Anyone know of a support forum for the Honeycomb Yoke.  Got mine yesterday...No documentation on button mapping and it isn't intuitive IMHO.   I've resorted to FSUIPC offsets to assign functions.

Also, what the heck are those 6 tiny rubber caps for.   The sparse documentation that comes with the yoke doesn't say and the Honeycomb people are all at a flight sim convention and unavailable for support questions.

And why are the last three positions on the starter switch not being recognized as buttons by FSUIPC or the Windows 10 Game Controller Settings (though they are in the Honeycomb settings app)?

Edited by CajunRon

Ronnie Pertuit

I don't have any answers for you @CajunRon, but I can confirm that I'm having the same issues...

I can't get P3D to recognize the hat switch to pan the view...actually I think it does recognize it, it just moves so slowly that it is virtually imperceptible.

ChasePlane doesn't recognize the yoke at all.

And the starter switch looks to be a limitation on the number of buttons associated with the controller in Windows. If you look the Windows controller config, the button count only goes to 32 (not at my home computer to verify the number)...but less that the number of button assignment available in the Honeycomb yoke.

I also can't see to get P3D to recognize any of the toggle switches as separate buttons. FUSIPC does, but I couldn't find the right mapping to a number of the switches like generator/alternator master.

X-Plane, by the way handles, the yoke beautifully since they created a specific profile for it.

Chris

Same confusion here. It feels like most resources went into the hardware development and very little into the software. A little disappointing from that respect.

- Aaron

Slait,  that's my take on this as well.  They focused so much on the hardware that the software fell through the cracks.  And when I tried to get support through their facebook page there was a note that they had all gone to a convention and left no one at home for customer support in the very week that most preorders where delivered.   Seems short sighted to me.   I'm a little disappointed too.

Ronnie Pertuit

You don't have to download any profiles for the Honeycomb yoke or throttle if you're using MSFS 2020. You do have to download a file from them to make your lights on the throttle quadrant to light up tough. As far as the buttons and settings go, you have to create separate profiles for each type of aircraft in the control selection. Like single engine, single engine complex, two engine etc. Seems confusing but it's not once you create one profile. 

Walt Popowski

This thread is 2 years old.😉

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Honeycomb did have a new download for MSFS2020. I was really surprised when I saw it. I downloaded it but it still didn't fix my ALT and VS problem. I am going to try something now. I think I have an idea what is causing it. I think it has to do with my profiles I made. I'll let you all know how it coming. Again, Thank You, you're all a great group to work with. Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

Found out why my Honeycomb dials wouldn't work. It did have to do with one of the profiles I created, for the single engine and single engine complex. At least I now know it was from something I did and not MSFS2020 or Honeycomb. Again best wishes to you all and Thank You. Great bunch of flyers on here. See ya at 10,000' in the clouds. Walt

Walt Popowski

My kids want to learn to fly and they purchased a 150A with the Lowes conversion taildragger. To support their desires, for Christmas I purchased the Honeycomb yoke and throttle quadrant but need to get compatible rudder peddles.   Any suggestions?

The MFG Crosswind pedals are perfect for their price IMO. They are superior to cheaper pedals and on par with the more expensive ones.
I had CH pedals before; they aren't too bad but they weren't thát much cheaper. They were less precise and after several years the potmeters went bad. Pedals like the MFG Crosswind or TPR Thrustmaster use Hall sensors and don't have that problem.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5