Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 10th - Insider Update

20 minutes ago, irrics said:

The water around the Statue of Liberty looks fantastic (1:25 in the video)

Good catch, I am speechless

Another good news is the dashboard, can't wait to see it!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Noooch said:

Good catch, I am speechless

Another good news is the dashboard, can't wait to see it!!!

I can just see myself taxiing along in an amphib seaplane right there..

• Like 1

Thats a really great world preview video.  Its one thing to present something as it is, its another to do so with excitement and conviction of what they have accomplished and will accomplish down the road. Great job Lionel.   It sure is a daunting task to build the world , yet they are certainly eager to the challenge. A sort of behind the scenes look of how it comes together.  With all that detail like the grass (wow) Im really curious how they can overcome it not being a huge hit on performance.  Im just blown away by the absolute determination to really have the community involved by the way.  Has any developing house done it to this level?   Fantastic stuff.  

Thanks for the putting the presentation together.  Would love more behind the scenes developing.  Look forward to the other previews!

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

3 minutes ago, irrics said:

I can just see myself taxiing along in an amphib seaplane right there..

Yes the mood alone will be dream like

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

13 minutes ago, irrics said:

The guy using the hat switch to change the view a bit to the right?

Looked like an airliner of some kind by the cockpit side windows - hopefully someone will enlighten us

It’s the upper part of the TBM930 dashboard with its secondary AH...

Thought of some bizliner at first...

Edited by flym.

27 minutes ago, OSJJ1985 said:

Although I must say KSFO for default looked quite impressive (still some work to be done on the taxiways though)

Pushback trucks are present guys!

• Like 1

I am getting more and more exited after seing the latest video.WOW. But I'm also excited to see how the Azure AI will auto generate places that doesn't exist yet. I live in Denmark in a place where there's no orhophotographic (sorry, can't remember the correct term for it) and tried to look at a bigger town where my family lives. In Bing maps it's only a big round building site, and they moved in in 2008 (11 years ago) and today the whole area is full of family homes. How will Azure manage that, since I guess they use Bing data?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Very impressive. Things look just amazing! Cannot wait to do a tour of the world. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I don't know about you, but watching this preview episode, my mind was unable to believe that this is reality. I was like "at some point someone will say that this was a good made joke".

I am so pleased that Microsoft took this step. I am simply speechless and only feel grateful for what is coming.

Thank you Microsoft !  Thank you Flight Simulator 2020 Team ! 

• Like 4

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Can someone link the Insider area?  I am unable to reach the Tech Alpha page.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

59 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

I don't think Azure has the ability to identify the types of trees or roads, 3D building autogen, in every region. OrbX would create all these things.

No, see other threat on Autogen. They should open it up for community developers to fine tune the Autogen (trees/shrubs, structures and house types etc). Community developers could build out all detailed autogen given the right tool. Tired of ridiculous Orbx prices, per region, it would end up costing thousands.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

I don't get that impression at all. If anything, it sounds like the Azure AI can identify those things all over the world with no need to go back and hand annotate certain types of autopen. The AI doesn't have a bias depending on whether it's a more popular part of the world or not. It reads them all just the same. 

What it probably can't do is create perfect renditions of landmarks outside of photogrammetry regions. No doubt they will hand place a lot of those, but some room may be left for developers. Given this level of detail in so much of the world though, it's going to be a tough market to break into. I know for me personally, I'm probably not going to spend money on "regions" or whatever when there are 400+ photogrammetry cities and thousands of other areas with landmarks to play in (with the list growing daily as Bing data improves). 

I reckon freeware modders will have a field day with this game, like most other modern games. Things like adding in landmarks in non photog areas is something that I can see people conceivably wanting, people conceivably modding into the sim, and people conceivably not paying for. If 

• Like 3

Frank, on the 1'st page in this thread someone posted a you tube link that works.

Edited by jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

This looks so ready already!

Ever since I started working with Ortho4XP with custom generated W2XP overlays, I thought it would be neat if the ortho images could be scanned with an algorithm trained to recognize trees and different types of buildings and then create the data to reproduce them accurately in the sim. This would do away with the need for inconsistent data available from OSM and other sources. I also thought it would be neat if the clouds and color matching could be handled by an AI program. This is exactly what they have accomplished and the result is stunning. This could not have been pulled off by a smaller developer, due to the computing power needed, so it is great to see MS back in the game.

Even the full offline mode is a huge leap forward from default X-plane scenery, at least in the Seattle area shown in the video.

• Like 5

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Wow even offline mode looks awesome. If you have a slower internet speed, pre-cached offline will be just as good if not better than online? 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case