Sign in to follow this  
carbonbasedlifeform

You don't need to worry about X-Box Game Pass

X-Box Game Pass is the equivalent of Netflix. If you watch a lot of movies, Netflix can be great. It doesn't stop you from buying individual movies online. For X-Box games or for PC games, you don't need it to buy individual games. Even if something similar comes out for PC, it's going to be optional. You can still get it, but I imagine most AVSIM people won't be interested. And game pass is not the same thing as a gamer tag or a Microsoft gaming account. It's not relevant to a hypothetical MSFS2020 subscription one way or the other.

So just get it out of your mind.

Edited by carbonbasedlifeform
More info
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

X-Box Game Pass is the equivalent of Netflix. If you watch a lot of movies, Netflix can be great. It doesn't stop you from buying individual movies online. For X-Box games or for PC games, you don't need it to buy individual games. Even if something similar comes out for PC, it's going to be optional. You can still get it, but I imagine most AVSIM people won't be interested.

So just get it out of your mind.

Just a little correction, there's already a PC version of it. It's in beta and it costs 4.99 dollars. But all the rest you said on your post is correct.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-game-pass/pc-games?source=lp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Just a little correction, there's already a PC version of it. It's in beta and it costs 4.99 dollars. But all the rest you said on your post is correct.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-game-pass/pc-games?source=lp

Do you mean there is a version of getting the beta games to use with a PC, or there is already a version of MS Flight Simulator available there? I can't find MS Flight Simulator in the list of available beta games. 

I can not understand why you are all afraid of subscription.

The beauty and the size of this world does not fit on a hard disk we have at home. But MS still offers us the possibility of being streamed.

Servers cost money, and I'm glad to use this opportunity. That's why I'm ready to pay for it.

The question should be rather which price is appropriate.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

Do you mean there is a version of getting the beta games to use with a PC, or there is already a version of MS Flight Simulator available there? I can't find MS Flight Simulator in the list of available beta games. 

No MSFS will not be on there it will be on a closed insider test program, but you need a game pass for the insider program.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

20 minutes ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

There's a Beta version of the XBOX GAME PASS for PC, with PC games available on its library. Not related to MSFS2020.

I thought this was clear from August pretty much, since that is when the topics about the Game Pass started to appear 🤣

Let's hope people understands it now!

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

36 minutes ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

No, right now MSFS2020 is not part of that beta program. Go here to register: https://www.flightsimulator.com/insider-home/  for the current alpha/beta program.

22 minutes ago, Flamingpie said:

I think it's time MS sheds some light on all this... 😉

Because the program's release is still a year away?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

41 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

I can not understand why you are all afraid of subscription.

Don't confuse people. 😉 The point of this thread is that game pass is irrelevant to the whole hypothetical subscription issue.

got rid of irrelevant part
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, rjfry said:

but you need a game pass for the insider program.

No you don't. You are probably confusing the MS gamertag with the game pass. Yes, you need a Microsoft gaming account but that is not what the game pass is. Again, forget about "game pass", including with respect to the beta.

clarification

I think it will depend how you use it for the full fat scenery steaming ?? 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, rjfry said:

No MSFS will not be on there it will be on a closed insider test program, but you need a game pass for the insider program.

No you don’t. I think you probably need an Xbox/ms login, but game pass is something completely different (I have the beta version on PC at the moment). 

sorry, saw someone already corrected this. 

Edited by Superdelphinus

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

I think it will depend how you use it for the full fat scenery steaming ?? 

No, nothing will depend on game pass - they’ve already said it will just be one of the ways you can access/ buy the game. 

BIRcmX.gif

• Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5