Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 10th - Insider Update

God this is going to be fantastic (at some point) to be in VR flying a helicopter over these cities and scenery.

Just jaw dropping stuff..

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

The handmade/custom objects is what I'm getting at. I like low GA flying so I notice that stuff.

I believe Seattle is an aerial city or at least one of the cities that gets more attention. I don't think the other cities have autogen (not placement but specifics) that matches. Someone mentioned that the Brazilian flyover wasn't that great) relative to OrbX.

I'm brazilian and saw the scenes of Guarulhos (near SBGR, the largest brazilian airport) in the video released last week and I can assure you the MS "autogen" models and placement are centuries ahead of what Orbx accomplished with their OpenLC South America.

As I said, anything Orbx would generate automatically with their data, I believe MS can do better. Because they have more resources.

But when you talk about handmade landmarks/airports/buildings/etc I will totally agree there will plenty of space to the 3rd parties. They will do a better job than the A.I.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Look London as an Example, the default MSFS London already matches the True Earth version in the level of the detail in general, where Orbx could improve would be adding a lot of landmarks and important buildings missing on the default scenery.

There are different levels of quality. London seems like one of their top cities. Manchester might be a better comparison.

The offline mode stuff looks very passable/good. (shot over KRNT looking towards downtown Seattle)..

Man, overall - the autogen tech here is off the charts.  Just game changing approach here.

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ca_metal said:

I'm brazilian and saw the scenes of Guarulhos (near SBGR, the largest brazilian airport) in the video released last week and I can assure you the MS "autogen" models and placement is centuries ahead of what Orbx accomplished with their OpenLC South America.

As I said, anything Orbx would generate automatically with their data, I believe MS can do better. Because they have more resources.

But when you talk about handmade landmarks/airports/buildings/etc I will totally agree there will plenty of space to the 3rd parties. They will do a better job than the A.I.

Well I'm glad to hear Brazil was accurate. The comparison should be with FS2020 though. 

Satellite imagery and AI will continue to be improved with time. There is a lot that Orbx could work on right now, but in a few years I have the feeling they will be out of competition...

If the offline mode does not present the same level of detail as those Seattle shots (it is said that it will be a 100GB install after all), I guess they could tap on that.

Does anyone recognize the cockpit at the very beginning from the guy on the right workstation?

Side note about the video - I love the presenters demeanor and positive/outgoing attitude.

Very warm and friendly - actually adds a lot!  Really really enjoyable to listen to.

• Like 22
  • Upvote 1

This is a great video update, very useful for us scenery developers, especially that it's narrated by someone who knows what he is talking about.

As a scenery developer and a very long time user of MSFS, I am pretty sure that this breathtaking MSFS version will most probably make me live again memories and habits related to this software title... And I mean by that staying late, flying or working on scenery addons as well.

In fact this happened precisely for the first time in 1991 when I discovered something called MSFS V3 on my uncle's PC and I was in high school, in 1998 when I discovered that I can learn and create scenery for MSFS myself instead of waiting for someone to do it for me and I was at University, and in 2011 when I was working along with a friend on one of our freeware scenery for FSX while trying to reduce the noise produced by the keyboard and mouse as my 1 year old son was sleeping...

I am sure I will stay late this time too to learn how to craft scenery for this version and enjoy all the wonders of this virtual world...  🙂

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

Just now, flym. said:

Does anyone recognize the cockpit at the very beginning from the guy on the right workstation?

The guy using the hat switch to change the view a bit to the right?

Looked like an airliner of some kind by the cockpit side windows - hopefully someone will enlighten us

1 minute ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Well I'm glad to hear Brazil was accurate. The comparison should be with FS2020 though. 

What I meant is, places not so accurate in the default scenery will be less accurate because of the ammount of data available. And if data is missing for MS, it will be missing for the 3rd parties too. And on that regard the A.I. will do a much better job fillin-in the gaps.

This is gonna be so awesome in VR!!

• Upvote 4

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

46 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The video size is a whopping 756MB, I'll just wait until it's downloaded to avoid buffering. Fun fact, it's called "LionelV7.mp4".

Does the "V7" mean they had to shot this 7 times before getting it right ?

1 minute ago, cepact said:

Just edit/compression versions I'm sure.

Edited by irrics

1 minute ago, cepact said:

It's probably the 7th rendering of the video to get the details on point and make sure everything is clear, and so that the correct stuff is said and any errors removed - the vid itself not the footage