Sign in to follow this  
Tino

More info on the E175/E170

Good morning,

I was going to comment on the last topic about the E175, since some of the type codes are missing which creates issues with matching the correct model.

There are two versions on the E175:

E75L (LR version which incorporates the New Winglets).

E75S (The regular non-LR version with the Old Winglets).

Also, AILG switches E170 type code to E175. This shouldn't happen since E170 is the correct type code. For example: My JAL E170's are showing up as different aircraft since the type code gets changed automatically by the program.

Is there a possibility to include this fix in the next update?

Thanks for your time.

Sante Sottile

2 hours ago, Tino said:

AILG switches E170 type code to E175.

No it does not ...

AILG changes E175 into E75L, see the Manual page 13.

46 minutes ago, kiek said:

No it does not ...

AILG changes E175 into E75L, see the Manual page 13.

My apologies. I must of read that incorrectly.

How about the other items? Is that something you could possibly look into?

Thank you.

Sante Sottile

9 hours ago, Tino said:

How about the other items? Is that something you could possibly look into?

That is something you have to do yourself, there are two possible ways of doing that:

1. create separate aircraft.cfg files, one with atc_model=E75S and one with atc_model=E75L in the [General] section and order you liveries accordingly.

or

2. give each livery the registration codes that are in use in real time (in the atc-id= line in a [fltsim.x] section)

Edited by kiek

8 hours ago, kiek said:

That is something you have to do yourself, there are two possible ways of doing that:

1. create separate aircraft.cfg files, one with atc_model=E75S and one with atc_model=E75L in the [General] section and order you liveries accordingly.

or

2. give each livery the registration codes that are in use in real time (in the atc-id= line in a [fltsim.x] section)

Ok, thank you. Will do option #1.

Cheers,

Sante Sottile

17 hours ago, kiek said:

or

I did option 1, and now I don't find those models showing up as missing in my PSXseecontraffic log. Life is good!

I'd like to do option 2, but unless I'm missing something, doing that for hundreds or thousands of liveries would be very time consuming.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

7 hours ago, somiller said:

I'd like to do option 2, but unless I'm missing something, doing that for hundreds or thousands of liveries would be very time consuming.

It costs a lot of time indeed, but then you have the ultimate solution. I have approx. 3000 liveries with registration codes (including multiple registration codes) and I get a percentage of matched upon livery >= 97%).

Take for example what I saw yesterday, a KLM flight with an E190 operated by British Airways. You would -wrongly-  see a KLM livery, matched upon the callsign and type, while I see the real live BAW E190 based on its registration code!

Edited by kiek