Sign in to follow this  
ryanairfr7063

Autogen stops loading

I have been having an issue for some time now with p3dv4.5, when i depart Heathrow i have a solid 25 -30 fps and the scenery looks good. By the time i pass 10,000ft the autogen is gone and the same problem when i land, no buildings or trees. I have ny fps locked at 30 and all my autogen sliders set to max, i have tried different levels in the sliders with no effect. 

Can anyone recommend a setting to use with my current setup.

So my hardware is 

i7 4790 3.60ghz 

16gb Ram

Gtx 1070 

Installed on external hard drive 3.0

Edited by ryanairfr7063
Added word

Autogen max on a 1070 is asking a lot, I went from a 1080 to a 2080ti now I can run autogen max without performance loss.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I might be wrong here, but from what I understand, autogen is generated in CPU and has very little impact on GPU. Sure, if you set that autogen to cast shadows then GPU comes into play, but generating autogen is a task for CPU.

Hi,

Thank you for all your help, Rob ive had this problem for over 4 months and havent been able to resolve it. I followed your instructions and my sim is now enjoyable again, thank you very much.

Regards

Alan

• Upvote 1