vonmar

FlyJSim732 Rainman Package

Patch 3.1908.1135a Rainman Package FlyJSim 727 Series Professional V3

I have Rainmaker enabled in the FJSim732 Options menu
using ActiveSky for Xplane

Win10

Xplane 11.36r2
KORD now (rainy day)
But no raindrops appearing on the cockpit glass.

Anyone else having this problem?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

This is not the right place for this.

Have you installed the free Librain package into the aircraft plugins folder.

HEre

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

This is not the right place for this.

Have you installed the free Librain package into the aircraft plugins folder.

HEre

I posted in the FJS forum several days ago.

No reply.

I have :

D:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\_FJS_732_TwinJet_Pro_V3.2\plugins\librain.plugin

Best Regards,

If you are using VR it doesnt work, The Librain package apparently isnt designed for VR, it does work in 3d VC. That is in the rainman package discussion, it also may be your weather engine, time to email them, that is always the best way, The forums are normally for discussion about issues it is not a "support" forum as such. Few are.

33 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

If you are using VR it doesnt work, The Librain package apparently isnt designed for VR, it does work in 3d VC. That is in the rainman package discussion, it also may be your weather engine, time to email them, that is always the best way, The forums are normally for discussion about issues it is not a "support" forum as such. Few are.

I do not use VR.

I use VC cockpit.

Why would I need to contact ActiveSky? I would think many pilots use ActiveSky for XP11.

I have not tested my FSGRW yet.

I also use SkyMax Pro and Real weather connector.

You mentioned:

"The forums are normally for discussion about issues it is not a "support" forum as such. Few are."

In this forum I did not ask for "support".

I asked if other pilots had the same problem (that I mentioned in my initial post).

And, why the lecture on your view of forums posting guidelines?

Best Regards,

15 hours ago, vonmar said:

Yes I know.

No reply.

Ah well, you should have mentioned that.

Maybe try a reinstallation?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

5 hours ago, vonmar said:

Hi,

I was actually away preparing/attending Flight Sim Show. So not much of the forums was checked last week.

1. With respect to some advice given... you do not need to make any installation of librain

2. I need more data to assess your situation. Log? Reported conditions, with screenshots of the sim and what Activesky has set X-Plane weather to.

3. Ultimately... we don't really do anything to block rain spawning... and has worked rather nicely for a number of customers. I would suggest that

a) You have the right conditions for rain to spawn in [fair amount of precipitation, cummulus clouds, rain dataref is outputting correctly]

b) Make sure there are no other conflictions e.g. multiple instances of librain running

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

Ah well, you should have mentioned that.

Maybe try a reinstallation?

There was no need for me to make a comment about the Official forum.

What exactly of what I mentioned in my original post would you recommend I re-install?

Best Regards,

3 minutes ago, DeltaWho said:

Hi,

I was actually away preparing/attending Flight Sim Show. So not much of the forums was checked last week.

1. With respect to some advice given... you do not need to make any installation of librain

2. I need more data to assess your situation. Log? Reported conditions, with screenshots of the sim and what Activesky has set X-Plane weather to.

3. Ultimately... we don't really do anything to block rain spawning... and has worked rather nicely for a number of customers. I would suggest that

a) You have the right conditions for rain to spawn in [fair amount of precipitation, cummulus clouds, rain dataref is outputting correctly]

b) Make sure there are no other conflictions e.g. multiple instances of librain running

Thanks for the follow up and items to check in my setup.

In this forum I  only was asking if other pilots were having a problem with Rainmaker.

Note: I had rain but no raindrops appearing on the cockpit glass.

Best Regards,

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Thanks for the follow up and items to check in my setup.

In this forum I  only was asking if other pilots were having a problem with Rainmaker.

Note: I had rain but no raindrops appearing on the cockpit glass.

No worries. Librain not showing rain is an issue not just limited to the FlyJSim aircraft. This is why it's not really sufficient to just "look" at the conditions. Rather ensure that in your X-Plane settings/flight configuration and datarefs to make sure your weather engine is outputting the correct settings. Also providing a log.

I also noted you had 3 weather programs? I highly recommend that you only run 1 at a time.

Edited by DeltaWho

9 minutes ago, DeltaWho said:

No worries. Librain not showing rain is an issue not just limited to the FlyJSim aircraft. This is why it's not really sufficient to just "look" at the conditions. Rather ensure that in your X-Plane settings/flight configuration and datarefs to make sure your weather engine is outputting the correct settings. Also providing a log.

I also noted you had 3 weather programs? I highly recommend that you only run 1 at a time.

Thanks for the additional follow up.

Note:

I really enjoy the flying the FlyJSim 727 Series Professional V3 (and the original product before purchasing the my V3 Upgrade) with or without rain.

Best Regards,

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Thanks for the additional follow up.

I really enjoy the flying the FlyJSim 727 Series Professional V3 (and the original product before purchasing the my V3 Upgrade) with or without rain.

No worries. Glad you're enjoying it 🙂

22 hours ago, vonmar said:

What exactly of what I mentioned in my original post would you recommend I re-install?

The 732.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days