Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Best "trees" for P3d

I really dislike the "over abundance" of orange and yellow trees (Autumn) when I fly these days in P3d.   Are there any programs that improve the trees to be more realistic throughout all seasons?

Stan

20 minutes ago, spilok said:

Are there any programs that improve the trees to be more realistic throughout all seasons?

Orbx Trees HD 
Turbulent Designs TerraFlora

Whether or not they remove the "over abundance of orange and yellow trees" to your liking is subjective.
Take a look at both, Orbx has theirs currently on sale.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Thanks.  Will check them out.

Stan

Orbx trees are hard to beat. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

46 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I use both Orbx and Turbulent (they do work together) ... Autumn trees in the area's I've lived/visited are very Orange, Yellow, and Red ... I love the look both real world and in P3D.  Sadly ORBX Oregon HD in XP11 really does NOT do Oregon justice ... maybe one month out of the year Oregon will have some brown grass but 90% of the time its very green and autumn is very pronounced ... if ORBX do Oregon HD for P3D, I hope they include seasons.

Cheers, Rob.

Orbx & TerraFlora working together - are there settings in either you need to tweak so that they co-exist, or is it automatic?

T45

I'm sure you cant go wrong with either... Before buying ORBX trees I looked at the pics on their website and said well its a cheap add-on why not. But then after I installed it maybe 2 years ago, I love them. Much better resolution/realism and no impact to FPS.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

I have TerraFlora I like how they are regional depending on country and area.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I agree.  I bought BOTH.  Yes, the yellow and orange are prevalent, but they do look good together.

Thanks,

Stan

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

I have TerraFlora I like how they are regional depending on country and area.

For billboard trees, the Terraflora version is much better. The textures are more natural and there is a lot more variety in tree heights.