Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Rudder Pedals

What does everybody recommend these days?  99% airliner guy.  So it's mostly for taxi and final approach.  Ive been a twist stick guy forever.  Have about 30 hours real life flying, so yes I get the concept and know how important they are.  Is it possible to be in the $250 (US) range and get something ok?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

5 minutes ago, micstatic said:

What does everybody recommend these days?  99% airliner guy.  So it's mostly for taxi and final approach.  Ive been a twist stick guy forever.  Have about 30 hours real life flying, so yes I get the concept and know how important they are.  Is it possible to be in the $250 (US) range and get something ok?

That's the thing....

Lots of options at various price points. Probably best to start checking out reviews.

The logitech ones tend to be in your price range.

Or, you could go cheap....... https://www.amazon.com/ThrustMaster-2960764-Thrustmaster-TFRP-Rudder/dp/B015PII6YI

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

sometimes when I look at amazon reviews my head spins.  That's why I wanted to come to this community for feedback since we tend to be more "into" the hobby.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

The Logitech is probably the best solution. I use my 10 years now and they still work like on the first day.

• Like 1

on the logitech I'm just curious.  When using something like this with a sim like P3D, is the braking just on/off.  Or softer push=lighter brake and harder is full.  I've been using keys or toggle type switches.  

im using the Saitek Pro Cessna

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

5 hours ago, micstatic said:

You don't say what you are flying Xplane  - Prd3 ??? etc

I use Thrustmasters - because they are  a complete kit with Stick and Throttle -  and XPlane 11 recognizes them immediately -

and even with my Saitek  Yoke - they are treated as a set - and provides all assistance in getting them to your satisfaction even the toe brakes

PRd3 however - seems to not want to recognise them - in fact insists that axis z is used as a throttle - and since I really want to use the Yoke

I am disappointed with that sim - and have to use the joystick's twist grip.

I cant comment on the Logitech being accepted in PD3rd - but I chose The thrustmasters as the better of the 2 due to the pedals actually being large

and the same use of braking as in all my Piper GA aircraft.

Other persons who fly the bigger planes - seem to have more money than I - and buy the pendulum type T/Masters - but no brakes on them

thanks for the replies.  P3DV4.  I have the registered FSUIPC, but not too advanced of a user of that

3 hours ago, jaytee73 said:

Other persons who fly the bigger planes - seem to have more money than I - and buy the pendulum type T/Masters - but no brakes on them

According to the Thrustmaster web page, they have "Two very precise differential brakes for perfectly-proportioned braking."

9 hours ago, micstatic said:

on the logitech I'm just curious.  When using something like this with a sim like P3D, is the braking just on/off.  Or softer push=lighter brake and harder is full.  I've been using keys or toggle type switches.  

The latter. The harder you push the harder you brake.

CH Products, both yoke and pedals for many, many years; FS, FSX, P3D. Not familiar with other products. I'm not even sure CH Products are still in business. Good luck, think you will truly enjoy pedal capability. 

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Can’t beat MFG Crosswind pedals. Hand made, out of this world quality. I used to use the Saitek ones and switching to the Crosswinds was like when I switched from my Saitek yoke to the Yoko +

beta.gif

thanks.  I'll have to look into that. 

21 hours ago, NeilC said:

Can’t beat MFG Crosswind pedals. Hand made, out of this world quality. I used to use the Saitek ones and switching to the Crosswinds was like when I switched from my Saitek yoke to the Yoko +

I've read mostly positive things on the MFG pedals.  However I've read some people have problems applying equal left and right braking.  When just wanting to stop straight.  Is this an issue on your end?

The pedals are infinitely adjustable. You can physically adjust them and also calibrate them. 
ive never has an issue with the toe braking (and the DCS BF-109 is very sensitive to this)

beta.gif