Sign in to follow this  
p3dnerd

PKSIM Bogota SKBO for P3D V4 -- Beware

Hi guys,

Just a heads up that I purchased the pksim Bogota airport scenery for p3d v4 recently and after installation I had a few issues with black night lighting tiles bleeding through the scenery north of the airport.

I have Orbx South America LC and Orbx South America Mesh installed....so I verified the files, but that didn't correct the problem.

So I contacted the developer at the support email given, but that email has been totally ignored for more than a week.

For the price of this scenery, I do expect support......since there doesn't seem to be any support, I won't buy any of this developer's scenery ever again.....be warned and purchase at your own risk.

• Like 2

I don't have this problem at all with the PKSim scenery. Make sure you have the latest updated version of their scenery. I think the black tiles are a by product of ORBX. After the recent FTX Global update, you need to re-install South America LC and mesh so they are fresh. They need to be layered properly in the ORBX scenery order, which the new Central version 4.16 does very nicely, especially if you use advanced layering and also run sync with scenery in the help tab. This fixes a lot of issues.

• Upvote 2

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

51 minutes ago, p3dnerd said:

Hi guys,

Just a heads up that I purchased the pksim Bogota airport scenery for p3d v4 recently and after installation I had a few issues with black night lighting tiles bleeding through the scenery north of the airport.

I have Orbx South America LC and Orbx South America Mesh installed....so I verified the files, but that didn't correct the problem.

So I contacted the developer at the support email given, but that email has been totally ignored for more than a week.

For the price of this scenery, I do expect support......since there doesn't seem to be any support, I won't buy any of this developer's scenery ever again.....be warned and purchase at your own risk.

Hi, I think they have updated the scenery like 3 times over the last days, mainly to improve the frame rate and night lightning.

Try to download the new version and let’s see if the problem is fixed.

If not, try to look for colsimmers group in Facebook, they can help you with that.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Does that scenery include custom landclass? If yes, then disable it.

8 hours ago, p3dnerd said:

Hi guys,

You should verify files for Orbx Global too.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks for all your suggestions guys.

I will work through them and see if I can fix the issue.

I'll let you know what the results are.

UPDATE -- I need to apologize to the developer PKSIM for reporting that the issue I was having was due to their scenery for SKBO Bogota.....Turns out it was not a problem with that scenery.

I am sorry.  The problem, it turns out, was with ORBX South America products (either South America LC or the mesh).

Anyway, I UNINSTALLED both ORBX global South America products and then re-installed them.....result: problem with the black, night lighting tiles fixed.

So let me repeat....the problem I was experiencing was NOT due to the PKSIM Bogota SKBO airport scenery.  I was wrong to have blamed my problem on that addon scenery.

That being said, the "support" from PKSIM still leaves much to be desired.....to date, I have not received any sort of response whatsoever to my email requesting support.

As a customer of PKSIM then, you should be aware that If you do have a problem with a PKSIM scenery (and I hope you don't), it seems that customers are on their own to figure it out with the assistance of the greater community of flight simmers.

I am grateful for all the replies to my original post and the help that they provided.....I have no doubt that is the reason I was able to solve the problem I was seeing.

Keep on simming!

• Upvote 1

Thanks.  I have an older SKBO (I can't remember who made it offhand), and I think it was really designed for FSX, so it has a few visual anomalies here and there in v4.... good to know about this new SKBO working with Orbx stuff.

Sometimes we simmers have to help each other out.  I've used PKSim sceneries before, but never tested their service/support.

Usually simply choosing the "verify files" option in Orbo Configurator works to solve the black tile issue...but are you saying that verify files did not work for you? 

Rhett

When ORBX updated the Global base recently, verify wasn't enough, it turned out it was necessary to un-install and re-install the LC sceneries so that they would properly be placed above the global base in the right order. It seemed to straighten a lot of things out.

• Like 1

Lee H

My experience confirms what Midnight Music said in the preceding post.

Verify files was not enough to correct the black tile issue for me.

But all's well that ends well.

• Like 1

Ok good.  I wonder if Lorby's Addon Organizer could be used to change the order, without having to reinstall...

Rhett

9 hours ago, Mace said:

Ok good.  I wonder if Lorby's Addon Organizer could be used to change the order, without having to reinstall...

The latest version of ORBX Central takes care of it all for you. Make sure Enable Advanced Layering is checked and I found inserting Airports and Regions below Addons works well and Global Open LC below Airports and Regions. After that go to the help tab and run Sync Simulator. I do this again from time to time, especially after installing new sceneries just to make sure everything stays tidy.

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

On 10/9/2019 at 9:25 AM, p3dnerd said:

Hi guys,

hello i just bought this PKSIM from Bogota , but it looks that my serial numer could not be verify . did you change something in your configuration before your installation ?