Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

What kind of new autogen in the new sim ?

2 minutes ago, F737NG said:

. I must be blind!

Yes  😄 ! 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

If the AI is smart enough to identify all those little individual houses and their different colours in Rocinha it'll look awesome!

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Regional autogen is already confirmed.

And it's placed and built by the AI reading the ortho images. It's a system we've never seen before and far more powerful than OSM data.

Do you have a link to that nugget of info? It sounds very promising!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, domkle said:

QED. Nice ways to illustrate  the thread. Exactly the point I wanted to make. Add the flame trees in Asia  😏

About cherry blossoms. Orbx introduced them in HD trees. Only thing , you see them all over the world including in equatorial or tropical mountainous jungles ! 

Yeah, like xplane and the palm trees in michigan 

I believe the new system is called "AwesomeGen", because it looks frickin' AWESOME

The new system doesn't  fit the concept of the old autogen technique as it isn't automatically/procedurally placed, it's actually placed by the A.I. based on imagery and real-world data. It is supposed to be way more accurate concerning the models and the placement. I've seen a lot of different architectural models in the screenshots.

Also, there's a job opportunity open right now on the Studio, meaning they intend to improve this feature further:

https://www.asobostudio.com/careers/environment-artist-flight-simulator-189

MISSION

• Create models and assemble scenes for both architectural and organic environments
  • Modeling photo-realistic next-gen objects
  • Create and apply the adequate textures
  • Working in respect of technical and timing constraints (tasks management)

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

Isn't an Acacia tree in the girafes clip?

I think they are acacias but there are many different types of acacias, I suppose, as  they don’t look like the ones we have in France with the flowers of which  we make  fritters .

FSX and P3D have plenty of them in their autogen set.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam