Sign in to follow this  
cosnowboarder_777

Install Failure P3D 4.5

First time I have had an issue with the any of the immerisons. I get this error when I sign in to VFX central. Tried reinstalling but gives this same error every time.

Installation Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at A.D.A(Boolean )
   at VFXCentral.MainWindow.A(Object , DoWorkEventArgs )
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Edited by cosnowboarder_777
update title

Hi Rob, thanks for  the response. I had to reinstall all my PMDG products after the last P3d update. The operations center wasn't showing any of my aircraft. I have all the immersion packs for all the PMDG aircraft and they all installed just fine including the 737. When I opened VFX central to do the 787 update, it came out with that error. It shows that 737 immersion is not installed now. Every time I try to reinstall it, that error comes up and it says failed to install. Is there something maybe left over in the 737 folders that needs to manually deleted?

Have you uninstalled the 737-600/700 from your setup (in any of your installed sim)?

We have seen a few instances where leftover files would cause an issue when reinstalling/updating 737 Immersion

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

QW 787? Confused, thought you're working PMDG 737?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob, I was just saying I was opening VFX central to do the new update for the 787 when the error surfaced. the two are completely unrelated. I don't open it unless there is an update to be done, 

3 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Have you uninstalled the 737-600/700 from your setup (in any of your installed sim)?

We have seen a few instances where leftover files would cause an issue when reinstalling/updating 737 Immersion

Hi Keven, that is correct. There seems to be an error that pops up from time to time in the PMDG operations center where your aircraft no longer showed up. This is what prompted the reinstall of all my products. Is there some files I can manually delete to fix the issue or do I need to uninstall the 737, delete any leftover files and start over?

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 4:25 PM, cosnowboarder_777 said:

Hi Keven, that is correct. There seems to be an error that pops up from time to time in the PMDG operations center where your aircraft no longer showed up. This is what prompted the reinstall of all my products. Is there some files I can manually delete to fix the issue or do I need to uninstall the 737, delete any leftover files and start over?

Has this been answered?  I am getting the same error when I try to install the 737 immersion.

Scott McLaurin

USN (ret)

KPHX

Yes, remove the leftover aircraft dirs:

PMDG 737-600NGX
PMDG 737-700NGX
PMDG 737-700NGX WL

in the SimObjects folder

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

PMDG 737-600NGX
PMDG 737-700NGX
PMDG 737-700NGX WL

in the SimObjects folder

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

3 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

PMDG 737-600NGX
PMDG 737-700NGX
PMDG 737-700NGX WL

in the SimObjects folder

Thanks for the reply Kevin.  Should I uninstall them or just delete the folders in the SIMOBJECTS folder?  

Scott McLaurin

USN (ret)

KPHX

Just now, DogTagGamer said:

Thanks for the reply Kevin.  Should I uninstall them or just delete the folders in the SIMOBJECTS folder?  

If you are having the issue mentioned above it's because those are already uninstalled or that the install of those aircraft is corrupt

• Like 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

If you are having the issue mentioned above it's because those are already uninstalled or that the install of those aircraft is corrupt

Ok, I went with the corrupt version.  Uninstalled, reinstalled.  737 immersion installed with no problems.   Question now....will it work with the new NGXu?   And thanks.

Scott McLaurin

USN (ret)

KPHX

11 minutes ago, DogTagGamer said:

Question now....will it work with the new NGXu?   And thanks.

Not yet

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hello Kevin,

I also have the same problem with the PMDG 737 NGX, immersion effects not showing in sim (P3Dv4.5 HF2) anymore like before, all other PMDG products (747 and 777) working with immersion effects.

I DID NOT change anything re the PMDG 737 NGX, no new livery or anything. The When I realized I went of course to VFX central, there the products window shows the 737 small window with dark green bar showing direct install ( though I did never uninstall that), the two other PMDG's 747 and 777 still show light green "modify/uninstall". And when I hit the 737 drak green install I get the same mentioned above messages and it does not install.

The only thing that changed was that I boudht and installed IN ADDITION to the already installed 737NGX also the new NGXu. 

So what to do now? Please give me guidance, I of course would like to have the immersion effects 737NGX working, aside the 737 NGXu (for which I also would love to have same as Rob mentions your immersion effects.

But for the time being I wish to be able to have the 737NGX effects working and get the effects re-installed.

Dear Keven,

please advise.

tks, Andreas

Hello Keven,

I also have the same problem with the PMDG 737 NGX, immersion effects not showing in sim (P3Dv4.5 HF2) anymore like before, all other PMDG products (747 and 777) working with immersion effects.

I DID NOT change anything re the PMDG 737 NGX, no new livery or anything. The When I realized I went of course to VFX central, there the products window shows the 737 small window with dark green bar showing direct install ( though I did never uninstall that), the two other PMDG's 747 and 777 still show light green "modify/uninstall". And when I hit the 737 drak green install I get the same mentioned above messages and it does not install.

The only thing that changed was that I boudht and installed IN ADDITION to the already installed 737NGX also the new NGXu. 

So what to do now? Please give me guidance, I of course would like to have the immersion effects 737NGX working, aside the 737 NGXu (for which I also would love to have same as Rob mentions your immersion effects.

But for the time being I wish to be able to have the 737NGX effects working and get the effects re-installed.

Dear Keven,

please advise.

tks, Andreas

Hello Keven,

I also now up on further investigating realized that in VFX central in the 737 Immersion options menu on the right side there is only an apply button with the green arrow( which when I push that brings the result of the error messages mentioned in OP post above) but there is no uninstall button I can hit.

To start with - as I do not wish to uninstall any of my PMDG 737 NGX - please let me know how I can reach an uninstall of the 737 immersion in VFX central or possibly by changing any entry in any of your programs files (which directories?) to remove and re-install the 737 NGX immersion.

Thank you Keven.