Sign in to follow this  
TechguyMaxC

No Subscription Required

Will they have senior discounts?  LOL :biggrin:

• Like 2

XBOX Gold members will be happy to fund flight simmers steaming out of the goodness of their heart

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

Do you think the servers are free for MS?

I just can not imagine that MS gives us these costs for free. I like to pay for good quality. Also monthly

Personally, I think you're right in your assumption. There will be some kind of subscription-model for the streaming part (map streaming). Whether or not, there will be a purely offline variation, with procedural generated terrain/textures (or something like that), I don't know. 

Not to be pessimistic, but I seriously doubt, that the streaming features, which has been showcased in the videos/images for a global map coverage, utilizing Azure AI to generate photo-realistic maps with 3D buildings/trees etc, will be free of charge. 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I don’t think monthly subscriptions are a bad thing for serious simmers but for the casual simmer like myself that maybe complete two or three flights a month it is not cost effective.  

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

I would even pay more than others to make my data on the server a higher priority. If the servers are overloaded, I still get enough data while others have problems.😂

2 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Whether or not, there will be a purely offline variation, with procedural generated terrain/textures (or something like that), I don't know. 

There is, it is already confirmed

3 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I don’t think monthly subscriptions are a bad thing for serious simmers but for the casual simmer like myself that maybe complete two or three flights a month it is not cost effective.  

True, maybe there are more options?

2 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

There is, it is already confirmed

Is there? The way I understood it was, that you would be able to play it offline, with pre-downloaded areas of maps from their service. I didn't know, that there would be a purely offline version.

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1 minute ago, Flamingpie said:

Of course there are. For instance: paying to download a certain region of the high quality stuff and then being able to use it 'forever' without a monthly fee. Just to name one option.

Of course, you could just download the full 2 Petabyte... then you wouldn't need a subscription!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

2 minutes ago, Flamingpie said:

Of course there are. For instance: paying to download a certain region of the high quality stuff and then being able to use it 'forever' without a monthly fee. Just to name one option.

Good option.

But I prefer to pay monthly and have the whole world. I would never pay $ 70 for a small area (ORBX) again. MS will find good options, i hope

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flamingpie said:

I understand that but I personally tend to spend YEARS in a single region so for me it would be okay! 😉 

That's the big difference between us simmer! Everyone needs something else, and MS should satisfy everyone! 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

and MS should satisfy everyone! 😉

Like they did with FLIGHT! :tongue:

11 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

Good option.

But I prefer to pay monthly and have the whole world. I would never pay $ 70 for a small area (ORBX) again. MS will find good options, i hope

I'm guessing you don't fly DCS either.

1 minute ago, yurei said:

I'm guessing you don't fly DCS either.

No, but why?

14 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

Good option.

For the record, an OrbX region is about 37 USD and discounted several times a year (these days 24 bucks) not 70 !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam