Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

What kind of new autogen in the new sim ?

The new tech  promises to bring some more diversified autogen buildngs and vegetation. So...

... I want to see churches in Europe (villages and city neighborhoods), flower trees in Asia and more generally a vegetation adapted to geography (please kill these cypresses we  see all the world in FSX), low cost housing blocks which disfigure the suburbs in France and elsewhere, shanty towns, these awful commercial malls we have now at the outskirts of our cities, 3D highway interchanges, large neon outdoor advertising in cities and malls,... What else ?

PS don't bring back the size issue 😃 ! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I am sure this will be covered by the team. If not, 3rd parties will fill the blanks.

Just now, Noooch said:

I am sure this will be covered by the team. If not, 3rd parties will fill the blanks.

I am talking autogen which has not been adressed wery well in the past by 3rd parties. Only recently for textures and not for modeling.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Depends on the sim too.
Regional autogen for example is a bit more developed in XP, especially now with Mister X latest addon.

Anyway, we'll see.. The moment of truth will be when the streamers are loading the same city in online mode and offline mode (without the cache)

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

23 minutes ago, france89 said:

Depends on the sim too.
Regional autogen for example is a bit more developed in XP, especially now with Mister X latest addon.

Anyway, we'll see.. The moment of truth will be when the streamers are loading the same city in online mode and offline mode (without the cache)

Remember this is prealpha, time  for requests. When streams will be on line, as  we say in French, we will only have our eyes to cry  😏

Dominique

I Support thus requests. Would really Love fitting Vegetation and buildings. Especially in Europe with the historical City Centers. Bit Slums in Others Regionen would ne good too. The world ist Not a beautigul place everywhere

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I second that! As we’ve seen so far, their new tech (accurate roof colours, footprint, placement etc.) is a big leap forward in that direction and makes the scenery look plausible. I hope they’ll find a way to generate plausible facades as well. I’d like to see red brick walls in London suburbs and central Amsterdam, neoclassical city houses in big centres, wooden chalets in the Alps, colourful houses in the Italian Riviera, stone houses in Corsica etc. etc. The tricky bit I guess is to find a plausible mix of old and modern buildings, e.g. historical centres vs. outskirts so that it doesn’t look like Disneyland.

Plausible vegetation’s important as well.    

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Again, it all depends how the Azure AI works and/or is used. But as far as I understood, it's able to tag natural or human made infrastructure in the massive database of Bing aerial photos.

But then a combination of multiple data sources could be required to make the tags more accurate, maybe not.

The rest is a matter of how many 3D assets they developed for the new MSFS scenery libraries and how the world is divided in terms of regions and continents and how many rules are being applied to generate the diversity we wish to have.

As a scenery developer, I hope the MSFS SDK will make the basic procedural terrain components accessible for improvement. Something that is reserved to an Elite in XP11.

Yet for XP11, thanks to the World2XPlane 3rd party app, I created and tagged OSM areas with different residential types in JOSM and then used the W2XP rules to have specific architecture for each of these types.

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

😂 „realistic“ then

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, Flamingpie said:

Just now, Shack95 said:

😂 „realistic“ then

Would  "convincing" be OK with you both 😉 ?

Dominique

6 minutes ago, Flamingpie said:

Realistic, convincing, it's all fine with me: anything but that p-word will do. 😉 

How about these?
possible / probable / presumable 😄

I definitely think there should be more regional variation with regards to autogen. 

Soweto, Johannesburg is not the same as Rocinha, Rio de Janeiro

shutterstock-219544567.jpg

The-favela-tour-of-Rio-de-Janerio-770x51

A Jacaranda tree is not a Baobab tree which is not an Acacia tree.

Jacaranda-Tree-450w_large.jpg?v=15554292

gettyimages-157863121-50_custom-289ae9d4

serengeti-national-park--tanzania--10558

Can you imagine if the developers could put a seasonal texture for cherry blossom bloom in various (appropriate) parts of the World? Orbx managed to implement coloured tulip fields in TE NL.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 minutes ago, F737NG said:

QED. Nice ways to illustrate  the thread. Exactly the point I wanted to make. Add the flame trees in Asia  😏

About cherry blossoms. Orbx introduced them in HD trees. Only thing , you see them all over the world including in equatorial or tropical mountainous jungles ! 

Dominique

Hopefully there are better building models in the new sim.  By "better" I mean more realistic and sized accurately.

FSX has a very limited ability to define certain autogen vegetation and building textures for only 26 regions.  One can also map out an area using landclass tiles and change the default region for that area, thus changing the autogen.

What I'd like to see in the new sim is the ability to create and use autogen models and textures, and the ability to override the default settings and use custom autogen for any area of the world.  For example, one could draw a line around a specific area on a map overlay and then define which types of vegetation and buildings get called for that area.

Dave

• Upvote 2

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Regional autogen is already confirmed.

And it's placed and built by the AI reading the ortho images. It's a system we've never seen before and far more powerful than OSM data.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, domkle said:

QED. Nice ways to illustrate  the thread. Exactly the point I wanted to make. Add the flame trees in Asia  😏

About cherry blossoms. Orbx introduced them in HD trees. Only thing , you see them all over the world including in equatorial or tropical mountainous jungles ! 

Une image vaut mille mots. 
I was just trying to further emphasise what was being said and a picture is worth a thousand words.

D'you know, I've never seen cherry blossom using Orbx Trees. I must be blind!

Autogen has to change though, for instance, 2 storey houses and tower blocks in Australian suburbs are really uncommon.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter