Sign in to follow this  
LosGenero

Upcomming Just Flight´s Traffic Global for X-Plane

Hello Greg

Have you checked this out ? The Dev´s say that they are letting dataref´s to interact with 3.rd party ATC programs ?

As long as they're using the standard datarefs for ai traffic, it should work.

Do you have a link to description of what they're doing?

Dave

Uuups Sorry, I ment Dave of course, Here is where I read about it

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/176159-traffic-global/

and from their website

https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global-xplane-windows,

especially this point

" Q: Will the X-Plane ATC be aware of the AI traffic? Are there plans to provide compatibility with ATC add-ons (e.g. Pilot2ATC and 124thatc)?
A: X-Plane’s internal AI should be disabled when using Traffic Global because there is no way to inform X-Plane of any external traffic. However, the well-known 'TCAS Hack' is supported to allow third-party tools to see some nearby traffic. In addition, a set of datarefs has been provided, with an example, to allow third parties to access full traffic data. "'

This is all that I know of this. Maybe you can check it out ?

Cheers

I was about to post the same thing when i saw this...i inquire the dev directly about this, then this information appeared in their faqs, maybe was just a coincidence 🙂

Dave we are counting on you 🙂 any beta help you need you have my email 😉 the program will release this month.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Hi Dave,

Came here to ask the question regarding Traffic Global working with P2A in XP but seems you are already on it! 😁

A quick test flight upon release today shows P2A currently doesn't recognise Traffic Global aircraft.

Look forward to seeing what you can do and hopefully a future update 👍

Edited by logic007

You need to set Traffic Global up for TCAS usage.  There's a section in their User's Guide on how to do this.  Here's a quote from there:

Some aircraft, and some external tools, use the X-Plane ‘multiplayer’ aircraft locations to provide a TCAS (Traffic Collision Avoidance System) feature. Traffic Global does not use multiplayer aircraft at all, so normally these tools will not show the locations of nearby AI aircraft. You can tell Traffic Global to use the multiplayer aircraft locations for up to 19 nearby aircraft. This limit is imposed by X-Plane itself, which will only allow 20 aircraft to exist at a time. The TCAS option is available in the ‘Settings’ dialogue and does not require X-Plane to be restarted. There should be no performance penalty for adding this but there will be some additional aircraft displayed on the in-game map and these will have incorrect orientations and labels. You will also need to use the X-Plane ‘Flight Configuration’ dialogue to manually enable the multiplayer aircraft. To do this, open the Flight Configuration page and click on the ‘AI Aircraft’ button near the top. On the next page, click the ‘Add Aircraft’ button until no more can be added.

Regards,

Dave

56 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You need to set Traffic Global up for TCAS usage.  There's a section in their User's Guide on how to do this.  Here's a quote from there:

Some aircraft, and some external tools, use the X-Plane ‘multiplayer’ aircraft locations to provide a TCAS (Traffic Collision Avoidance System) feature. Traffic Global does not use multiplayer aircraft at all, so normally these tools will not show the locations of nearby AI aircraft. You can tell Traffic Global to use the multiplayer aircraft locations for up to 19 nearby aircraft. This limit is imposed by X-Plane itself, which will only allow 20 aircraft to exist at a time. The TCAS option is available in the ‘Settings’ dialogue and does not require X-Plane to be restarted. There should be no performance penalty for adding this but there will be some additional aircraft displayed on the in-game map and these will have incorrect orientations and labels. You will also need to use the X-Plane ‘Flight Configuration’ dialogue to manually enable the multiplayer aircraft. To do this, open the Flight Configuration page and click on the ‘AI Aircraft’ button near the top. On the next page, click the ‘Add Aircraft’ button until no more can be added.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks Dave. Realised after I had posted. Another case of not reading the manual properly 🙈

Have reconfigured with the A.I now so they show on TCAS. Going to give it another blast and hopefully all is fine.

Edited by logic007

I haven't done a full Traffic Global flight yet, but I watched it a bit. It properly took over the XPlane AI aircraft (I have the max of 19 set) and they showed up in TCAS and on the Pilot2ATC map.

They seem to be the closest 19 aircraft that are in the air and don't include active traffic global aircraft on the ground.

Of course, there are hundreds of other aircraft injected by Traffic Global that are invisible to TCAS and Pilot2ATC. The 19 closest should be more than enough.

11 hours ago, Mike Berger said:

It properly took over the XPlane AI aircraft (I have the max of 19 set) and they showed up in TCAS and on the Pilot2ATC map.

Hello Mike, which AI planes did you choose? I don't see anything in P2A.

Regards,

Reiner

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

I did a flight and P2A gave lots of traffic warnings - so that works.

Traffic Global is not perfect. I suggest that folks view Captain K-Man's review on it. 

@Reiner on Tour - I chose the 19 AI aircraft types at random. In XP, they appeared as whatever TG wanted them to be - i.e. all jets, even though I had picked a random mix of jets and GA.

I believe that only 1 plugin can take control of AI aircraft in XP. So, if you run any other plugins that control AI aircraft (i.e. plugins that put aircraft on TCAS), then it will be random as to which plugin gets control.

For example, if another plugin like X-Ivap or Live Traffic is running, then TG might not get control of the AI aircraft. You actually have to disable the conflicting plugins to fix this. You can't just disable the plugin from the xplane menus. 

you actually have to disable it by renaming/moving the  plugin - like XOrganizer does.

You can still run TG and those other plugins at the same time. The issue is only as to which one controls the 19 aircraft for TCAS and P2A.

1 hour ago, Mike Berger said:

You can still run TG and those other plugins at the same time. The issue is only as to which one controls the 19 aircraft for TCAS and P2A.

Hello Mike,

thank you so much for your answer. I think it will have been in my case because of the WorldTraffic plugin. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test your tip until tomorrow. I will then report if it was that.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

Reiner

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

I can get the traffic on TCAS and P2A map no problem, all 19 infact. P2A a couple of times has told me to hold short of the RWY on departure for aircraft on final but nothing close on TCAS or visually? 

In the Air however I can spot the aircraft on TCAS visually when looking outside. Its as though P2A is seeing invisible traffic that isn't depicted on screen on some departures?

Edited by logic007

2 hours ago, Mike Berger said:

Traffic Global is not perfect. I suggest that folks view Captain K-Man's review on it.

What review are you talking about? im not finding anything in hes youtube channel.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync