Sign in to follow this  
Thac

Do you currently use VR in your current flight sim?

Do you currently use VR for your flight sim?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. With all of the discussion on VR being included in Flight Simulator, how many people currently use VR?

And what about VR support? Do they (Microsoft) have anyhing to say about VR and the lack of it?

16 minutes ago, Thac said:

And what about VR support? Do they (Microsoft) have anyhing to say about VR and the lack of it?

Yes they do. They said they'll try to prioritise it but cannot promise it’ll make it in the first release.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Just now, Shack95 said:

Yes they do. They said they'll try to prioritise it but cannot promise it’ll make it in the first release.

Really? This is huge! First they (Asobo) say "no VR at release, maybe later, maybe never".

But, VR should be supported at launch - or delay the release until VR is implemented and ready.

Getting VR headsets to work seamlessly with streamed scenery may well be technically difficult but Asobo has been working in that field for some time , their own system I recall was called Hololens , while not the same thing as it generated its environment there are certainly parallels in programming .

Were I to postulate ,  Asobo will pull it off , their team is top-class, growing and commitment to excellence incontestable.

Google up some background on the directors names above , your confidence level will improve , they and their long list of accomplishments bodes well for the future , lets just hope the beancounters don't blow it and remember what happened last time their influence took Flight.

Best CJ

3 hours ago, Thac said:

Really? This is huge! First they (Asobo) say "no VR at release, maybe later, maybe never".

But, VR should be supported at launch - or delay the release until VR is implemented and ready.

Considering the people that uses VR, I don’t think a delay could benefit anyone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thac said:

Meh- VR implementation should be delayed until VR headsets can produce 4k images at 60fps- the current tech with the screen door effect won't do the visuals of new sim justice.

Nice attempt though at being provocative.

5 minutes ago, skully said:

Meh- VR implementation should be delayed until VR headsets can produce 4k images at 60fps- the current tech with the screen door effect won't do the visuals of new sim justice.

Nice attempt though at being provocative.

Weak argument. XP11 and DCS have amazing visuals in VR with current gen headsets.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Weak argument. XP11 and DCS have amazing visuals in VR with current gen headsets.

Visuals are just ok- the experience is amazing but not the visuals- still need to lean forwards to read details on the gauges etc.

I have VR for both of those sims.

8 minutes ago, skully said:

Visuals are just ok- the experience is amazing but not the visuals- still need to lean forwards to read details on the gauges etc.

I have VR for both of those sims.

Do you have a Rift S/HP Reverb/Pimax 5k and are able to use pixel-density at 1.5, at least? I get very good clarity with those settings.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

3 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Do you have a Rift S and are able to use pixel-density at 1.5, at least? I get very good clarity with those settings.

Samsung Odyssey and yes it's adjusted to the highest level achievable and still maintain good frame rates.

I has a DCS naval carrier group help me adjust it for best visuals and performance. The carrier landings and formation flying were amazing but certainly not crystal clarity.

The VR tech still has a long way to go.

i love vr, but i think there is no need for them to have it ready at launch. have it ready when its ready. dont even prioritze it over other stuff right now. make sure your game releases bug free and with other core features finished. then get on to vr and implement it properly. we waited ages for a next gen flight simulator, i dont care if we have to wait for another year for it to get proper vr support. why the rush, why demand everything immediately. (with all that said i am a little bit surprised that they didnt really make vr a priority early on in development in this day and age)

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, skully said:

Samsung Odyssey and yes it's adjusted to the highest level achievable and still maintain good frame rates.

I has a DCS naval carrier group help me adjust it for best visuals and performance. The carrier landings and formation flying were amazing but certainly not crystal clarity.

I think VR has evolved significantly with the latest headsets. I also had an Odyssey, but the experience with my current RIft S is noticeably better.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, skully said:

Seems like an individual thing...because I have ZERO issues with clarity in my O+ not having to lean in closer to see anything in DCS and XPlane11.

Please don't tell me you are using WMR 1903?

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2