Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

New Lukla & Orbx Global

Anyone running the new Aerosoft 'Everest Extreme/Lukla' & Orbx Global Base?

Do they fit together ok? Any file positioning tweaks required?

T45

Hi, I was on the Beta and me running orbx global base and vector. At least we encountered no known problems. No manual edit needed.

Cheers

T.

Edited by Torsen

I have no problems with ORBX Global, but I have baggage hoovering over the apron.

Mark

Prepare3Dv5 / ASUS Prime Z390A / I9 9900K @ 4.8 GHz / GSkill 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHZ CL15 @ 3400 MHz / RTX4070TI / Windows 10 Home / Monitor Philips 436M6VBPAB / Force Feedback Yoke / Thrustmaster PTR rudder pedals

Global base is just a default texture replacement, there should be no issues.  

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Orbx Global and Lukla work fine together. You can select Global or the Low resolution extended area and airports. I chose Global.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Speaking of this AP and Orbx scenery what’s a good scenic route to take from this AP to another?  Any other good AP’s nearby, addon wise, to fly between with a Twin Otter?

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Speaking of this AP and Orbx scenery what’s a good scenic route to take from this AP to another?  Any other good AP’s nearby, addon wise, to fly between with a Twin Otter?

Personally I would suggest flying into the extended coverage area. I know that the satellite imagery in the outer area is not overwhelming but I always found the flights to any airport to the southeast and east very scenic when testing the scenery with lots of autogen activated. Certainly more scenic than the usual route to Kathmandu (which is still nice, but not as the routes heading southeast).

If you want realistic, activate the real world flightplans Lukla<>Kathmandu in the Google Earth map that comes with the scenery. So you can put them into your FMC/GPS (plus using the charts in the manual).

If you want unrealistic but even more scenic: Try to find an aircraft that can both take off in Lukla AND bring you high up to Tingri in Tibet/PRC passing Mt. Everest.

Bests,
Sascha

EDIT: Currently most Twin Otter flights are scheduled between Ramechhap and Lukla instead of Kathmandu<>Lukla because Kathmandu it too crowded and experiencing runway renovations. Ramechhap is within the scenery's extended coverage area as well.

Edited by Sasa

Just an FYI Thai Creation’s Kathmandu does seem to work in P3Dv4.

• Like 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

13 hours ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Nice!  Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Chris Camp

I found no issues.

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

17 hours ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Are these guys even in business - their FB page hasn't been updated since 2015.

It would be great if native P3Dv4 airport for Kathmandu exists

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I am using Thai Creations KNVT (Katmandu) and it works awesome.. Love the airport.,

• Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter