Sign in to follow this  
Hotshotp

Tech Alpha Recruitment

Hey guys,

I'm very interested in the alpha recruitment program for MSFS 2020. I've filled out the survey. We get more information tomorrow (October 10th). I'm very excited.

Do any of you have any idea of when we get the confirmation on whether we made it? What's going to happen in the alpha testing process? Anything you'd like to share?

Boris

15 minutes ago, mcmini said:

Do any of you have any idea of when we get the confirmation on whether we made it? What's going to happen in the alpha testing process? Anything you'd like to share?

I can't check the development roadmap right now because the website won't load, but IIRC the program will kick off in late October and that's when people will get notified by email whether they're in the first round. I don't know if eventually everyone will be in the program but there will be several rounds of recruitment so you may get selected further down the road if haven't been right away.

What they're most certainly going to do is direct people to test certain things and report back. Perhaps you will be able to fly around freely at some point and report any bug you encountered but it's likely not going to be a whole lot of unrestricted fun aka getting to play early for free.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Tomorrow (10/10) we'll get more info regarding the Alpha program, but they have yet to outline a date as to when it will start.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

39 minutes ago, mcmini said:

Hey guys,

I'm very interested in the alpha recruitment program for MSFS 2020. I've filled out the survey. We get more information tomorrow (October 10th). I'm very excited.

Boris

On september 19th they posted that:

Tech Alpha Timeline

October 10: Release testing complete. Lock final delivery schedule.

October 17: Build release preparation.

October 24: Release window opens.

As you can see, around the october 24th there's a big possibility we will see the first wave of the alpha build being sent to the insiders. This timeline will probably be updated on tomorrow's update and we will know if it's still on time.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

On september 19th they posted that:

Tech Alpha Timeline

October 10: Release testing complete. Lock final delivery schedule.

October 17: Build release preparation.

October 24: Release window opens.

As you can see, around the october 24th there's a big possibility we will see the first wave of the alpha build being sent to the insiders. This timeline will probably be updated on tomorrow's update and we will know if it's still on time.

What does "Lock final delivery schedule" mean?

Boris

Just now, mcmini said:

What does "Lock final delivery schedule" mean?

Boris

It means they will tell us a more precise date for the alpha build release on tomorrow's update, that's what understood.

• Like 1

Interesting. Thanks, OP for the heads-up! (Wow, time flies fast...!) 😮

Come to think of it - any idea, as to when this sim is aimed to be completed?

Is this really meant to be released for 2020? I mean, they've (supposedly) been working on this for 5 years - and are still in pre-alpha? Now, not to be negative or pessimistic or anything. I haven't got a clue as to what goes on behind the scenes. On the other hand, the videos and images released so far, does suggest, that they're quite far in the developmental process... 

I'm genuinely curious... and excited!

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Is this really meant to be released for 2020?

They've communicated 2020, not January 2020. I suspect that it could release during or around E3 next year, which is in early June. We shall see.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Is this really meant to be released for 2020? I mean, they've (supposedly) been working on this for 5 years - and are still in pre-alpha? Now, not to be negative or pessimistic or anything. I haven't got a clue as to what goes on behind the scenes. On the other hand, the videos and images released so far, does suggest, that they're quite far in the developmental process... 

They've been working on the sim for 3 years (started on 2016). And wouldn't say 3 years would be too much for a flightsim. They are working on it for 3 years, but we don't really know how many people were involved back then, they have a lot of job opportunities open right now, so I would guess their team has been growing within the developement timeline.

20 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I think they confirmed that it was "MID 2020", so like @ZLA Steve said, E3 is very possible.

Boris

27 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

They've communicated 2020, not January 2020. I suspect that it could release during or around E3 next year, which is in early June. We shall see.

Where did you get January 2020!? 

But interesting... about 8-9 months. Sounds plausible, but with everything I've come to learn about software development is that nothing goes so fast as one wants.

Besides - where does the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 come from? 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Where did you get January 2020!? 

But interesting... about 8-9 months. Sounds plausible, but with everything I've come to learn about software development is that nothing goes so fast as one wants.

Besides - where does the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 come from? 

It doesn't come from anywhere official, some guy started calling it MSFS 2020 and some other guy called it, and some other guy called it, etc.

Boris 🙂

• Upvote 1

As Asobo is hiring a lot of developers at this moment, it will take at least

3-4 months before they are doing any productive development work. 

That brings us into Q1 2020. At least 6 to 9 months more are needed to do any good for product. 

Hopefully we will see a Christmas release in 2020. 

4 minutes ago, nas123 said:

As Asobo is hiring a lot of developers at this moment, it will take at least

3-4 months before they are doing any productive development work. 

That brings us into Q1 2020. At least 6 to 9 months more are needed to do any good for product. 

Hopefully we will see a Christmas release in 2020. 

Doesn't mean much... as this is supposed to be a 10 years project, the developers being hired right now can be working on features planned for the post-release period.

I wouldn't bet right now when it will be released. It even might be postponed to 2021 and I wouldn't be surprised (not saying it will happen, but just to point out I wouldn't try guess the release date at this point).

Edited by ca_metal

In AIRBOYD's Q&A video, around the 10:20min mark, the Microsoft guy with the cap (don't remember his name), says something like:

"My dream is to have everything ready at the Gamecom, you guys realize this is not going to happen ..."

but I may have misunderstood this, not sure about the word "Gamecom" (I am not a native listener). The Gamecom would be late August.

Siggy Schwarz