Sign in to follow this  
tronied

So.... someone has to suggest it

I've had some mild interest in Outerra over the years and followed it's progress from time to time.  This new video was quite amazing - hope that the FS 2020 looks very similar or even better... 

BTW, I never understood the "mission" statement" of Outerra:  It seems to be a game or app without a real purpose (other than producing very realistic scenery)  Without a stated and relatable goal for gamers and others, I think it will never garner interest in any large numbers...   

• Upvote 1

It would be 10 times the immersion if flight simulation and car simulation could be mixed together. 

Say you are flying in the sky, and you see some cars chasing each other, and you know those cars are driven by real people...

Gumball rally? Do any driving games so far take place over long distances with authentic scenery. Paris Dakar?

I agree, i think this will morph into more than a flight simulator. You could synchronise a flight to observe a real time rally.

Edited by Spit40

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

1 minute ago, Spit40 said:

Gumball rally? Do any driving games so far take place over long distances with authentic scenery. Paris Dakar?

I agree, i think this will morph into more than a flight simulator.

Euro Truck Simulation?

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Yeah! I dream of being a ship's Captain directing my bridge crew from NYC to Bermuda on one of Princess Line's mammoth cruise ships!

Or a large passenger liner from San Francisco to Hawaii and then on to Tokyo for a thirteen day trans-Pacific cruise...

...NOT! :laugh:

Thank god for slew mode. Hahaha 

What we've seen doesn't have nearly enough road detail for a good driving game, unfortunately.  Maybe some time in the future.  I want to try it anyway. 🙂 

I drove a 65 Jaguar all over Spain in Vehicle Simulator and loved it.  It wasn't perfect but it was a fun experience, and unfortunately Spain was about the only place that was detailed.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, overspeed3 said:

I've had some mild interest in Outerra over the years and followed it's progress from time to time.  This new video was quite amazing - hope that the FS 2020 looks very similar or even better... 

BTW, I never understood the "mission" statement" of Outerra:  It seems to be a game or app without a real purpose (other than producing very realistic scenery)  Without a stated and relatable goal for gamers and others, I think it will never garner interest in any large numbers...   

The military loves it, and now is providing most of the funding for development......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 hours ago, Spit40 said:

I agree, i think this will morph into more than a flight simulator. You could synchronise a flight to observe a real time rally.

Most people aren't aware of this but MS/ACES was working on the next iteration of the franchise with the goal of allowing Flight Simulator and Train Simulator to share the same world and engine platform before MS pulled the plug on both projects. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

46 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Most people aren't aware of this but MS/ACES was working on the next iteration of the franchise with the goal of allowing Flight Simulator and Train Simulator to share the same world and engine platform before MS pulled the plug on both projects. :blush:

Well that's the scary part about Microsoft, their propensity for abruptly walking away from things with pretty much zero warning: leaving people who purchased in good faith, stranded.

Since its happened to me with a number of their products, i can't help but feel wary.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

27 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

I only have one question......

Where is the first Flyin?

In Microsoft FLIGHT, you could actually get out of your plane and freely wander the airports, scenery, etc.

People would land and hop out in multiplayer, then stand around shooting the breeze, since voice coms was part of the sim.

Had some nice conversations, back then......

The greatest fantasy was that we could all have customizable avatars to meet up with.

Devons rig

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Actually, I was hoping that MS would reclaim the train sim title after their flight simulator release.

Given their tech, they can offer whole routes (like the northeast corridor) as opposed to the partial routes offered by DTG.

14 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

In Microsoft FLIGHT, you could actually get out of your plane and freely wander the airports, scenery, etc.

People would land and hop out in multiplayer, then stand around shooting the breeze, since voice coms was part of the sim.

Had some nice conversations, back then......

The greatest fantasy was that we could all have customizable avatars to meet up with.

Well? Dig up the 3 grumpy simmers video on novawings24 site and skip to 1:13:00  they mention avatar mode 

• Like 1