Sign in to follow this  
Shack95

What about trains?

Have they said anything about moving trains yet? Do you think they’ll implement that? It’s not my first priority but would be nice to have nonetheless.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Good question and I hope it will be included. This is one thing I like in XP11. But what I miss in XP11 is Henrik Nielsen's AI ships for P3D. This should be also part of MSFS.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Train+shipping, I am with you, guys  !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Agreed - and one of the few ways to immerse us is by other moving stuff, creates "life" so there's a feel for a living earth. Forest fires based on real world data would also be nice, visible smoke in aviation is not as rare as you think. Creating things that are not static and not a repeated pattern are really helpful! Perhaps they could "set the stage" so add on devs could build these things in if not part of initial release..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As a professional expat, I had more than my share  of medium and long haul trips over 35 years all over the world and don't remember of any "surprise". The only thing out of the ordinary was a go around in Madrid in a 320 ! Not earth shattering.

The randomness should be focused on events which have a direct impact on our flights. As a storm cell closing a large airport even for IFR flights for instance or a deer crossing a small runway etc.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I remember many years ago reading a thing about an airfield not too far from me where it was strongly recommended that pilots do a low pass over the field before landing to make sure there were no animals on the runway :laugh:

• Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

This is a good point actually and something which I would like to see! Certainly in my region which is London and Kent the railways are a big part of the landscape.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

33 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I remember many years ago reading a thing about an airfield not too far from me where it was strongly recommended that pilots do a low pass over the field before landing to make sure there were no animals on the runway :laugh:

I love Orbx PNG sceneries but this is something sorely missing : chicken and hogs crossing the  strips !

Dominique

43 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Happened to me twice when flying out of Nairobi to a game resort in the Masai Mara 😊😊

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

On 10/9/2019 at 7:05 AM, Flamingpie said:

Maybe you're stretching things here 😉 but the idea of random things happening would be very cool! The life that some add on developers bring to their airports is nice and much appreciated but after a few times you've seen it and you can notice the pattern. Would be nice if random things would happen all over the world. A bit like it is done in Truck Simulator where various things may happen at random locations. Those events are still scripted and rather static but they do give a bit or surprise and life usually is full of surprises! 

Okay maybe? But FireFighterX (https://firefighterx.weebly.com/) has been around quite a long time and I've enjoyed it. Nice to see smoke rising where it should based on real world forest fire data... so certainly "do-able" although realize it isn't Microsoft's priority and I don't think trains are either. But even if they do not, maybe an add-on dev will!