I am doing.

Does that make sense?

I do want to correct one thing that was said above though - I have *never* banned anyone from the Discord and "stolen their account", that's ridiculous. I have however banned a few people for constantly causing trouble (and they were asked very nicely multiple times to stop beforehand), and I have removed one customer (*and provided a full refund of their purchase*) because their attitude was disgusting, abusive and they were out of line. I'm not obliged to provide any kind of service to anyone like that and it was dealt with appropriately. Anyone who does get banned from Discord is still free to email me though, they're not cut off from support.

I would also like to point out that some of the people who were banned had their ban revoked straight away after a frank, adult conversation - I'm not a monster and I do understand people get a little hot under the collar at times - we're all human 🙂 But there is a point where it gets too much and sometimes it's best for involved parties to simply cool off.

So, this has turned into a little ramble - I'll end it here with thanks. Not only for your support with SLC but for your patience. I'm on it, I understand your concerns about the delay and I am working to put it right which is all I can do. However, I know I won't get out of this thread alive without providing a date for its release. So *sucks air through teeth* ... I will be very disappointed if people aren't able to use SLC v1.6 on their #CTP22W flights which, by my reckoning give me less than four weeks. I am on it.

Cross the pond is tomorrow, SLC is still on V1.55. Promise not kept - as always on this program.

18 minutes ago, simbol said:

Steve is a great developer, people need to learn to be patience, writing good software takes time..

S.

Yes, no doubt, but if you constantly promise an update for over a year, you disappoint the customers and you loose credibility. The last update has been in August 2020 and since then, we have been promised V1.6, but this has never occured.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:33 PM, FPVSteve said:

Good morning everyone.

Sorry Steve, whilst its always refreshing to see somebody take responsibility for their actions (in this instance over promising and under delivering) credibility is a tough thing to regain.

44 minutes ago, simbol said:

Steve is a great developer, people need to learn to be patience, writing good software takes time..

S.

With respect @simbol this is not an issue of patience - please don't lecture us. The issue is Steve repeatedly made claims about release dates and then missed them. For over a year. Its not the customers who are the issue in this instance. 

• Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

18 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

please don't lecture us

Common I am not doing that.. I am saying things can take time.. we don't know the circumstances behind these delays..

This is what happens when we give people deadlines.. one of the reasons I never tell customers any information about dates... things are released when ready.

in passing I am a customer of SLC..

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, simbol said:

S.

As always, nothing but stupid chatter from Steve - I'm getting tired of these pranks !! Nobody really can program that slowly!? Why doesn't the developer just admit that he's no longer interested in it and/or he can't or doesn't want to invest any time...
This is really customer scam
sorry, I'm really angry...

• Like 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

3 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

As always, nothing but stupid chatter from Steve - I'm getting tired of these pranks !! Nobody really can program that slowly!? Why doesn't the developer just admit that he's no longer interested in it and/or he can't or doesn't want to invest any time...

+1 

The time the new version is in development now and the changes and new stuff what was seen is add, I think this will not be a 1.6 anymor,e better it will be a SLC 2.0 version.
At first I was also very patient but now when you think it's been 2 years since there was an update (just realiized that o.O ) I find it a bit strange and sad too.

I can only speculate but I think Steve kept adding more and more to his "1.6 todo" list. It would be better to release smaller updates during the year. 😞

I really hope we will see the update this weekend. 😞

6 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

Nobody really can program that slowly!?

To say it in austrian words: "Scheiss di ned aun " 😆

Edited by Flyinggok

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

On 4/1/2022 at 2:33 PM, ggerolamo said:

+1
I have been heavily disappointed by this addon and it's lack of progress for almost two years as opposed to continous promises by the dev. Ive written it off as a loss, and can only advise: Don't buy it.

• Like 4

On 4/2/2022 at 4:13 PM, Fiorentoni said:

Don't buy it.

+1

• Like 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

I wonder how long it will be before Steve closes this forum site because he can't take criticism. After all, that's why he closed Discord, and when he noticed that the same questions were being asked in the comments on Youtube (oh, wonder), he closed that too.
I look once very deep into the fortune-telling ball and name the date of the blocking of this forum page: after this comment. And another date was given to me by this when the update 1.6 comes: 31 December 9999

• Like 1

For those that are looking a replacement for SLC give LukeAirTool a go.

Its freeware and from my quick play around this afternoon is superior to SLC in every aspect I care about, particularly audio/announcements. It streams audio from the internet and has hundreds of airlines available, all with customized announcements. No idea how the developer did it, but it looks fantastic! No messing around with setting up audio packs - just select your airline and you've got accurate and authentic audio tailored to that particular airline. 

I'm only just starting to explore it but so far its looking way better than the SLC

• Like 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs