Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 10th - Insider Update

https://www.flightsimulator.com/october-10th-2019-insider-update/

Feature Discovery Series Episode 1 (WORLD) is here!

TECH ALPHA RECRUITING ENDING SOON!
If you have not already signed up for Tech Alpha, please make sure to do so now. You can register for the Tech Alpha here: https://www.flightsimulator.com/flighting-signup/

Updated DR preview coming soon!

https://www.flightsimulator.com/october-10th-2019-development-update/

DELIVERING THE DELIVERABLES WE SAID WOULD BE DELIVERED DURING THE DELIVERY OF UPDATES
We are pleased to announce that the first episode of our Feature Discovery Series has been released! Recently presented at the Global Preview Event, Episode 1 (World) is an in-depth look at the world we’re building for the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Head into the Insider Area to watch Episode 1!

FEEDBACK PIPELINE
TLDR  – There is a Feedback Dashboard. The dashboard contains a summary of all feedback we collect from community discussions on a daily basis. Feedback is triaged, prioritized, and assigned a plan of action. We will provide the output of this pipeline to the community in a document tentatively called the “Feedback Snapshot” on a regular basis.

There has been an incredible amount feedback from the press coverage of our recent Global Preview Event. This feedback, along with all feedback we’ve been collecting, is critically important to the team to ensure the voice of the community is being put into action through a collaborative and transparent process (i.e. use the Feedback Snapshot to give the community transparency into the feedback we’re prioritizing for action). Features like ATC, Seasons, VR, Rotorcraft, SDK, etc. can be found in the Feedback Snapshot along with our current plan for next steps and timelines for resolution. The Feedback Snapshot will be released at regular intervals and we will announce the date for our first preview release in our next update.

TECH ALPHA

• 10.15 – Recruitment for Tech Alpha 1 ends. If you would like to sign up, please head into the Insider Area and fill out the survey.
  • 10.17 – Build release preparation begins. Insider acceptance confirmation communication begins and will run through 10.24.
  • 10.24 – Release Window Opens. We will begin granting access to the Tech Alpha build to Insiders that have received acceptance confirmation.

BUILD PROGRAM UPDATE
We are currently targeting mid/end November for our second build release (Tech Alpha 2). We expect to open recruitment for Tech Alpha 2 closer to the end of October but expect a final date in our 10.17 update.

DR Update and Episode 2 information coming next update.

Next update 10.17.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 3

Anyone have a direct link to the video? I can't seem to right click to download.

Looking forward to the world preview, but we might have learned the most on Monday with the "influencer" reports.

Edited by carbonbasedlifeform
question

The video size is a whopping 756MB, I'll just wait until it's downloaded to avoid buffering. Fun fact, it's called "LionelV7.mp4".

Just now, ChaoticBeauty said:

The video size is a whopping 756MB, I'll just wait until it's downloaded to avoid buffering. Fun fact, it's called "LionelV7.mp4".

My man Lionel 😩😩😩🍆💦

• Like 2

“DELIVERING THE DELIVERABLES WE SAID WOULD BE DELIVERED DURING THE DELIVERY OF UPDATES”

lol

Edited by aleex
  • Like 2

Just now, FizziPop said:

Website not available for me 🤔 

Have you made sure you're logged-in? It's in the Insider Home. The site never remembers my log-in for some reason.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/october-10th-2019-development-update/

DELIVERING THE DELIVERABLES WE SAID WOULD BE DELIVERED DURING THE DELIVERY OF UPDATES
We are pleased to announce that the first episode of our Feature Discovery Series has been released! Recently presented at the Global Preview Event, Episode 1 (World) is an in-depth look at the world we’re building for the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Head into the Insider Area to watch Episode 1!

FEEDBACK PIPELINE
TLDR  – There is a Feedback Dashboard. The dashboard contains a summary of all feedback we collect from community discussions on a daily basis. Feedback is triaged, prioritized, and assigned a plan of action. We will provide the output of this pipeline to the community in a document tentatively called the “Feedback Snapshot” on a regular basis.

There has been an incredible amount feedback from the press coverage of our recent Global Preview Event. This feedback, along with all feedback we’ve been collecting, is critically important to the team to ensure the voice of the community is being put into action through a collaborative and transparent process (i.e. use the Feedback Snapshot to give the community transparency into the feedback we’re prioritizing for action). Features like ATC, Seasons, VR, Rotorcraft, SDK, etc. can be found in the Feedback Snapshot along with our current plan for next steps and timelines for resolution. The Feedback Snapshot will be released at regular intervals and we will announce the date for our first preview release in our next update.

TECH ALPHA

• 10.15 – Recruitment for Tech Alpha 1 ends. If you would like to sign up, please head into the Insider Area and fill out the survey.
  • 10.17 – Build release preparation begins. Insider acceptance confirmation communication begins and will run through 10.24.
  • 10.24 – Release Window Opens. We will begin granting access to the Tech Alpha build to Insiders that have received acceptance confirmation.

BUILD PROGRAM UPDATE
We are currently targeting mid/end November for our second build release (Tech Alpha 2). We expect to open recruitment for Tech Alpha 2 closer to the end of October but expect a final date in our 10.17 update.

DR Update and Episode 2 information coming next update.

Next update 10.17.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Upvote 1

Inop link for me.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I'm very pleasantly stunned, by the news and the video.

This Flight Simulator might very well be the ultimate (in my lifetime) Simulator.
 In my case I hope ATC and Seasons are available on release date.

Thank You Microsoft.

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

On the Development Roadmap for November, they've stated that an update is coming in September. It's now nearly mid October. Why haven't they kept their promise? They have failed to deliver in this instance. 

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

10 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

FEEDBACK PIPELINE

I don't recall ever having seen something like this from any developer in flightsim world.

BTW, the clip has a great sequence on KSFO which I've not seen before (but perhaps just missed it).

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11