Sign in to follow this  
severniae

Non-PBR paint

Hi

Does anyone have any NON-PBR paints for the 747, especially the centurion paints for the -400 & -8

Reason being - PBR messes with VR, so all the externals go see through when using flyinside for VR. It was fine before they released all the PBR paints..

Alternately, if anyone has other paints, or suggestions to make it work...

If anyone could help it'd be great.

Thanks,

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

PBR is both texture and model-based.

Sounds more like your drivers are out of date.

Kyle Rodgers

7 hours ago, severniae said:

Hi

Does anyone have any NON-PBR paints for the 747, especially the centurion paints for the -400 & -8

Reason being - PBR messes with VR, so all the externals go see through when using flyinside for VR. It was fine before they released all the PBR paints..

Alternately, if anyone has other paints, or suggestions to make it work...

If anyone could help it'd be great.

Thanks,

Flight Deck PBR is not dependent on the livery.  It is provided by PMDG in the common folder.  So you are kind of out of luck.  Make sure you have updated your sim to the latest version as its supposed to have fixed a lot of Anti-aliasing issues.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

On 10/9/2019 at 8:06 PM, thibodba57 said:

Flight Deck PBR is not dependent on the livery.  It is provided by PMDG in the common folder.  So you are kind of out of luck.  Make sure you have updated your sim to the latest version as its supposed to have fixed a lot of Anti-aliasing issues.

So, it's not possible to go back to non-PBR? The problem is that for whatever reason, flyinside VR system messes up with PBR. The proper fix would be for Flyinside developer to actually fix something for once, but he seems to be AWOL.

James W

8 hours ago, severniae said:

So, it's not possible to go back to non-PBR? The problem is that for whatever reason, flyinside VR system messes up with PBR. The proper fix would be for Flyinside developer to actually fix something for once, but he seems to be AWOL.

As far as I know it's not possible to revert back. The most I can say is make sure you are running the latest version of P3D and try different AA settings in P3D and see if they resolves the issue.  Leonardo got a Antialiasing fix by utilizing Mipmaps if I recall. But has since reverted back as P3D fixed the issue.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Nah it's not AA - I think it's because the flyinside program hijacks the shaders and does something funky with them. They need to fix their software - it's fine in P3D's inbuild VR mode - its just a shame as flyinside is a lot better....

James W