Sign in to follow this  
racer0796

Vox pop voices

Having recently (upgraded ? )  to Windows 10, and finally rebuilt my FSX SE, with All the add ons including this one , I've found very limited functionality with the Vox pop voices !      Firstly, there was an issue with downloading them from the site , and last time I tried , still no joy ,  so I re used a previous download of the zip files I came across on a laptop .   Anyway , having installed them again , and testing them in the vox voice config panel , I now found the only one working is,  the female voice ,and when trying the mail voices  with that installed it's the female voice everytime that sounds . If I only have the male voices installed then I get no sound at all in the test panel , and if trying to run the sim with these selected vox does it's favorite fatal error trick !!   Has anyone else had this prob , or any ideas please ? 

Do you have the most recent version of the VoxPop voices, for version 7?  They are accessible from the VoxATC website. From the home page, scroll to the bottom where it says “voices” and click on ”more info” you will have to do that one more time. Download and follow the installation instructions. 

Hi Mac,

and thanks for reply .   I have also been trying to do this , and have no luck as it seems the vox.biz site is down at the moment or broken now  !      Have you tried lately ,or anyone else as I've tried several times and on two different routers , internet sources !!   On the subject , can any other free voices other than default Windows 10 be recommended?     I do have a handful of Ceraproc ones I purchased when they were half price sale , but like most of us don't want to spend £25   or over $30 a voice  .......

Regards Chris

1 hour ago, racer0796 said:

...vox.biz site

it's voxatc.com. I'm not sure if the voxatc.biz website exists anymore.

On 10/10/2019 at 7:59 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

it's voxatc.com. I'm not sure if the voxatc.biz website exists anymore.

Oh okay thanks for this !     Unfortunately I have more important probs than that now !!

I keep getting ' Fly Flightplan '     now, anywhere other than my default FsX flight , where a Fatal Error throws up ... I do also get the correct green prompt underneath this though , and am able to still just about use the program !   The above example is also , followed by NO traffic generation either !!  any ideas please ?  

Am on FSX se,   Flyinside fsx,   Traffic 360 , and now Windows 10 , although I wish I'd stayed on 7 64 bit