Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

New Season Manager from Simelite

We are proud to announce that our brand new SimElite Solutions Season Manager product is out. After months of hard work, now you can enjoy new solution that helps you add more reality to your flight simulator world!

SimElite Solutions Season Manager is a tool designed to help you improve your flight simulator Seasons in three different ways:
1- Use world's real Seasons with LIVE mode.
2- Create your own customized Season with Manual Mode.
3- Use other users created Seasons with Favorite Mode

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

oh god i looked at their website.....too much to setup....i don't want another LIVE SERVICE with passwords, logins, etc. etc.  Getting too tired of all these addons that will probably break on the next little Hotfix😂👍

• Like 1

Just one part of the news. Here is the rest:

"From the first day we started this work we never thought about earning money. We started to create good products and services for flight simulator lovers and helped them enjoy flight simulator world better than before. Because running a company to create new products and provide appropriate support has its own costs we made a decision to cover our expenses in a way our customers pay the least amount of money and take the most advantage of it.

Here is how this new subscription method works: Instead of creating different products and selling them separately with different prices to our customers and get further payments for new versions (what other companies usually do), we decided to start a new special subscription method. In this method anyone pays a very little subscription fee for example $2 (a coffee price!) per month in a 12 months subscription plan (all plans are available in our store) and with a valid subscription plan, all current and future products will be available to use with no extra fees!"

However, the Timezone Fixer stays free of charge:

"Note: Time Zone Fixer , Time Zone Fixer Automatic Update and Time Zone Checking Tool will be available like before (they don't need this new subscription) but all other products and services we already have and those we introduce in the future will be covered by this subscription method."

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll definitely be trying this out. The default seasonal textures and trees were way out of sync in my region. At least by two months.

I don't understand what the live mode does. Does it just adjust the season automatically based by the date or does it have some actual real world information about when trees change color and snow is covering the ground in specific region? Latter seems rather far fetched.

I'm interested in how well this works. It can be very strange to see fall all of a sudden pop up one day in certain areas. There can also be some inconsistencies with hard winter causing some strange blocks of snow/no snow. The price is a little steep though considering it's an annual subscription.

OK. The idea is good. In my opinion the way it has to be setup is not my thing. I wuold like to fly in a most realistic environment. And yes, seasons are "to hard date related" in my eyes too. But install a further addon, go through 10 - 20 steps to setup is way too much.

I would not want to use it. But I understand it is a interesting addon, just not "light" enough for me to use.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

OK. The idea is good. In my opinion the way it has to be setup is not my thing. I wuold like to fly in a most realistic environment. And yes, seasons are "to hard date related" in my eyes too. But install a further addon, go through 10 - 20 steps to setup is way too much.

I would not want to use it. But I understand it is a interesting addon, just not "light" enough for me to use.

20 steps ? really ? I just run it, click apply, then to the taskbar, only 3 easy steps

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

20 steps ? really ? I just run it, click apply, then to the taskbar, only 3 easy steps

Probably I missread/Missinterpretated something wrong from their webiste.

With your "3 Step" way, what change does that "apply" to the Sims is normal state?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Probably I missread/Missinterpretated something wrong from their webiste.

With your "3 Step" way, what change does that "apply" to the Sims is normal state?

There is a few steps when setting up for the first time, like setting your P3D dir etc. Once you do that, you have 3 modes to choose from, "Live" or Manual or Public sharing mode, then click apply. I have only tried it once, so cannot give an honest answer if it is a keeper. Maybe not, if I see snow on the ground in the Bahama's lol

I don't understand if by using the season manager you download a scenery file that you install in your simulator, or whether the seasons are updated "on the fly" while being connected to the internet when you use the live mode?

Looks interesting.  If it can apply seasons based on the date in the sim, and not just the current actual date, then I'll be a buyer.

I sent an e-mail to Simelite asking this question.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Just installed this app and sure enough the scenery at my home base KIND reflects what I see out the window. Green. Here the leaves have yet to change from green to autumn colors. By default in P3D since the first of September the colors changed to autumn. Both the terrain textures and trees.
I then selected a different airport to North Dakota (higher latitude). The autumn season colors were in place.
2019 Fall Foliage Map

Installing is a breeze. Download the Season Manager app. In the Zip file extract the Season Manger folder. Run Season Manager.exe. Log in to your Sim Elite account. Set your sim folder location. Select LIVE mode. The app will create 2 Season Manager folders on first run and download the necessary files, and add them to the scenery library. That's all. From what I can tell the app will not alter any P3D folders or files.

Another excellent app from SimElite Solutions.

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 2

Sounds good. Does the manager have to be run only once?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else