Sign in to follow this  
DCA996

DC3 Airways World Rally 2019

The annual DC-3 Airways World Rally will be flown during the month of November 2019 and will consist of 10 flights spaced over 2-day intervals.

Only DC-3/C-47 types will be allowed for all flights and will start with a Total Weight of 22 000 lbs (Payload 1700 lbs, Total Fuel 2000 lbs).

Being an Air Rally, the aim of the flights is to accurately fly each leg in order to complete it as close as possible to the "target time". The nominated speed will be 150 kts ground-speed (GS), one precision flight will be at 120 kts GS.

A Race Number will be allocated to each participant and only this number will be used in the published Results Sheet.

The Registration Page will open on Thursday 03 October 2019...

Here is a link to the website where you can register and download the flight details:

http://wr2019.aeroworx.co.za/

• Like 2

You only have too much fuel when you are on fire!

At first I thought this was a real world event! :cool:

All the best with the Rally, it seems like it would be a lot of fun (I don't have an E6-B hehe), but I cannot commit to the competition - family life, other hobbies etc. Ah, maybe if I was retired.

Anyway - Clear Skies to the entrants!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

There are virtual E6B available in software form and free too!

You only have too much fuel when you are on fire!